Friday, December 3, 2010

Versailles & The Lourve

Continuation of my Paris trip post (hope you're not bored yet :P).
We visited the famous Versailles, the gilded world of King Louis XIV.

this morning, the mist was so thick until we hardly see whats in front of us. of course, temperature dropped to about 3-4'C =_= This is the entrance to Versailles

the formal gardens "a la Francaise"

this garden is huge and nice, unfortunately the mist was so thick so I couldnt show you how nice it is.. you can try google for clearer photos
we entered the Grand Apartments and Hall of Mirrors
Michelle, friendly tour guide who speaks fluent Mandarin, French and English

lots of things to see


so many visitors that day!


and I spotted this handsome guy! hehe ;)

spent about 30 mins inside and when we came out, there was some sunlight, felt much better!


We also went to the biggest museum in the world, The Lourve Museum. Yep, the place where the movie 'Angels and Demons' did their shootings.

before we enter the museum, we took some photos at the surroundings. This is also the Arc de Triomphe, but the smaller one :)


more photos of me!


the Lourve museum and the famous glass pyramid


us with the glass pyramid. the night view of the glass pyramid is even nicer!


hubby and I there


syok sendiri shot :P I felt that my skin was fair and smooth due to the nice weather there, LOL


the glass pyramid again, so nice!

the interior of the museum, three world-famous works inside are the Venus de Milo, the Victory of Samothrace and Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa


there were lots of visitors too


spot Mona Lisa. the painting isnt so big, but yet attracted so many people. this is the best shot I could get


p/s: Eiffel Tower post coming up next! ^^

17 comments:

  1. All pictures are lovely. You looked so beautiful in the picture that you 'shiok sendiri' one. I can see you have flawless skin there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the museum make me think of Tom Hanks. It's so lovely, historical and artistic unlike our museum here, ahem.. with nude statues. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOPE! not boring at all. enjoy reading ur travel post.. blog more!! :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley, thanks for dropping by shenny's blog.
    Wow, you have visited more places than us, I think. We skipped to visit museums because of time constraint and my daughter might find it very bored. She preferred to run around chase after those pigeons. Love all photos you took. You are beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The architecture there is really spectacular. So nice... Your skin really looked flawless and fair in the photo. I think you memang have flawless skin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wah! Beautiful place to visit! Yes, I agree too, your skin looks very fair , smooth and white, especially when your husband's face is there also which makes the difference very obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, have to agree that your complexion is flawless... so fair and smooth :) I find the weather very dry over there. Had to apply tonnes of face moisturizer and body lotion haha.

    The Lourve museum is so nice. Too bad we didn't go in and only took some photos at the glass pyramid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yan, haha thank you!

    Yvonne, yes, lots of nude statues inside, very artistic ;)

    Yvon S, thank you for following! I'll blog more :P

    Shenny's mommy, no worries! I thought visiting the museums/cathedral is boring too, but actually not..
    Thanks for the compliment ^^

    Mummy Gwen, haha thanks, but when I came back here, the 'flawless-ness' hilang =_=

    Alice Phua, LOL.. very obvious right? one black and one white, hahaha :D

    ChloeRuoyi, correct! Weather was very dry there, I did facial mask every night before sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hayley, love your pics. And your skin being nice and smooth' due the cool weather....you're right.
    Apart from turning fairer I guess weather plays a part as vs where you are of the heat and humidity.

    Maybe one day you might want to move to a cooler country? Ha ha.

    Your pics are really beautiful. And Paris is always great to spend holidays there....with its beautiful city and many places of interest.
    Have a pleasant weekend, Hayley, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah u do look fairer, u must plan with ur hubby to move there so will hv better skin. hahahaha. :)
    what so captivating about mona lisa? do monalisa smile at u?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee, thanks ;)
    Move to a cooler country? Hmm, not a bad idea, but not possible to happen, haha ;)
    Yes you're right! Paris is always a great place to visit, I really wish to go back there agaih..
    You enjoy your weekend!!

    goldflower86, Mona Lisa smiled to you no matter which angle you're standing, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I missed out Versailles during my visit because I opted for Disneyland :P

    Definitely need to see it if there's a next time. It's such a famous place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YT, hmm, I heard Disneyland Paris is not so nice eh?
    Nvm, next time you must visit Versailles! the garden is really huge and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wah~! very misty indeed! I love the chandelier and the human sculptures, it marvellous!^-^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alice, yaya we hardly see things clearly that time =_= Those sculptures are really masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Disney Paris is not famous because the Parisians don't like American culture I think. Plus Paris city itself is a wonder, so not many are interested in a man-made themepark.

    I am a kiddo and I love Disneyland. I think all Disneyland meets the "quality", so it wasn't a disappointment at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. YT, we dint visit the Disneyland, but I guess it was alright, at least we went to some must-visit places there! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)