Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Combating flu/cold

I caught a flu lately and it's really irritating. Well actually it's not really a serious kinda flu, just that I sneeze alot and thus cause runny nose. I know taking Vitamin C is good but apart from that, there're lots of natural common food which can help combat flu too. Here's what I found from this website.

1. Black/Green Tea
I dint know green tea helps! Now more reason for me to drink green tea! ;)

2. Garlic


Image from here

I love garlic and I can top it with plain rice, seriously. And I think you'll agree that garlic is the best thing to eat with bak kut teh ;) The only bad thing about it is, have to deal with a smelly mouth later :P

3. Oyster
Oyster? Seriously? Well, I don't think it's a common food anyway, and I only eat cheese baked oysters cause I'm afraid of the raw taste.


4. Yogurt





Image taken from here

Yogurt has been my favourite snacks, Imma stock up my fridge with lots of them now!

5. Orange-fleshed vegetables
Pumpkins and sweet potatoes are 2 great sources! Not really a pumpkin lover but now have to try to love it.....

20 comments:

  1. Oyster can combat flu? Hmm, this is new to me :) I eat lot of garlic (really a lot!) and quite a lot of pumpkin, carrot and sweet potatoes but I still get flu every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx for sharing some tips here - I'm "black hawk down" today

    Health is very important

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very prone to flu/cold but mainly cos I have sinus problem too. I like all the food u mentioned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been couching lately too, haiz.. heaty plus the haze~~ :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fifty sen coin Sandoz can help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mm, I love farlic and it is healthy to.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Garlic and put lots of them when I cook, but my son don't seems to like them. Pumpkin can cure flu, that's news to me. I do cook them occasionally. Tea garden serves pumpkin cake. We are all familiar with the yam cake right? I like the pumpkin type better, so now I have more reason to eat them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mei, u take care ya. Never know garlic can combate flu or cold...thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah... I love garlic, but after eating it surely kena ban by my hubb - cannot open my mouth for several hours.

    You take care and have more fluid, ya!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing,,, but i think to combat flu,,it is like basically getting our immune system strong and ready to defend the attack of virus,threfore we must jaga our kesihatan daily ,,,

    take care ya

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm afraid of getting flu too. Once downed, sure felt irritated. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've sensitive nose tat's y easy get flu~~ really irritating! >.<'
    thanks for the sharing!! me too got more reason to drink green tea =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. *nod nod, honey and garlic are great combination 4 flu!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm..never heard of oyster for flu before...hehehhee. hope you are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hayley, take good care, lots and lots of fluid, which include juice and water. Rest more, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loves garlic, didn't know oyster & yogurt can do magic for flu. tQ.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Serious ah??? I eat most of them but I seems to get flu very easily ler!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I don know this foods help! Thnx for the tips!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've tried eating raw garlic before...it was so hard to swallow..yikes.

    When I have a bad flu, I just take Clarinase..can't stand those mucus flowing out like tap water.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm alright! Only that I still sneeze alot =_=
    Everyone please take care!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)