Monday, March 12, 2012

Day trip to Sitiawan

Most Perakian would have heard about the Tua Pek Kong temple (大伯公庙) situated at Pasir Panjang, Sitiawan. It has been quite a famous spot recently.

To see how attractive it is, friends and I paid a visit there yesterday.

Weather was nice along the way but......


Hubby's car tyre punctured just at the 'right' time... but thanks to their quick hands, we continued the journey after about 10 minutes


After about 80 minutes of driving, we finally reached Sitiawan, a region in Manjung, Perak. First destination was a biscuit shop selling the famous Gong Pian (光饼), called Sin Lay (located at Kampung Koh).

The location is available on GPS too. The staffs were baking on new batches of the biscuits when we arrived

The famous Gong Pian selling at RM 1.50 per piece, inside are the yummy char siew filling



It took us about 5 minutes from this biscuit shop to the temple.....

The entrance, parking space is ample


I thought the toilet wall is interesting, LOL. The outside looks new and clean right? But the inside......... =_=, flies everywhere and no water at all! Ok I better not elaborate further.....



The temple is big, with a section of children's playground, and a hall selling all types of food. There's also a row of shops selling local products and drinks


Big statues of Tua Pek Kong and Guan Yin


Hubby and I. It was a hot hot afternoon~


Took photo with our zodiac, boar and rat


This is for my Dragon baby :)



Weather was extremely hot, time for a bowl of frozen black tau fu fa.....


Yummy~ (RM 2.50 per bowl)


Hubby bought all these from the shop to tempt me, dashyat~




It was very hot and crowded we din't wish to stay there long. So we left the temple and stopped by Segari Turtle Center while on the way back to Taiping.

Big and small turtles in the pools... the small ones are so cute!



I will blog about the seafood we had in the coming post.

16 comments:

  1. wow, i really didn't know this hidden gem in Sitiawan!! and the biscuit looks so yummy leh, i want to try that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see from the pics .... it was very very hot @.@

    Been to Sitiawan once, but didn't come across this temple :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard a lot about this place. Don't dare to go due to the big empty space under the hot sun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in Sitiawan. Left that place after college and have never been back there. I missed Gong Pian a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 啊!!黑糖豆腐花,我很喜欢呀!!!!
    *你的肚子大了,很可爱美丽的准妈咪^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG you are making me crave for the Gong Piang now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. House Bird Nest crossed my mind when I heard "Setiawan". Never know there are so many place and nice food to hunt there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, luckily you no need to wait so long to mend the puncture tyre. Long time I didnt taste Gong Pian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, luckily you no need to wait so long to mend the puncture tyre. Long time I didnt taste Gong Pian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's in my going list for this year ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. The temple next to sea and the view is nice. There got durian Heong Bian biskut which is pretty nice. Did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coincidentally, my mom and relatives went to this temple last week. I heard it is famous for making ppl strike lottery...hahahahaha. You are looking good, York Mei :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jobless Girl, saw alot selling there but I'm not a durian fan, so din't buy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you look decent with your baby bump, cute and fit ^___^V

    ReplyDelete
  15. What i don't understood is in fact how you're no longer actually much more
    neatly-appreciated than you may be now. You're very intelligent. You realize therefore considerably with regards to this subject, made me in my view believe it from a lot of varied angles. Its like men and women are not interested until it is one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your individual stuffs nice. At all times take care of it up!

    Here is my page - Vydox Male Enhancement

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular article!

    It's the little changes that make the most significant changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    Feel free to surf to my blog :: pharmacy technician course

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)