Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ong Bak 3: The Final Battle

Starring: Tony Jaa, Dan Chupong
Synopsis:
The final instalment of the Ong Bak franchise, "Ong Bak 3: The Final Battle" continues from where "Ong Bak 2" left off. Tien (Tony Jaa) was captured and tortured by the Mystic Crow Demon (Dan Chupong) and sentenced to death by being buried underground. However Tien was rescued by Pim, an Apasara dancer and nursed him back to health. His ex-master Phra Bua, now a monk at the village, teaches Tien the traditional dance 'Klon'. Tien regains his physical and mental strength and awakened the new martial arts "Hattayuth" or "Dancing fight". However, Tien still seeks revenge against the Crow Demon and must battle him physically while he struggles with the darker demons inside of him.

*source from here*

I've watched Ong Bak I and II, and personally feel it's a nice movie, thats what trigger me to watch this too. But I'm disappointed with the movie :S Part III is much boring compared to the previous 2. Not much storyline, except for more fighting and reveal how the King dies due to the curse. The most exciting part comes towards the end of the movie where Tien battles against Demon and bring back harmony to the village.

rating: 2.5/5

8 comments:

  1. Jen, hmm, plan to watch?
    Anyway there're quite many violence scenes in this movie, not really suit for kids, thats why it's 18PG rated...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays hardly watch movie PG18 rated ones.. Cartoon movies then mostly sapu all. Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wathced the first installment,after that no more,,no more,, to me the story line so so only, the actor cant act, and the fight routines mmmmmmmmm also so so,,,,sorry sorry only my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley, surprised to see you love these martial arts movies.
    I've only seen his first one....might check this one out though.
    I guess age catching up as lost my taste for these, prefer more like Indiana Jones type....
    Have fun, Hayley....Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired Momx1, yep I can understand. We need to somehow switch our taste to animation movies when we have kids... ;)

    Eugene, it's ok.. but to me, the actor can really fight, but the whole movie is still lacking of something...

    Lee, haha, I'd watch real martial arts movies!
    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched part 1 from dvd. But very violent le...bleeding here and there. I prefer cry cry movies. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. mNhL, correct, very violent.. But some bleeding scenes look kinda fake also la :P

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)