Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The amazing facts about lemon



1. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the wash cycle to brighten up those fading whites.
(very useful! Especially on those old clothes..)

2. Relieve a sore throat. Cut a lemon in half. Skewer one half over a medium flame on a gas stove until the peel turns golden brown. Let cool slightly, then mix the juice with 1 teaspoon of honey. Swallow the mixture.
(a natural method of relieving sore throat! why not?)

3. For subtle highlights in blond hair, simmer two sliced lemons in water for one hour (add more water if needed). Strain, then pour into a spray bottle.
(haha, great for people who have colored hair like me!)

4. To remove tough food stains from light wood and plastic cutting boards, slice a lemon in half, squeeze onto the soiled surface, rub, and let sit for 20 minutes before rinsing. The best part? You'll have a house that smells like a lemon grove rather than chemicals.
(not only do this remove stain, it smells nicer too!)

information taken from here

18 comments:

  1. Great info. I'm gonna get some lemons to remove these old stains from Gwen's baju..hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved lemon juice. iced lemon tea. even with a slice put into plain ice water add a special flavour to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mummy Gwen, tell me if it really works! ;)

    梦旅飞, you're welcome!

    Johnnie L, yes, I drink ice lemon tea also.. People say lemon juice is a good source for losing weight ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. HeLLo HayLey,

    An informative topic about lemon. I guessed you must have drank a lemon drink yesterday or probably you saw lemons somewhere in a shop.

    I think lemon is also used to burn some fat in our body. Those who are undergoing a slimming programme would include lemons in their drinks.

    Would you like to try?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah~! So much benefits this little yellow fragrant fruity can offer, thanks for sharing!

    I heard it's very good to lighten the dull area under armpits too!;)have a nice day ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I just like ice lemon tea... and lemon, lime drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Willie, I know!! Lemon juice is a good source of losing weight due to its sourness, or so I guess ;)
    I already tried and am still trying :P

    Alice, ya its amazing right? You have a nice day too!

    ChrisAu, haha, I seldom heard guys like lime drinks.. glad you like it!

    Yukee, thanks for dropping by! You have a cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna try out point #3... chemical-free hair dye, muahahaha!

    Good sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yvonne, LOL, ok, tell me if it works ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah, the one on brightening up faded white clothes....hmmm....that's a useful one for me. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alice Phua, hehe, no worries! Great things are meant to share ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like lemon drink with honey. So refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mNhL, me too! Great drinks for our throat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. now i feel like drinking iced lemon tea seeing the picture. btw thanks for sharing the infor :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna try no. 1 hehe...
    I'm quite a firm believer in no. 2. It's proven to be quite effective but I just gargle with the juice (with a bit of hot water added to it)... short-cut way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. goldflower86, welcome gal.. I like iced lemon tea also! Simply refreshing!

    ChloeRuoyi, lemon and honey are a great combination for throat! Hope no.1 tips work for you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)