Monday, December 5, 2011

Petaling Street Warriors 2011

Image source


Starring: Mark Lee, Yeo Yann Yann, Namewee

It's about life of a married couple set at Petaling Street background, mee seller (Mark Lee) and his wife (Yeo Yann Yann) and how they struggle through the colonial government and some chinese gangsters. Later he was told that he is the missing Emperor of Ming Dynasty and then gain some real kung fu and manage to protect himself and his loved ones.

To me, the whole storyline is just so so. Some parts of kung fu fighting, and not forgetting some hilarious parts. But I do see alot of new faces featured in this movie.


Anyway, Namewee is making positive progress and that's why I support this movie. LOL.

Personal rating: 3/5

19 comments:

  1. Wowie! Namewee's making a Name Wee-ictoriously for himself very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to see his movie but i saw this picture displayed outside the cineplex too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hayley, do you think it is suitable for kids? My very common question to you after reading your movie preview. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch Namewee's first movie yet. Not sure when I'll get the chance to watch this one. Maybe wait for DVD :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, so is this a nice movie?? i saw a big poster of this movie hanging on the wall of a hotel in Petaling Street the other day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur "ka chiu" jin kin lo..
    so fast watched alrdy ^^
    I support Namewee too, and Mark Lee as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this movie out already? I have not been to the cinema for quite awhile now. time to start my movie going again. maybe will check out the new cinema here at kulai, which is near than the one I usually frequent which is 1 hour drive .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yan, actually the movie is rated PG13 but I dont know why they allow kids to go in.. =_=

    There're some parts about 'intimate relationship', hehehe :P

    Johnnie, yes showing already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huh you watched the movie coz of namewee?? :) - unfortunately it's not on my "wish list" :) Kinda like Stephen chow kung fu hustle?? (impression to me)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Singaporean type of humor actually but somehow this movie doesn't attract me much. Not sure is worth watching in cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think he has more n more movies coming in, hope it is nice :)

    -FiSh
    ohFISHiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for our local talents...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Robinson, haha not really la..

    YT, hmm, after watching it, I felt that it's just so so only..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait a minute...PEtaling Street? Is this a local movie?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Namewee guy is getting famous eh.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)