Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2D1N up North

As mentioned, I was away during the weekend to the Southern part of Thailand, Hadyai. It was a short trip, but a fun one!
Before I proceed, let me tell you that I dint snap any food photos this time, because I was eating with in laws, and a group of their friends... so, paiseh lo... :P

left house early morning and we reached the border without much hassle! lunch was chicken rice at the famous Tai Thong kopitiam

after checked in, it was individual activity time! hubby and I walked around the city area, and I dint forget to eat my all time favourite Swensen ice cream!! :))


yours truly

hubby's sleepy face and my happy face!


mine!


hubby's

some random performance outside Lee Garden mall

weather was terribly hot at Hadyai! but it dint stopped me from shopping and shopping! :D


fast forward to the evening, we gathered at the hotel lobby to our dinner place. we stayed at Novotel hotels this time

after dinner, we walked to the nearest foot massage center and enjoyed the 1 hour relaxing foot massage! it was only 250 baht (RM25)!

supper was the 'quite-expensive' dessert =_=
a bowl of leng chee kang which cost RM5

The next morning, we took tut tut and shopped at the big market...
not much change though

the decent us ;)

That pretty much summarised my short getaway to Hadyai! and here's my shopping loots:

a cute baby boy and baby girl clothing for friends ;)


clothes, shoes and hair products for hubby, friends and myself


and some food for CNY~

19 comments:

  1. Hi Hayley, beautiful pics. Last time I was there in the '70s.
    I guess it is cheap to shop there and fun too.
    Have fun and keep well....oh yam tried te tom yam there?
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see that you were enjoying yourself up north.............

    CNY shopping done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your CNY goodies are so many. A very good family outing to Hadyai.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to tag along your in-laws for last minute shopping spree up north....

    You guys really shopped a lot there - look at the food!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, look at the food and the mangoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my last visit to there was 8years ago!wow... time fly fast!! I wish to be there again... I miss their crystal pineapple and massage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you all bought those tins of biscuits for cny? must be very heavy :) hayley, i'm so sorry that I won't be able to see you this cny. really very disappointed. hope to see you very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..so many food for CNY! The photos of you eating ice cream is so adorable. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you mentioned north, I was guessing Penang or Langkawi. Hmm, both also wrong haha. Haadyai is a food and shopping heaven. Went there during my company trip last time. Nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wife and I almost made it to Hatyai few years back before the resurgent of Muslim extremists prompted us to discard our plans!! We had already paid for air ticket :( sob sob!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lee, yes! We tried the famous tomyam during the trip ;) slurrppp~
    Thanks for dropping by and you have a nice day!

    Eugene, yes, CNY shopping done! :D

    Yan and Yvonne, yaya, it was a fun trip and I managed to buy things that I want ;)

    Mummy Moon, yea! Those are really nice and are my hubby's favourite ;)

    Evelyn, well, you can always plan a trip there!

    Barbara, yea the whole car is fully loaded :P
    Oh too bad :( But nvm la, hope to see you soon~

    Mummy Gwen, hehe thank you!

    ChloeRuoyi, yes, it's a nice place! But food is not so cheap there...

    thule, oh sorry to hear that!! but now its ok, you may go ahead and plan a trip there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a great trip you had! I love your ice-cream! Yumz!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hometown is very near to Hadyai, my bf's even nearer!!! But I never really went there for a proper trip before.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a coincident, we went to Hadyai too! Too bad didn't got to meet you! LOL, don't worry, I have a long post of food to treat you all, muahahaha!;D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erika, yea! The ice cream is a must eat there ;)

    YT, oh then you should really make a trip there....

    Alice, oh really! What a coincident... :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's hard to come by experienced people on this subject, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
    Thanks

    Also visit my blog ... satelite **

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahaa, its fastidious conversation about this piece of writing at this place at this blog, I have read all that, so
    at this time me also commenting at this place.

    Here is my website :: farrington ()

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will right away take hold of your rss feed as I can't in finding your email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you've any?
    Kindly let me realize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.


    Also visit my site - burleson - -

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think the admin of this web page is really working hard for his web page, since here
    every material is quality based stuff.

    Feel free to visit my blog ... tardigradus

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)