Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pudding cake

After much and much procrastination, I finally pick up my baking mojo and baked a pudding cake. Got the recipe through a cook book.


Ingredients:
-6 egg white
-6 egg yolks
-1 tbsp vanilla extract
-200g icing sugar (sifted)
-320g unsalted butter (room temperature, soften and beaten)
-100g plain flour (sifted)
-1/2 tbsp baking powder

1. Whisk egg whites and vanilla extract.
2. Gradually add icing sugar.
3. Add in egg yolks, one at a time.
4. Add in butter.
5. Sift flour and baking powder, fold in the mixture into mixture 4.
6. Pour into cake tin and put into the oven and bake for about 40 mins at 200 degree celcius.

The top is abit burnt so I actually scratch it off. The pudding cake this time doesn't look so tempting but trust me, it smells delicious and the texture is very 'Q'.

I'm glad that my baking skill doesn't 'regress' even after so long... I already have few things in mind to bake, hopefully the mojo is here to stay ;)

20 comments:

  1. wah, looks like it's the baking heat recently?? the "Taiping Three Flowers" are all blogging about baking now, haha~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. 你真的是勤力孕妇!!!我要吃,嘻嘻=p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good attempt.. better than me anytime! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine the lingering aroma of freshly baked pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 一开始我还以为你说的是那种软软的布丁~
    原来还是蛋糕的样子~~~
    看起来不错啊~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ar...you didn't show your final product?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait... you don't tell me the yellow one is your final product.

    I thought it was butter!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. SK, LOL... Taiping 3 flowers.... :D

    珊姑娘,哈哈没有啦,反正闲着。。以前的我更勤力啊!:)

    Yvonne, the final product is in the last picture~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hayley, you have got biten by the bug already . The baking bug, I mean. Keep up the mojo. It is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha true wor Hayley you really hardworking eventhough tummy already so big kekeke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved pudding, Alas no chance to taste your masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Try Hayley. Anyway when u have baby in your arms later on I'm sure you still have time to bake right?...ganbatte!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky, haha, I think I won't have much chances to bake already when my little one is here next month.....

    アンゼエリン, I'm not sure. But definetely no time during the first few months...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i don't have an oven. sad sad.... but afraid to invest in one cos scared I won't use it when I have it. hahaah..... the baking is fun ya.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mNhL, well actually steaming cake is fun too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i believe u that it is very delicious and texture is very "q"
    what is very q?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mmmm.....yummy. gosh, everyone is baking these days. i feel so inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple Person, did you watch Taiwanese shows? They love to describe food this way.. hehe.

    Barb, haha hope to read about baking in your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha ha, baking fever hit Taiping liao....lol

    Looks delicious...I love all kind of cakes....

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)