Monday, September 6, 2010

Piranha 2010

image from here

Starring: Steven R. McQueen, Elisabeth Shue, Jessica Szohr


I dint watch the 3D, but just the 2D is already scary enough. Lots of blood and flesh (ewww!), no wonder its rated 18 and above. Really not suit for kids... (lots of scene of girls in bikinis too! :P)

The sudden underwater tremor triggers the release of a big group of killer piranhas to Lake Victoria, it was the school spring break and thus hundreds of people are killed. after the study of the piranha sample brought back by Sheriff Julie (Elisabeth Shue), it was discovered that actually this sample is just the baby piranha, which means the parents is still somewhere out there and will be much bigger!

I think there'll be episode II coming soon... overall, the storyline is ok (but not for everyone), it's just that the blood and flesh scenes are so real, I felt abit sick after watching... =_=

rating: 3.5/5

14 comments:

  1. Gosh darling, I watched it already and it was damn gory and gross! Bit of body parts and blood were everywhere in the movie...it's so sickening. It scared the hell outta me....thank God I only watch it in 2D...else...hahaha! xP

    But the best part was of course watching the hot babes and hunks partying in their swimsuits~ Hahaha! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angeline, it's quite kan cheong also.. and I got shocked at few parts!

    Erika, you're right, those sexy bikini girls scenes neutralise the fleshy parts... LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the trailer on tv. I must admit it does look gross and scary with those bewilded girls screaming their lungs out and blood oozing into the water. Won't be watching this movie in the cinema because I got an underaged girl tagging along. Maybe will wait for Astro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, yes, its strictly for 18 and above only. Nvm, wait for DVD perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  5. my fav movie...since my childhood....must watch this scary movie...esp this fish...hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Via, you like the fish or the bikini girls? hahaha :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm waiting to watch this but got to wait for the DVD to be out. Really scary movie like Jaws but I like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, hate it but love it right? LOL. I must admit the movie is really kan cheong lo...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hayley, you love seeing these movies, huh?
    I have not gone to a movies ages. My wife prefers when I go, she instead do walkabout in the Mall.
    Looks like an exciting pic too.
    Have fun, Haley, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lee, yes, no doubt its scary, but very kan cheong also watching it, hehe.. it's good to switch between romance and action movies like this, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ouuu!! not my kind of movie. since its scary! thanks for the heads up hayley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, not only scary, digusting as well.. haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frankly, I don't like this type of movie... personally think it's over exaggerating! In reality, Pirahna doesn't look as horrible as it showed in the movie!=_=

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)