Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The lurve for chocolates

If you followed my blog for some times, you should know I'm a chocolate person ;) basically, all kinds of edible chocolates ^^
Though I like chocolates, sometimes I can't help but feeling guilty after consuming :( Thank God I found some useful infor/guidelines through Yahoo and I'd like to share with all chocolate lovers out there.

1. Raising the bar
Read the labels. For example, A Toblerone white chocolate bar is only 180 calories; however, this actually means for one serving, meaning if you eat it all, you’re getting 540 calories and 30 grams of fat.
So take some times to study on the labels.


2. Sugar-free Calorie Bombs
Don’t be fooled by the "free." For example Sarris makes a sugar-free chocolate bar that contains 300 calories and 12 grams of saturated fat.
So bear in the mind that not all sugar-free desserts really means sugar-free.


3. Worst Health Fakers
Just because a bar sits in the healthy display stand, doesn't mean it's any better than the candy on the other side of the racks.
So I believe the trick is still to rely on the label.


Lindt Classics

Tootsie Pop

4. Fattest Bites
The Lindt Classics chocolate sampler averages 230 calories and 10 grams of saturated fat for three pieces. Most assorted chocolates have similar numbers. For fewer calories and zero fat, you can opt for candy corns. Or suck on a chocolate Tootsie Pop—no fat and only 60 calories—and it will occupy your taste buds much longer than these three sampler nibbles.
So find some substitutions if you can.

*all photos taken from Google*




11 comments:

  1. Yes i know you are a choc lover :D I used to eat snickers and mars bars a few times a week but no longer can do so......uwawawawawawawawa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and hope to hear from you more often. You have a very lovely blog as well. Hope you're having a wonderful day.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, oh why not? I think it's okay to have one or two once a while :p

    Kristy, thanks! Have a lovely evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people have mistaken that I don't like chocolate or cake or ice cream. I ate them, ok! But I can live without them for the sake of my body fat. Once in a while, ok la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yan, haha ya agree, once a while is okay~ ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha...i'm a choc lover too, to be exact not just choc, i love anything tat is sweet~~~haha....
    thx for sharing the good tips, i like the 4# one. shud do tat to control myself eating a lot of choc...hehe...
    u too hayley, control it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vinnie, yea, I always control myself on this, haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many disadvantages contributing to our body fat. Die la, this time really need to 'divorce' with chocolate already. But chocolate makes me high and happy... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yvonne, haha ya agree, chocolates make us happy..
    'Divorce' with chocolate? I think it's hard though.... =_=

    ReplyDelete
  10. The figure of calories... lol... I just having one of the calbury vanilla fudge in my mouth! Must feed more milk to lil bro liao, since breastfeeding helps to reduce fat and calorie, kiahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alice, haha yes you should! :P

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)