Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another new restaurant

Few days ago, Yan told us her friend has opened a new restaurant situated in town area, where they sell steamed soup and rice. we've always wanted to try but it's abit difficult for us during lunch, as we need about 15mins to get to this place from our office.

coincidentally, MIL took a day off from cooking yesterday so hubby suggest to pay a visit to this restaurant.
Restaurant Yang Sheng Ge (养生阁). I believe the name represents good nutrition and health ;)

the menu. there're a few types of soups to choose, and also different types of dessert (tong sui). however, there're not many side dishes available, perhaps the boss wants to try the market 1st. and not every dishes are available everyday.


newly opened since last week I guess. there was only a table of customer yesterday when we were there. I think not many people know about it yet...


we ordered herbal chicken... (the taste is just nice, with lots of herbs)


and lotus root soup with pork ribs (warm and tasted not bad either), for the 2 of us. we had a bowl of rice each, and it's quite filling already as the dishes is soup-based.


I ordered longan and sea coconut dessert to share.

overall, we're quite satisfy with the food, but it would be better if they offer more side dishes. the total bill is RM27 which I think is quite reasonable also, as chinese herbs are not cheap.

here's the address:
Restaurant Yang Sheng Ge
84, Jalan Tupai,
34000 Taiping
Perak.
(same row with former Jennifer Cafe)

21 comments:

  1. oh you are making me so hungry now. that is a cosy restaurant and reasonably priced too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...my mum would love it. She loves chinese herb soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steamed Soup restaurant... hmm, sounds very healthy. I must make a trip to that restaurant someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, yes, the place is cosy, with some soft music playing at the background ;)

    mNhL, I personally love chinese herb soup too! but not recommend to take it often as they're quite heaty, right?

    Yvonne, yea, perhaps we could make a trip there next week when the cat's not around, muahahah :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound nice hey! Even small town like Taiping are going towards healthier lifestyle! Which is good!
    I hope this restaurant works though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirlexia, ya, hope it'll gradually attract customers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mei, i notice the new restaurant too. Haven't try yet...Will go there one day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. really very yang sheng~seem like very nice^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angeline, ya, may give it a try!

    BB, yep, tasted not bad! consider something new in my lovely hometown ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi hi...i think rm 27 is quite reasonable price....i like that soup too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vialentino, I personally think it's reasonable too ;) lotus root soup is nice as it contain lots of fiber!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, yum yum.. I hv added u to my blogroll.;) I like lotus root soup.. The bill also quite reasonable. I don't think we can get this price in KL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I love chinese herbal soups too! They're nutritious and tastes delicious especially the herbal chicken dish! ^^

    My..my...I'm feeling hungry now...need to satisfy my sudden craving for herbal soups. XP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Inspired Momx1, thanks for the add! yea, I dont think KL will offer such price... =_=

    Erika, so, managed to satisfy your craving? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Hayley, wishing you a great weekend ahead, sorry for missing out on your last few posts,,, hope you dont mind,,, but as for this post, i no foodie foodie blogger lah,,,, sorry again,

    you have a great weekend ahead

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eugene, thanks! and no worries on those missing posts, understand that you're pretty occupied. Hows your lovely wife? speedy recovery to her ya!

    Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Didn't know you go ther already, on behalf of my friend, I thanked you for the support. Hehehehe! I didn't get any commission from her,ok!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yan, lol, I din't see your friend that time, otherwise I would mention your name :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... the decor, looks so Nyonya, I love oriental foods, yummy!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alice, me too! plus they're healthy and nutritious too!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)