Friday, March 11, 2011

Being followed

If you read March's edition of Cleo magazine, there's an article named Survival Cheat Sheet. It teached us what to do in the case of emergencies. There was one which caught my attention right away which is 'Tailed by a Stranger'. This reminds me of the stalker I met 2 years ago which I'd also blogged here.


However, this point focuses on walking home alone while in my case, I was being stalked by a motor cyclist while I was driving. But I guess the 'concept' is almost the same =_=

Here's the tips shared by Cleo on what to do if you're tailed by a stranger:
1. Ascertain if you're being followed or just being paranoid. Cross the road to check but even if they do not follow, exercise caution.

2. Walk briskly like you know where you're going.

3. Try not to look over with the corner of your eyes as this may make you look intimidated. If you must look, turn your entire head around, otherwise use car doors or shop-window reflections.

4. Dart into a shop, public place or well-lit area near a road with cars passing . If it doesnt work, tell the shop's manager or call the police.

If being followed while driving, the safest and quickest way is to drive to the nearest police station.

Will appreciate if you have any other suggestions or tips!
Be safe everybody!

8 comments:

  1. Well... how about get yourself equip an umbrella for defenses?! Thanks for sharing the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley, never see that guy anymore...My hubby always tell me, see anything worng drive to the police station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby always tell me, if find someone is walking behind you, just stop and pretend do something, let him walk pass you. Always make sure no one is walking behind us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a scary situation, especially for a lady who is alone. I'm not so afraid of being tailed, but I'm afraid if the stalker/bad guy suddenly stopped my car and rob/kidnap/rape/kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My suggestion is to be alert whenever you are alone outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do not use shortcuts or walk in lonely places. I was stalked by a man once. That was like 18 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI HayLey,

    That's good tips. But then, thank goodness. I have never been followed or stalked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alice Law, ya, it can be used in rainy and sunny day, and also as a good defender too!

    AngelineBK, yes, thats true!

    Shenny's mommy, ok, thanks for the tips!

    Yvonne, so try not to go out alone, especially at night...

    Yan, true, but sometimes no matter how alert we are, sad things happen still.. =_=

    Mummy Gwen, thanks for the tips!

    Willie, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)