Monday, June 18, 2012

Aden's arrival aka the birth story

Note: Long post ahead, don't say I din't warn you! :P

It has been 6 weeks since Aden was born. But the labor thingy is still vividly stored in my mind (Well of course, only we women know how unforgettable it is).

My EDD was supposed to be around 22nd May onwards so everyone were pretty surprise when they knew I delivered (including myself of course, haha). Fortunately I had packed all things ready weeks ago.

7th May, 3am, I woke up feeling wet down there. I knew it wasn't urine leakage cause the flow was heavy. I got up steadily, went to the bathroom, checked and yea I think my water bag just broke :o Called to the hospital and asked if I needed to be admitted right away and the nurse on duty told me YES. Hubby was awaken by all the noise and he was shocked when I told him my water bag broken.
So we left home to the hospital. I felt uneasy cause water kept dripping down =_=

Upon reaching the entrance, the nurse wheeled me to the maternity ward and hubby waited outside. I was told to change to their robe and I was hooked on to the ECG machine to monitor baby's heartbeat and contraction, for about 20 mins. Hubby was outside doing the admission procedure and then was told to go home and come in the morning. I on the other hand was told to sleep =_= You tell me la how to sleep at this point of time? Feeling scared, nervous yet happy thinking that my baby will be here any minute. Anyway my bed was in the middle of 2 other ladies who were going to deliver too.
I din't feel any strong pain yet, just cramping which comes and go like what I used to have during menses. Still tolerable.

At about 8am, I started to feel stronger contractions but still tolerable. I practised the breathing method and it helps. I called my parents and they reached 20 mins later. MIL came too and brought me some breads, I only nibbled abit and had a cup of warm milo.

9am, I was given anema to pass motion. Contractions getting stronger and they came every 10-12 mins. Doctor came after that and did an examination, I was dilated 3cm. He asked if it's ok for him to 'help' me dilate faster with his hands... (>.<) I couldn't bother to answer him cause I was very focus on the pain... I was then being transferred to the labor room. Here contractions getting stronger and more frequent. It hurts so much. The breathing method din't work anymore. The labor room is big and making me feeling even scared. Mum, dad and MIL were allow to come in since I wasn't in actual labor yet. Mum was there helding my hands tight, they talked to me but I was just too tired to answer.

At 11am I asked the nurse for pain relief injection cause I couldn't bear the pain already. I was given pethidine on the thigh at around 11.45am, I did feel slightly dizzy after 30 mins but couldn't sleep still cause the pain was so so unbearable. Midwife came and checked and said I was 5cm dilated. To me, one minute is like one hour in the labor room... =_=

12.30pm, doctor came and had me checked again, 8cm. Contractions getting stronger and more painful and they came every 2-3 mins. Whenever contractions came, I grabbed the edge of bed tight. I was told not to PUSH yet cause I wasn't completely dilated, only God knows how 'suffering' that feeling was.

2pm, I was fully dilated. Midwife told me to push whenever contractions came. So I did. The nurse beside me told me not to scream out loud and saved my energy to push instead. So what I did next was just to take a long and deep breathe, hold, and push! And it repeats.....
After a while, she told me she could see Aden's hair already and asked me to push further. Minutes later, Aden's head is already out and midwife helped me to pull him out. Then I felt something warm coming out and it was my baby! I felt so relief! Nurse brought him to clean and doctor came to remove placenta and stitched me up. I watched Aden being cleaned up but he din't really cry.. I was worried but the midwife told me he is fine. Midwife then brought him to me, he was still purplish and his face was covered with blood and vernix. I called his name, and he looked at me... awwww, my baby is finally here!! ;)

My brother came into the labor room shortly after and managed to snap a few photos of him, fresh from oven :P

My baby Aden, weighing 2.93kg. Born 3.15pm. Mummy loves you forever!

I was ready to transfer to first class ward...

I was very tired yet I couldn't sleep. Guess I was too happy! My family and in laws were in the room to share the happiness! Their first grandson ;) Hmm everyone is expecting you Aden!

With mummy and my brother

Friends and relatives came to visit me too. I knew I looked pale and exhausted, but I am thankful that both baby and I are fine ;) And I am glad and proud that I delivered vaginally, ehem... :P

After receiving all the wishes from friends through sms-es and FB posts, I was even happier receiving this sms from hubs.....

Haha, hubby rarely use sms. That's why I was kinda happy receiving the above sms from him :D


So, friends asked me how was the whole labor experience and is it really painful?? Well I would be lying if I said no.. Those kinda painful contractions feeling, only mummies who went through it would understand.
I have yet to find the most accurate word to describe the so called pain, I only can say, guys, please love and appreciate your mother and wife with all your heart ;)

A little thought to myself, we always say a mother's love is the greatest love of all. But we'll never know the true meaning of 'greatest' until we experience it ourselves. After being a mummy, I have learnt to love myself more, and needless to say I love my mum even more <3
Salute to all mummies out there!

So there goes my long birth story. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed ;)

42 comments:

  1. hmm, agreed with u, we can;t put a words on the pain .... we know it clearly O.o thanks for sharing ur labour story ... interesting , i like reading mummy labour story ... it show how " wei ta" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birth story, Hayley. You did it, so proud of you. You will be a wonderful mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, I think mums are AWESOME. I know it's not an easy process, salute! seriously :D

    But ah well, all worth it for the little one eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! it's painful. glad it was over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya after been through all the labour pain I 100% agreed that mom is the greatest in this world!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No man can ever know the pain all mothers went through during child labour.

    Or we can simply say, our birthdays are the days our mothers endured suffering. Please LOVE her. Give mother a hug and kiss for bringing us to the world on this special day (and not demanding for present, haha!).

    Your birth story made me recall mine ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on the arrival of baby Aden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your birth story. Bravo and good job to you! I couldn't stand the pain and begged for the epidural :p I thought your hubby would be with you in the labour room?

    ReplyDelete
  9. hayley,先来hug hug!!!
    我读着你这一篇,画面出现回在自己产房的情景,说真的,真的自然生产过的妈咪才懂那在产房一分钟就等于我们的一小时那痛苦那辛苦!

    那生产经历真的很难忘,我过后还一直在怕,差点就有产后忧郁症了!

    给你一个赞!!你是很棒很赞的妈咪!伟大!!!

    我也是在Push baby的时候被nurse叫不可以喊,不要用掉那些力气,哈哈。
    阵痛真的很恐怖!!!!不是普通人可以了解的!

    当护士把baby抱到我们的胸前给我们看时真的很感动hor,我那一刻哭了!

    值得的!!!我们都要加油哦^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow is really a long post..
    I am sure when Aden grow up ..
    he will know his birth history ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post! Congrats to u again, hayley and take good care of both baby and yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mummies are the bravest people in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mei, I'm proud of you. Day by day, you gonna be a great full time mum! Let you settled down and we'll discuss some other time for yum char k... Or else I can always come to visit you if you are comfortable...Take Care mummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing birth story Congrats!

    I cannot wait to write mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ouuch!! So touching & lovely post~~ Finally you did it... thumb up for you!! Kampateh.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahaha... Shorter than expected I must say! Hehehehehe....
    But yea reading your blog always makes me feel so warm about you and your baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hayley, first of all, I would like to congratulate you for having your Aden in your hand now. Secondly, you have well written your birth story, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww He is worth the pain!.. and i admire you for being strong during that time Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is something I've never experienced. I had scheduled C so ... anyway, congrats on the arrival of Aden. And enjoy being a mummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a touching story and tears nearly came rolling down my cheek .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is worth the pain, ya? The baby is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i can feel the pain from how you describe it >< planning to get the second child?

    Latest: Thai Chakri Palace

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks all for the wishes! Yea it's worth the pain la, my own child ;)

    珊姑娘, 来来来,互相拥抱一下!你也是个伟大的妈咪!
    对啊,第一眼看到宝宝,就爱上他了!^_*

    Fish, I've just delivered a month ago, come on! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. COngrats...

    I can fully understand the pain of labour.....it can't be describe in words.

    ReplyDelete
  25. 连续几天听朋友分享自然生经验,觉得你们都很伟大喔!

    ReplyDelete
  26. janelle, 你是开刀的吗?
    其实所有妈妈都是伟大的啊!

    ReplyDelete
  27. glad that everything was fine!! *swt*

    take care alright? :P

    long way more to go

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hayley,

    Nice birth story. Thanks for sharing. this is one post Aden will appreciate when he is older. So how is Mother coping with Baby Aden? Breast feed still?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Johnnie, we are both fine! Yes still giving him breast milk...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I missed out this post and yes it's so long haha but enjoy reading your birth story ^^

    Take good care now you all =)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can feel ur touch...dear♥
    Congrat...ur baby is so cute...like mummy~

    ReplyDelete
  32. altho my kids are 6 and 4 now, i can stil remember the moment during labour. hard to find a word to describe it. Congrats Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks all~
    Hwi Yee, finally you came! Haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. T_T so touching. makes me appreciate my mom even more. looking fwd to see more photos of baby aden~

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hayley, mine was the same case with yours. My water bag broke too. I was warded and asked to sleep and rest in the ward.....I was nervous and can't sleep. haha.....

    Congratulations to you again. Aden is a handsome boy !

    ReplyDelete
  36. ms bulat, yea we should love our mummies ;)

    mNhL, hehe thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. of course you have a lot to say since you've been missing so long, haha!! yeah, life definitely changes after you become a mother, and there's a long road you gonna go and learn hand in hand with Aden.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. SK, correct! Long way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very details post of your birth story, enjoy reading it. And Aden is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)