Monday, January 10, 2011

Season of the witch 2011

Happy 3rd birthday to this blog! ;)
Cant believe its been 3 years since I rant everything here, LOL :D

Back to the topic, this is the 1st movie I watched in the cinema this year.

image from here

Starring: Nicholas Cage, Ron Perlman, Claire Foy

Synopsis:

14th century knight, Behmen (Nicholas Cage) is commanded to transport an accused witch (Claire Foy) to a remote abbey, where the monks will perform a ritual in hopes of ending the black plague which has killed lots of poeple. They start the adventurous mission together with another knight, a priest, an itinerant swindler and an ambitious youth. The journey turns even harder when they learn that the accused witch is not just an odinary witch.....



As a big fan of Nicholas Cage, I dont want to miss a chance to watch this movie. It turns out that, the movie isnt as good as what I've expected, the talking part is somewhat boring... But overall, I'd give a rating of 3/5 ;)

more infor here

13 comments:

  1. happy 3rd anniversary to your blog!!

    Hope many more years to come.... and lets continue to blog and read each others blog. haha.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mNhL, thanks thanks ;)
    Yea, keep blogging ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh~ time flies.... happy 3rd anniversary to your blog!

    It's been long since I last checked the movie on cinema. I love Nicholas Cage too, but just wonder is this movie in 3D here? I don't want to watch if it's 3D...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yvonne, thanks ;)
    Nope, it's not in 3D here. I wont be watching too if its in 3D *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your lovely blog, and thanks you for keeping us entertained with your handy beauty info, scrumptious gourmet and wonderful outing!

    Ohh, I used to be a big fan of Nicholas Cage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh I thought of watching that too but I guess i could giv it a miss since it not that fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy 3rd anniversary to your blog!! , keep on writing !!

    i hardly watch movie now, every movie we wanna watch, we always make sure, my boy will like it !!
    Other wise, half way of the movie he will said : Mummy, why so long , i wanna go home now !! O.o

    I saw the making of this movie, no bad ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice, haha thanks for reading mine ;)

    dblchin, there're some interesting parts also la...

    Anggie's Journal, I understand... So I think animation will be a better choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaa...a movie review or synopsis.

    No Nicholas Cage is one of my favourite male actors. He looks cool in the "Sorcerer's apprentice".

    Reading your synopsis, I will definitely want to watch this movie because I love movies that are set in medieval era, where swords, arrows and heavy armours are involved. I think their fights are manly coz they fought hand to hand unlike today where, people shoot from far away with missiles and bullets. An unfair and coward battle.

    I think I have blog for 3 years too. We both should have a "Yamseng" shout lah. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done ! U kept your blog for 3 years and going strong. I guess this a good movie, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In some ways time has floiwn for me. I reset my blog (destroyed it?) three years ago, December... Now my current blog is likewise three years old. Congratulations! Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Willie, he's certainly a professional actor!
    Oh, your blog is 3 years old too? haha high 5!

    ChrisAu, ya, I'll keep blogging ;)

    Keith, thanks and happy blogging to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm almost into my 3rd year(i think) - i delete my previous rantings & focus mainly on movies / MV

    Here's wishing that you have a "therapeutic effect" from blogging & many years more in blogging

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)