Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vanus & Kent wedding reception

Hallo hallo!!
Thanks for the wishes and thank you for still not give up on me, haha!

Time is really not enough these few days, especially after I came back from my vacation. Plus, I was sick for the passed few days (am getting better) and to make thing worst, my son is down with cough and runny nose! Poor boy!

Anyway, I have so much to blog but I'll blog bout this wedding reception first before it become way too overdue, LOL!

 This is yours truly with Vanus on her bachelorette night


The next day morning, I left Aden to my mum and went to Vanus's house to become her ji mui.
 She is so slim!!

She is hubby's former school mate, and I knew her thru our yoga lesson ;) It's a small world!

I look extra big size standing next to her T.T

These were her ji mui

Sweet sweet

 Well the fun part of being a ji mui for a bride is we get to torture the heng dai(bridegroom's friends) in the games part, haha!

 A group photo with the lovely couple

These were the bridegroom's very supportive friends!

On 27th Oct, hubby and I went South to Ipoh to attend their wedding dinner. Most of her relatives are at Ipoh hence there's no dinner held at Taiping.


With the pretty bride again

Very nice and romantic backdrop. This is held at Royal Golf Club Ipoh.

The bridegroom Kent made a special introductory before the dinner started and we all clapped for him! He did a short 'drama' on the stage by telling us how he first met Vanus and how they got started, then he walked to the entrance, kneeled down and present his wife flower. How sweet!

Sure melt his wife's heart!

Lastly, another photo with Vanus in her second night gown

Well, I thought this would be the last wedding invitation for me this year but... 4 more to go til next month =_=
Hubby's wallet get to shrink again, haha!!

37 comments:

  1. I certainly enjoy being part of the chi muis...But starngely since I am now married, I have been part of the heng tais instead. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. missyblurkit, haha I know! I am like that too~

      Delete
  2. Wah!!!! So romantic!!! I'm very traditional - will not have those hengtai and chimui stuff should my girl ever decide to get married one fine day. Not Foochow tradition, not Melanau (I'm both)...and we usually made it very simple, yet meaningful...and a lot more romantic than all that commotion - a solemn church wedding and a grand reception, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STP, I see! Actually sometimes being simple is good too! Save all the energy and hassle~

      Delete
  3. Oops...forgot! Congrats to the happy couple. The giving of the flower part - that's the romantic part I was referring to. I like the bride's outfit in that last pic... Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! you look so pretty and it's so romantic wedding... Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ji mui means bridesmaid right? (i assume from ur post)... And love ur white ji mui dress! simple and yet elegant. Brides always look beautiful, always. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee Girl, erm not really the bridesmaid, cause there's only one bridesmaid.. Hehe..
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I have lots of weddings to attend too, esp towards the end of the year. Attended a few this month, and a few more to go before the year ends. Really a merry(marry) year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YT, yea~! Its a merry year! But our wallets getting thinner! LOL!

      Delete
  7. yalah, before everything gets overdue you have to squeeze time to blog about lah.. and don't forget about your US trip also, sure lots of things to write right?? :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, that gives you one lesson lah.. never stand next to somebody slimmer than you.. if no choice, at least stand behind and let them cover you a little bit.. hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, such a special arrangement for the wedding dinner huh?? i think nowadays people are trying to be different and make things more unique for memory to remember..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, yes I have so much to blog!

      Hmmm.. next time what you plan to do during your wedding? Dance Oppa Gangnam Style? :P

      Delete
  10. 你有好多婚宴to go!!!!! @_@
    我发现我朋友少有时也不错,哈哈哈!!!!!我没有婚宴去的。哈哈,有邀请啦,但是很多都在比较远,我的时间不方便出席。

    Honestly!!你看起来很苗条很美了!!!我相信你只要减掉你的肚腩送肉(看不到pun@@但是你说有我就相信你)就是hot mummy了!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊姑娘,就是!
      哈哈是啊,也好,省钱!:)

      没有啦,还差2-3kg kok!只是拍照角度遮住罢了。。

      Delete
  11. I guess your friends are of time to get married, that's why you got so many wedding invitations. Great time to get together with friends but pockets hurts, hahahaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agnes, correct.. Most of us are getting 30... So I guess it's time!

      Delete
  12. 4 more to go? Faint! Hahaha! It's a good year for getting marry and giving birth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! Such an auspicious year!

      Delete
  13. Awww wonderful wedding...you all look so wonderful.
    I have something for you on my page
    check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty bride and you look great in the picture. Still got times to slim down, dont worry too much.

    Hahah! How I scare of end of the year bcos so many weddings to attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats to your friend. you are gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Hayley,

    I read about your confinement food and I like to thank you for sharing. I m now looking for a confinement lady and i left a message for you there. Probably you do not see my msg so i hope u dont mind i leave my msg here. Can i hv your confinement lady contact number? Im looking for one in Taiping too. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

    My emal is holidaytypist@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. ang pao need to gib many many eh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. White...my wife favorite color. Similar to your friend, my wife want all the heng dai and ji mui to dressed in white for our wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats to the newly married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the bride really so slim, envy nya!!!
    4 to go?!!! wahhhhhh....bankrupt @@

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. min~aris, haha ya, pocket got big holes already!

      Delete
  21. Hi Akeies, I have sent you the mail last week. Hope you received it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you ALL for the comments and wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Venus is really a very pretty pride.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Appreciation to my father who stated to me about this web site, this weblog is actually remarkable.
    Also visit my page ... smartsass.info

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came
    to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to enhance
    my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!
    !
    Also visit my web blog labels

    ReplyDelete
  26. It seems that they read one judgment of conviction more or less me, or listen to the labels do eat a great deal more healthfully than hoi polloi who don't.

    Also visit my web site :: directory
    Also see my web page: click here for more

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)