Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Transformation of classical beauty

Remember Ivy? The lady who did my make up and hair do during my wedding in March. She's getting famous in Taiping now, due to her professional works and extended network (thanks to FB).
She organized a classical beauty contest(古典美人竞赛) last week, I did helped to answer some of the questions in her event created in FB, and according to her, I was the 1st one who responded and paid. LOL :D

Each contestant pays RM 138 for the contest, which includes classical make up and hair do, as well as chinese traditional costumes and photography shooting. 3 winners will be selected from the judges based on several criterias. At the end of the contest, contestant can either redeem Aery Jo products worth RM 100 or 10 hours make up courses with Ivy.

I reached her studio as early as 9am and a few contestants were already there.. I was the 2nd one for that morning, luckily I picked morning session as there were less contestants

in the making... I dint thought of winning anything (no confidence la...),
joined just for fun and also to support Ivy :)

make up was done by Boey (Ivy's student) and hairdo by Ivy herself



haha, recognise me? please dont laugh at my look... I know it doesnt look like me. to be honest, I wasnt satisfy with the outcome. I just feel that the overall transformation made my face even rounder. anyway, I picked the red costume, I like the collar part...


some other contestant

another lady, Christy...

and this is Annie. yep, I asked her to join me for the contest, haha :)

the whole process took nearly 4 hours, the photos are ready at the photo studio but I'm yet to choose the best one (not dare to see). but no matter what, it was a fun and memorable experience. now I know how hard it is for those HK actresses, that hairdo is so heavy!! :0

26 comments:

  1. haha~~~ the make up is really really erm...quite thick?...
    but overall not bad lar...
    n u look nice in tat make up n costume...another different look of u...
    really look like those tvb actress...
    nice n memorable experience u have...

    ReplyDelete
  2. look alike " gui fei"...
    wish to see ur pic soon^

    ReplyDelete
  3. 参见娘娘!!哈哈。。。
    很有贵气叻,我觉得很不错啊~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can i say here..mmmmmm. Make up or cosmetic make over, to me it is very secondary, a true make over or make up can only be outstanding if the lady exudes certain qualities there is only in herself, there is no need to let the make up outshine what you already have,just look at you, you are so beautiful even without make-up, and the make up just makes you look even outstanding, same make up on two different people but two diffrerent results.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what i find the most beautiful make up of all,,,,, SMILE, smile a lot, the you dont really need make up ,,,,,

    hey you look great

    take care now

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vinnie, you're right! Those traditional make up always thick and colorful..

    Sherley & Evelyn, haha thank you!

    Eugene, thanks for the compliment! I agree, smile is the most important asset for any ladies.. Make up is just a side assistant, but I think for certain people, we just cant live without make up! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so different. but nice,

    ReplyDelete
  8. u look like guai fei! u cna be the next HK actress. Mei, happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha! Sorry, doesn't mean to laugh at you, but your bravery to join this contest! It's true, your face look 'fuller' :p Hey, you should feedback to Ivy, asking her to leave some side-hair to hide your cheeks.

    Looking forward your studio photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angeline, really? haha thank you! :P
    Indeed everybody there also look like guai fei!
    Same to you, happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yvonne, actually I've told her at the beginning, but may be she's too busy to cater for that.. =_=

    ReplyDelete
  12. Among all the pictures that you post here, I find you looked the best. I hope you win.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yan, I dont think I'll win, haha :P
    Anyway thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, next time I wanna join, can?! xD I love to be make-up and dressed like a model though I don't look like one~ Haha! xP

    It's a great experience, darling! You look beautiful~ ^^ I'm confident that you'll win something from it~ All the best to you! *Huggies* (^_^)v

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erika, sure can! waiting for Ivy's next event ya~ hehe..
    Thank you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, lovely. You are the prettiest, Hayley. So when would you know the result? Good luck to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara, aww thanks ;)
    Erm, in a few weeks time I think.. anyway, dint hope big la =_=

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow one has to pay RM138 to enter the contest! It's quite a lot! Anyway, you look great there & hope you can be 1 of the winners :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dora, its quite worth as the RM 100 we can redeem products or 10 hours make up course! Thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great experience ! And you choose the best costume. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wah~!! (blow whistle) You looked like 'Yang Gui Fei', one of the Tang Dynasty famous concubine!!! Don't be so picky, you looked great and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Alice, thanks for the compliment! haha, but to be honest, the result is not what I expected.. Anyway, I had lotsa fun!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)