Sunday, October 31, 2010

Takers 2010

image from here

Its been a while since I last visited the cinema... been waiting for this one actually, as there're Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen :P (normal la, sometimes we watch movies also because of handsome guys and pretty girls)


Starring: Paul Walker, Hayden Christensen, Chris Brown, Matt Dillon


Synopsis:
A seasoned team of bank robbers, including Gordon Jennings (Idris Elba), John Rahway (Paul Walker), A.J. (Hayden Christensen), and brothers Jake (Michael Ealy) and Jesse Attica (Chris Brown) successfully complete their latest mission and lead a life of luxury while planning their next job. When Ghost (Tip T.I. Harris), a former member of their team, is released from prison he convinces the group to strike an armored car carrying $20 million, but only God and he knows the motives behind. As the "takers" carefully plot out their strategy and draw nearer to exacting the grand mission, a reckless police officer (Matt Dillon) inches closer to arrest the criminals.
But criminals are criminals, they surely need to pay for what they do... In the end, only left 2 of them....
*infor taken from IMDB*


The movie lasted for nearly 2 hours (which is abit too long), lots of gun shooting and action as well. Overall its ok for me but the ending is abit too brief.

Rating: 3.5/5

10 comments:

  1. hmm.... don't think i like this kind of movie. Waiting for DVDs of predators and Legend of fist to be release. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ChrisAu, oh why?
    Hmm, these 2 are quite long already, DVDs should be available now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!

    I have not been to the cinema for ages. Lucky u for being able to go there again.

    Thanks for the info on this movie. I can see that there were lots of popular dudes acting in the movie. Since there's a lot of gun shooting, I bet i will have a lot of fun watching this movie. But like u said, i think i will be disappointed to watch a brief ending especially the ending that has no end. Hahaha!

    Thanks Hayley.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... the movie plot sounds a little like the Ocean series... (Ocean 11, 12 & 13).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willie, haha, its my personal opinion.. May be you'll think differently? ;)

    Yvonne, hmm... but this one is nicer than Ocean series I think... (though I dint watch them)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see, the movie's plot sounds a bit dull to me too... I heard Michelle Yeoh's new movie, REIGN OF ASSASSINS has got quite some good verdicts, have you watch it?!

    Have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hayley, love your header wedding pics. Really beautiful pics. And the background is really gorgeous!

    I have not been to a movie more than 2 years, ha ha.
    Don't even know whats showing. Only know when read your blog or others about movies.
    I guess because I stopped reading the papers long time.
    That movie 'Takers' looks interesting.
    You have fun and keep well, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, I dint watch that one.. I'm not very interested in movies like that, haha :D
    Thanks and you too!

    Lee, thank you!
    The movie is ok, only the ending is abit brief..
    You take care there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yaya! i love the handsome guys too! keke

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)