Thursday, May 5, 2011

儿童之家 2010

I came to know about this movie through a friend. It's called 儿童之家(er tong zhi jia). It's a local movie and it's from the production 'Orang Video'. The DvD was out last year and there was a charity preview at Johor then.




image from here


Not many people know about this movie, so do I. But this friend of mine commented that it's funny and yet, very touching.
True enough, the movie made me laugh so hard, and yet sobbing in certain parts. It's basically about life in an orphanage and though the kids live without their parents, they enjoy every moment there, until a stage that it's difficult to say goodbye.

Try to search for the DvD, and hope you'll enjoy the movie like I do. The movie is in Mandarin version and you can click here for more infor!



Personal rating: 3.5/5

12 comments:

  1. yaya.. Its very funny and the xiao pang very famous now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i havent heard of this movie before till now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading your review, I thought of letting my kids watch, but on another hand, I worry that they will like to stay in the orphanage than our own home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, first time heard about this movie..... you got DvD? Can borrow? :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting. I'll ask around for the DVD, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not bad for these local production - increasingly can "fight" Singapore drama or movies esp in term of being funny

    Good to share with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hayley,
    thanks for sharing. will try to look for it. I love ,tear jerkers and comedy kind of movie as well as family dramas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey... this is certainly my type of movie, my cup of tea... love something silly yet tears teasing!^^ Thanks for sharing ya!

    p/s: Just peep through your wedding slide show, you were so beautiful!!! Phee weet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of this before... maybe should go find out :) THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evelyn, yaya, to me, he is the main actor, haha :D

    Claire, me too! But you can try to search for it~

    Yan, haha, I don't think they will think like that la!

    Yvonne, opps, the DvD belongs to my friend, I try to borrow from him ok!

    Robinson, yes agree. Local movies are making progress these days..

    Johnnie, YT, ok and I hope you'll like it.

    Alice, hehe thanks ya! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this type of movie.... must go and search for it. And prepare a box of tissues. haha....i'm a cry baby when watch this type of touching show. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. mNhL, hehe, I hope you'll enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)