Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stinks no more!

I'm sure we all know what is it like driving/sitting in a new car. I myself feel uncomfortable with the new car's smell and also other bad smell which circulates in the car. Before this, I only knew pandan leaf could helps, but after reading Road Rules section in Cleo magazine, I realised there're many things out there we could utilise! most importantly, there're cheap and easily available!

1. Charcoal
Charcoal works wonder to remove smells... Just place it under the seat and it will bind smells onto it.

2. Tea bags
Place a few tea bags in the door pockets to absorb the odours.

3. Dried citrus peel
Dry lemon peel in the oven at about 300C for about an hour, stuff them into a small cloth bag, place it under the seats and the fresh scent will linger in the car.

4. Vanilla essence
Pour a few drops of vanilla essence onto cotton balls and place them in the door pockets.

5. Pandan leaf
Pandan leaf not only do good on cooking dessert, it also helps get rid of foul odours. Tie a few strips of the leavs into knots and put them under the car seat. Replace them regularly until odour dispel.

6 comments:

  1. Aaa... I only know charcoal and pandan leaf can remove smell. But you listed out more :D

    Good sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, yea, it's a good piece of information! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for the useful tips! Do you have any tips to get rid of cocroaches in the car? Since I have 2 rascals, my car has bundles of junks' debris and crumb that attract 'little gross insects'!:p

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alice, thats pretty irritating huh? I hate cockcroach too! Too bad I have no idea how to get rid of them, if you do, let me know also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think newspaper will also help to absorb those stinky smells. I've tried that before (not in the car) but in the toilet. haha... It really absorb those stinky smells. Maybe due to the carbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mNhL, oh really? I only know newspaper is used to polish mirror and it really works!
    Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)