Friday, October 14, 2011

Real Steel 2011

Image source



Starring: Hugh Jackman, Dakota Goyo, Evangeline Lilly

It's a very sci fi movie where robot boxing is so popular and an ex boxer, Charlie (Hugh Jackman) fights his way to become champion using all types of advance robots. Joined by his 11 year old son, Max (Dakota Goyo), they amaze the world by using a discarded robot found in the trash.

I like the idea of robot boxing and it's really excited watching them fight, though I'm not sure how feasible it is in reality. Anyway, I think the director really worked it by featuring Hugh Jackman as the main actor cause he fits the character so well!

Personal rating: 4/5

13 comments:

  1. I lobe Hugh Jackman. Will catch this movie (either on big screen or DVD) soon~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i plan to watch this movie also, how similar is it from Iron Man?? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't have the time to watch this yet! T_T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love sexy Jackman! I think they copy this robot fighting idea from the cartoon Astro Boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be watching this with my son. Was suppose to catch it this week, but the car is in the workshop , so I guess will have to wait for a while, maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *coughing* OOps she did it again

    Yeap if that'll be the futuristic world of boxing & wrestling - why not?? :) - eliminate humans being killed or maimed

    Stay tough Hayley & good weekend to you & hubby

    ReplyDelete
  7. My colleagues say it's good but I m never interested in sci-fi movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really a very nice movie~
    first i though i wont interest with it bcoz of sci fi movie ~ but i quite suprise while i acc my bf go ~ it awesome! i love Max!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The writers are so creative..boxing robots...sounds like a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seen this review in one of the blogs.. good review, so the movie must be nice..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hayley, only thru yours and a few other blogs do I learn whats the latest showing in cinemas. I stopped reading the papers 10 years ago, ha ha.
    But looks a interesting movie.
    Have fun and keep well.'Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. agrh! I love hugh jackman! I wanna watch it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the movie! Majority said it's a nice one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)