Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eat to live

Just a random post about food.

Went to the Sushi King RM2 bonanza yesterday with Yan and Yvonne and this round, I had only 4 plates. There were not many choices so not really in the mood to eat, LOL. Yan had blogged about it HERE.


Friend said it was kinda waste to eat only 4 plates during this promotion haha. My usual record is, 5 plates above, LOL.




Next, to me, the best claypot chicken rice in my hometown.

Sizzling hot claypot chicken rice! With add on salted fish and mushroom! The restaurant is called 'Ba Li' and it's located opposite Popular bookstore Taiping. But be patient if you going there cause the service is pretty slow..... But it's all worth~



Hubby went to a seminar at Ipoh today and all I can think of are the famous 'yim kok kai' (salted chicken) and JJ swiss rolls. But for him to locate the JJ swiss rolls shop might be abit troublesome so I settled with kok kok keh (chicken)... haha :P


Can't wait to eat! RM17 per pack

It's cold already but the taste is still bloody good~



Good stuff always comes in smaller portion.....



After chopped! Looks like ordinary chicken but trust me, they taste heavenly good! Thanks hubs!



I've just taken dinner an hour ago but now, looks like I'm gonna look for supper soon, LOL :P

16 comments:

  1. Ermm as u say eat to live & not lived to eat?? It makes a difference on how a person turns out to be LOL (caveat there)

    sushi king now have new set of meal menu -eg salmon steak set which's my favorite

    Ok Bon apetit whatever your craving is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the claypot chicken rice looks more yummy than the sushi lor.. and the salted chicken, i just love that, especially left it overnight in the fridge and served cold~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally when I eat this, I dont cut up the chicken... my kids and I eat just like that.. hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never go for the Sushi King RM2 Bonanza cos the queue in Penang is ridiculous. I am not a very patient person LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley,
    you sure enjoyed your food.
    I have yet to taste the salted chicken. The last time I went there (a couple of months back) I packed for my family but did not get to taste it. Must try one of these days since everybody is saying how nice it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heard about this rm2 promo. Maybe because it was cheap, that's why they had little choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh would eat the yim kok kai without cutting into pieces and eat it the way of the beggar monk Chi Kung holding the kok kok keh, its fingers licking good haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for always being there for us, whenever we asked you out. We must always keep in touch and go for makan makan together. You have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. droppin by to say Hi while I have the time to do so :)
    the yim kok kai that u mentioned.. was it located near the Funny Mountain Taufu Fah stall??? I remember buying one while in Ipoh last year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love sushi, I love claypot chicken rice. Haven't try out that kopitiam mentioned here. No patient to wait, hehehe!

    Normally would go to hawker center for the infamous claypot chicken rice, but now the tauke has retired :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. during my pregnancy, I finished it all by own!! haha~~ 很大胃口hor?? It's too nice and I even think to have more.. wakaka!!
    kinda miss it so much.. now no more pregnant,think nobody willing purposely go Ipoh and buy for me d.. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously need to visit your place for FOODS!!! Omigosh so awesome the claypot rice :O

    *drooling*

    ReplyDelete
  13. My god! That salted chicken from Ipoh. I missed that so much.

    I did not managed to eat my RM2 sushi. Too many people queuing up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Robinson, it's 'eat to live' for me, not the other way round :P

    SK, oh I prefer it when it's hot!

    Claire, actually that's a good idea but because I need to share with my in laws, so it's better to chop them off hehe.

    YT, Ic!

    Filip, yea high 5!

    Johnnie, yep you have to try it!

    Willie, erm not really. They had quite lots of choices before this.

    Bananaz, yes fingers licking good!

    Yan, no problem! Yes we must always keep in touch~

    thule, not sure is it the one you mentioned, but it's at Jalan Theatre.

    Yvonne, yes they had retired right! Hmm then you must try this one, try going there early to avoid long queue..

    Evelyn, wah on your own, really? You can always drop by Ipoh whenever you go back Tpg ;)

    Daniel, yea come la!

    mNhL, I miss it already~

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG the chicken looks nice and I haven't try it yet!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)