Monday, December 17, 2012

2012 Winter Trip: The oldest woman in the world & hotels we stayed

Ok, the 2 things above might not be very related. But I do not want to separate my travelogue into too many posts and lengthy so I think I better combine them ;)
 
Anyway, a trip to New York is not perfect until you have meet the oldest woman in the world here. I am talking bout the Statue of Liberty.
Unfortunately, we din't get to see the statue upclose cause it's under repair due to the Sandy's hurricane.
We went on a cruise trip instead and admire the lady from far (Better than nothing la!).
 
Me by the jetty, waiting in line. The cruise can take up to hundreds of people per trip

USD35 per ticket

 
 
We saw the Brooklyn bridge which connects the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn


That's the Manhattan bridge behind us, it connects lower Manhattan with Brooklyn

We also passed by alot of skycrapers of NYC


This is the World Trade Center, still under construction ever since the 911 tragedy, but it's progressing fast and expected to be open soon

This man introduced all the famous buildings we passed by
 
And after about 15 mins of the cruise ride, we started to see the statue from far............

Tada!! She is just too charming!! (自由女神,你太...太...太...有魅力了啦! ^_*)

When the cruise gets closer to the statue, everyone rushed to the corner and snapped non stop. So you'll see strangers in my photo with the statue :P

Hubs and I with the statue

=P

Camwhoring on the cruise
 
The cruise trip lasted for about 30 minutes. Of course, the main attraction is to see the statue ;) Nothing very special already.
 
Ok moving on, I'd like to share on the hotels we stayed throughout the whole trip. Whenever I go oversea, I'll surely snap photos of the hotel room including the bathroom, haha! And speaking of hotel room, I always knock on the door before entering it.
It's a manner, just in case 'someone else' is in the room. Then I'll say 'excuse me paiseh 不好意思' right after opening the door.
Do you have the same practice? ^^ 
 
Ok back to the topic, the first hotel I checked in is Sheraton on the Falls at Toronto. Remember I mentioned that we can see the magnificent Niagara Falls through the windows?

Deluxe rooms with 2 queen sized bed plus fallsview, price from CAD170 per night

Movies are available but not free (We dint have time for movies also....)

Fireplace by the windows
 
Beverages from Starbucks! Oh ya, Starbucks are EVERYWHERE at Canada and US and all of them are always FULL

 
Second hotel is the Sheraton Center at downtown Toronto.

Also 2 queen sized bed. I love this arrangement the most cause I don't have to share bed with hubs, haha! Well, some of you might love to sleep together and hug tight tight with your partner but I don't mind to sleep alone and conquer the whole bed myself, more comfy this way =P


Price from about CAD170. City view
 
 
Next, Washington is the first destination after arriving in the US. We stayed at Hilton. 


Ok, no choice already, have to share bed with hubs =P

Room from USD160

One thing I like about Hilton hotels is they have this make up mirror in the bathroom. I remember there was this mirror too when I stayed at Hilton London 2 years ago
 
 
At NYC, we too stayed at Hilton, this time is at Times Square. Very very strategic hotel <3


But the room is mediocre, nothing very special. It's the location which makes it so interesing. Price from USD180 


Love the big mirror! Can camwhore anytime, ngek ngek~
 
Wifi is available at all these hotels but only free at the lobby ): (Last name and room number are required upon login). You have to pay if you want to surf net in the room (About USD15 per day).
 
You know the first thing I did everyday before leaving the hotel and before going to bed is to video-call my SIL and see my naughty Aden ;) Of course he doesn't know what's going on but I am happy enough just to see his face ^^ 
 
Related travelogue:
Part I: Niagara Falls
Part II: Helicoper ride
Part V: Washington part II
Part VI: Wall Street & Times Sq NYC

Coming up, the long awaited shopping post!! ;)

69 comments:

  1. Statue of Liberty!

    Don think I have a chance to see it anytime soon, but I might take a look at the "fake" one in Japan LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also good enough wert, better than nothing ma!

      Delete
  2. Lovely! The only Liberty I've seen is in Genting >_<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only seen the duplicate ones at HK Disneyland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay.. I remember I walk on Brooklyn bridge..
    it really bring back my memory..

    ReplyDelete
  5. the statue of liberty is the oldest woman in the world meh?? who said so?? if like that, i can also say mona lisa.. hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aiyah, too bad lah, cannot go any closer to see this woman.. but okay lah, at least better than nothing.. else cannot say your NYC trip is complete without her..

      Delete
    2. yalah, starbucks there is just like old town here.. everywhere and even more than 7-eleven, haha!! and to them starbucks coffee are just cheapo things, unlike here, so damn expensive..

      Delete
    3. the hotels that you stayed are all good lah.. nice and cosy, and looks like got class one woh.. somemore all so strategically located within walking distances to the attractions..

      Delete
    4. i've never even heard of this Best Experience travel agency lah.. next time must consider if i ever go on a package tour..

      Delete
    5. SK, its the tour guide who told me one... ;)

      Correct! Starbucks there is like 7-11 here, very common! But their service is 100 times better than here.

      Yep, all very high class rated hotel ;)

      Oh Best Experience office is located at Jln Raja Chulan.

      Delete
  6. Dear Mei, It is a very nice trip for you and EK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, here just to inform you that the lunch might be change to 24th again. sorry and very phai seh...will confirm with you later on.

      Delete
    2. Dun forget to post your shopping loots here ya...promise!

      Delete
    3. Anzerin, yep as promised =)

      Ok, update me again!

      Delete
  7. Very nice and relaxing cruise. The hotel rooms are spacious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool man so enjoy you trip... my heart also get what you want to present... good support~

    ReplyDelete
  9. 自由女神!管它那里看她,只要可以亲眼看到她我都觉得好幸福了!!!呵呵。
    你们住的酒店真好呢!!!跟团的好处就是这个,住得都很不错!这些酒店都超贵的!我有个朋友在计划明年去买过游玩,自由行,那里的酒店rate好高!!!!@_@
    Hilton酒店除了豪华又美,还很贴心!
    然后omg!!!到处都可以看到Starbucks!!!我的最爱呢!!!

    *yea~~~~期待已久的shopping post!!我等^O^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊,是咯,团都尽量安排最好的给我们,我们就省些麻烦 ;)
      对咯,当我知道那里到处都是Starbucks 就立刻想起你 :P

      Delete
  10. ahh....nice hotels. i love hotels with huge beds :) i remember my visit to see Lady Liberty. It is magnificent and really something that I will remember always because we have seen this statue in the movies or tv so many times and when we see it with our own eyes, it's just awesome. Of course my cousins who live in NYC or Staten Island don't think it's such a big deal...hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, correct, only tourists like us find it awesome, hehe.
      Just like our KL tower, it's a nice building in the eyes of foreigners, but not for many of us =P

      Delete
  11. So that's the famous Manhattan and Broken oops Brooklyn Bridge. Like your nails design nice. The Statue of Liberty was too small but no other choice coz of the distance of the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta go for an English translation for (自由女神,你太...太...太...有魅力了啦! ^_*) with my MDBG Dictionary. Oh gotcha now haha, yeah she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, at least I have seen the real Liberty Lady ;)

      Wow sharp eyes eh, I love that nail design too!

      Delete
  13. I thought you would sleep on the same bed. I was about to ask you and you mentioned already, you two slept on the given queen size beds. lol! I am the same, I love bigger space to sleep . But, my husband will try to swift the two beds to join them together into one big bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, ya joining the 2 beds is a good idea too!

      Delete
  14. I like the picture that you raised up your right hand like the statue of the liberty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, great photos!
    I was staying in Brooklyn with my host family for year (under an exchange programme in 2002)... Missing NYC so much when I browsed through your travelogue!
    Looking forward your more updates, pls. :>

    ~ Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelle, thanks for dropping by!
      Yea, I miss NYC too~

      Delete
  16. I can imagine your excitement when the cruise boat was approaching the statue. Hope I get to visit NYC one day. What a nice trip you had... got to stay in so many nice hotels. Yes, we usually knock or press the doorbell before entering the room too hehe and same like you, I love to take photos of the bed and bathroom before we mess it up :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ChloeRuoyi, thank you! You are the ONLY ONE who answered to my question about knocking the hotel door =)

      Yea, must take photos right after go in, otherwise it'd a mess xD

      Delete
  17. very nice pictures.....can't wait to read your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Manhattan looks amazing. glad u had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 不错啊!!房内还提供星巴克咖啡,冬天喝咖啡肯定更别有一番滋味。
    我对酒店住宿其中一项要求也是镜子,全身镜和化妆镜的提供会额外令我加分。
    自由女神是纽约的代表,希望有一天我也亲身踏入这座梦寐的城市。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对咯,那里的星巴克实在是很普遍啦!

      可以的,快快暗示你的abang! :P

      Delete
  20. Hi Hayley, glad to read you've been to the Big Apple. I have always loved New York, been there few times.....so much to see and enjoy, especially their American style breakfast!
    Love the pics you have here. Very nice.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, I love NYC too! Really a very happening place!

      Thanks for dropping by~

      Delete
  21. 哇,住得好好哦~
    我出去玩最注重就是酒店了,虽然很多人只觉得酒店只是睡觉,但是我觉得累了一整天,回到舒服的酒店真的有加分!好好睡一觉,才有体力继续旅程!
    可以亲身看到自由女神感觉一定很棒!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对,我也很注重酒店的整洁和设备。。

      嗯,只能说自由女神实在太有魅力了!^^

      Delete
  22. Yay!!!!...Liberty and cam whoring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I agree with you on the 2 queen size beds! Nice to have all the space to ourselves....some days onlylah:P

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too bad the Lady is not available to meet you guys during your trip~~ Otherwise you can "hug" her already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind la, plan another trip to NYC again in future, bring Aden along to meet this oldest woman in the world :)

      Delete
  25. The hotel rooms that you stayed throughout your trip were spacious and comfy~ Western put comfort and pleasure as their priority, unlike the hotel rooms in some Asia countries (including ours) are so-so and some under maintained :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, right. They are very neat and clean too!

      Delete
  26. Wah, all the hotel rooms looks so spacious! Really envy you! Looking at the photos makes me wanna travel too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a wonderful page to behold after today.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing your trip. I love it. Going to benchmark for my future (hope can make it) US trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, yea hopefully your wish come true!!

      Delete
  29. I am sure this post has touched all the internet people, its really really good piece
    of writing on building up new web site.

    Also visit my webpage jackpot 6000 gratis

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent site you have here but I was wondering if you knew of any community forums
    that cover the same topics discussed here? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

    Here is my homepage jackpot 6000 - youtube.com -

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for another informative web site. Where else could I am getting that
    kind of information written in such an ideal manner?
    I've a project that I'm just now working on, and I've been on the glance out for such information.

    Here is my web blog :: reverse phone number search

    ReplyDelete
  32. Having read this I believed it was very informative. I appreciate you spending some
    time and effort to put this content together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of
    time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worth it!


    Also visit my blog post - Jackpot 6000 free (http://swad.ugr.es/wiki/index.php/Index.php)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)