Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lady luck

You know I'm a loyal fan of CLEO magazines. I buy them every month without miss, simply because it's packed with fashion/females topics, contests and also the price per magazine is reasonable. Over the years, I've won twice of the contests, I remembered the 1st prize I won was a Nivea products hamper, but the 2nd one I dint manage to collect them from their PJ office as I was back to Taiping :(

Recently, I read one of their article named 'The Air Down There' (from May edition) and I thought it was such a great article! We all ladies know how important it's to take care of our, ehem, down there, in general, personal hygiene. So I thought of writing to them to show how much I benefited from reading the article. I dint think of winning then, but just wanted to write and thank them.. but who knows, I was selected as letter of the month!! woohoo :D

the excerpt of what I wrote to CLEO *click to read*


I received a call the other day from a friendly CLEO staff Sofia, asking me for mailing address and details. But I have to bear the courier fees which is RM 15 if I would like them to send to my doorstep.

tada!! these are the prizes I won. Laneige Snow Crystal Dual Foundation on the left and Sliding Pact EX Snow Crystal powder on the right *grin*


close up. Laneige has been a famous Korea skin care brand and it has the main ambassador, the famous Korea celebrity Song Hye Kyo (宋慧乔).

I like the snow crystal dual foundation (RM120+) as it has a light shimmering effects, and as for the sliding pact (RM 132+), I certainly love the design because it looks so cool! just like a sliding handphone, LOL... I'll do a full review of these products soon. And is it worth to pay RM 15 for the 2 of these lovelies? you judge it yourself ^_^
Thank you CLEO for the lovely prizes!!

23 comments:

  1. Congratulation, you see you never try you never know, right?

    keep up the good works, i remember reading in newspaper the other day, there was this lady who kept joining contests upon contests, and surprisingly, she managed even to go to New York for the premier of Sex in the City.

    keep it up ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. These are very lovely and luxury prizes. They definitely worth your RM15. Envy, envy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! I bet u sure very very happy, not because of the prize u won, just the satisfy feeling... no word can describe~ =) Happy for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you lucky girl! Such a great prize for RM15. Now I'm inspired to write in to any contest :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eugene, to be honest, I hardly won anything though I did tried many times... this time I guess I'm just being luckier. Thanks ;)

    Yan, thank you!

    Evelyn, yes, you are right! Cant describe that kinda feeling ^^

    Yvonne, ya, cannot let go any chance, haha.. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are so lucky! Last time, during Uni time, I just won the L'oreal Nail Polish from them only.
    Anyway, congrats and wish you lucks keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoong Yoong, thank you dear!
    Why you never blog anymore? =_=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is so cool! Congrats!
    You know what? I was also a loyal fan to CLEO even when I was in Perth!
    But until about two years back I needed to cut down on my budget I stopped buying...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! U r so lucky! LANEIGE products is not cheap leh...Happy for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are so lucky! Congratulations :) I won a purse many many years ago from Her World and I was over the moon :) Since then, no more luck :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. OUUUUUUUUUUU! I see laniege!! i use the skin care too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shirlexia, thanks! Hmm, now that you started working and got income already.. I believe you can afford it already, right? hehe..

    Angeline, yes, the brand not cheap...

    Barbara, keep trying.. who knows? :)

    Jen, really? So, satisfy with the product?

    ReplyDelete
  13. huhuhu... i think i need to write to cleo then even thou i nvr buy cleo. haha. should i start buying it now .. hm hm
    congrazz hayley! xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. goldflower86, thank you! yes, never try never know! Good luck to you~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrat~~~
    evy u oo~~ got so nice product....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Vinnie, thanks! I'm excited too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, congrats darling!^^ It didn't cross my mind that the letter of the month was written by you! You got uber cool prizes man! I'm so happy for you~ *Huggies* xD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Erika, I dint thought I'd win too! haha, thank you!! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooo...I won't mind paying for the RM15 for the prizes to be delivered to my door steps.

    Congratulations on the winning. So nice to win something ya. haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. mNhL, yes, I was so thrilled! hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! Nice gifts! I've never won anything although I took part in sooooo many of its contests. I used to buy Cleo every month without fail when I was much younger (and working). Now, I feel I'm too old for it *cham*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulation and well done! A simple, concise and nicely wrote comment for the magazine article!^-^ You deserve the tokens!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ChloeRuoyi, thanks! No, you're never too old to read such magazine!

    Alice, thank you! It was a simple article and I never expect would won! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)