Thursday, December 6, 2012

2012 Winter Trip: The rest of Toronto

Resuming my travelogue ;)
 
I am going to sum up everything of Toronto here so this is a post full with photos!
 
There's a colorful street full with lights just beside Sheraton on the Falls hotel. On the first night after checked in, hubby and I took the chance to walk around.
We thought it was going to be a short walk so both of us left the room with slippers *keh gao gao* (In Hokkien it means 'act clever').
Once we walked out of the hotel lobby, we felt something was not right (It was freakingly cold!). But we din't bothered and continue the walk....
After 5 mins we decided to head back to the room to change into sport shoes and brought along gloves, haha! I think it was just 1-2'c that night!
 
Anyway, there were not many people around those streets that night, but some stores were still open.
 



The ferris wheel is so beautiful!


;P


This is such a nice themepark! 

This taken on the second morning, just opposite the hotel. Love this small park, the trees and leaves are so beautiful.

We had Western lunch at Skylon Tower on the second day. We dine at one of the world famous revolving restaurant.

Hubby and I, we were at 775 feet above the ground!

Appetizer, tomato cucumber salad

Chicken Caesar

Grilled steak

Dessert, vanilla ice cream. To be honest, the food is just mediocre. But I enjoyed the 360° view of the city from the windows.

We stopped by an ice wine factory for free wine tasting, here's me with the fine quality grapes. We also visited one of the Canadian ginseng shop.

We too dropped by the Provincial Parliment Building

There's a nice park in front of it

The sun is shining but weather is still cold

 
 

We went inside the building and signed a book for Queen Elizabeth, haha!

^^

We visited the University of Toronto, said to be the best Uni in Canada

Chinatown, Toronto

Photo stop at Casa Loma Castle

I love houses like this! No fence and can plant alot of greens in the front ;)

We shopped a while at Eaton Center. Christmas is approaching and there're lots of cute window display there


One last photo to share....
I notice most of the bathroom doors in Canada (including the airports and even in the US) have gaps like this whereby if you see carefully, you can actually see the people inside =_=
Actually I am ok with it la, just abit curious why is it designed this way :P
 
 
Ok, this will be the end of my travelogue in Canada. I hope you enjoy reading them! Please refer to the links below for my previous posts:

Part 1: Niagara Falls
Part 2: Helicopter ride

p/s: Washington, New York and shopping posts coming up soon!! ;)

48 comments:

  1. Canada is so lovely. I have a friend in Canada and I might visit her one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I've never been to that side of the world. It does looks good.

    Anyway, hahaha, why u wear slippers out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YT, haha cause we wanna let our toes breath after a day of covering them! :P

      Haha no la actually we thought the walk is going to be short so just slipped into slippers...

      Delete
  3. awesome. i miss Eaton center :) actually i miss all the malls and the quaint little shops in downtown Toronto :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, yea. But Eaton center is not my cuppa of tea.. Din't set my eyes on anything there, hehe..

      Delete
  4. firstly, i want to complain how come some photos got no description?? haha, but i found that you have more things to say about the food and not the scenery lor.. hmmm, what does that implies?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, hana hana, that means I prefer food more than scenery lo!! :P

      Delete
  5. i like that rumah terbalik at photo #7 what is that actually??

    and photo #21 so cute lah, just your two heads sprung out from the bushes, hahaha!! eih, halloween was already over long time ago wokay?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, paiseh I am not quite sure what is that :P

      Haha, I posed like that not for Halloween ok? It's because I think it's cute ma!

      Delete
  6. yeah, i also like those houses without fence, feels more cosy right?? but you went there during winter hor?? so have you got the chance to see any maple leaves, i mean those that are red and fallen everywhere on the ground??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the house looks nicer also without fence...
      Erm yea I saw maple leaves at certain places, I think I have posted some photos which show those maple leaves...

      Delete
  7. little slit between the doors and the wall?? hmmm, maybe this is for safety reasons?? so that if anything happened or somebody fainted inside the cubicle, at least people would know?? and that it's easier to take off the door??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well may be.. But I am curious to know the actual reason behind it, hehe....

      Delete
  8. 可以从照片感觉到天气冷飕飕,当时大概几度左右呢?

    原来你是跟团出游?我一直以为你是自助游美国耶!!:p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugein, 加拿大那里最高大概2-3度而已!Brrr....

      嗯,是我家公的生意sales trip,让我们去,算是跟团吧!;)

      Delete
  9. 好美哦!!!爽~~~~

    那个Theme park好有趣叻!!!!喜欢!!给我到那里可以拍很多搞怪照片了,哈哈。

    在离地面775feets高的餐厅用餐,好浪漫哦!!

    我又来了,你“^^”的那张真的很ang mo gal的feel啦!美!!

    我也很喜欢美国的房子,这样直接没有篱笆的,其实真的很不错,感觉很宽大,哈哈,就用花草树木来分隔就好,哈哈。

    我要看shopping post!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊,是很有趣啦,可惜太冷了,不能呆在那里太久。。

      哈哈谢谢赞美!<3

      对咯,我每次看电影都很欣赏他们的房子。。自己就在幻想未来的屋子要酱。。。Hahaha!!

      Hanna我知道了!很快就有 shopping post~

      Delete
  10. I love tat skylon! The environment was so nice and the food look tempting! =D I can imagine how pretty the street if snowing too

    And, I love it boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Min, yea, but if snow hard to take photos... :P

      Delete
  11. very lovely... as well as the cute lady in the pic... do you know who she is??? hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad u enjoy toronto! I actually live half an hour away from downtown, Toronto but hardly go downtown because it's too maa fan. I don't like the amount of ppl - too crowded for my liking and parking is a pain in the butt. Niagara falls I usually go once a year lor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jen, yea I know you live nearby~
      Once a year, so nice!

      Delete
  13. So happening... the place looks good, the food looks nice... and you look gorgeously happy :D

    Oh man... I wish I can travel out of Malaysia too one day *wishful thinking*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah~~ I thought you and your hubb got lost after the brief walk. Luckily, only your toes were freezing, heh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Theme park, for me is so-so (maybe I'm too old to enjoy this) only but red-and-orange-leaves trees opposite your hotel and the rest of the beautiful scenery, woah~~ Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The purpose of Skylon is to enjoy the majestic scenery, hence they make the food standard 'jatuh' a bit so its patrons can compliment on the city view and not solely the food, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That gap in between the door.... it's very tempting for KPC Malaysian to peep inside, don't you think so? I'm a KPC auntie :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, wont got lost la cause just beside the hotel :p

      Yea I love those leaves and trees too!

      Haha well, could be the reason, LOL!

      Haha actually I can be quite KPC at times, wahahaha :D

      Delete
  18. I like that picture of you alone, close up and beautiful. Can't wait to read about your shopping post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, thanks!
      Ok, I will blog about it soon!

      Delete
  19. Loves the 775 feet above the ground, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice sightseeing. The Ferris Wheel is big and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The rainforest cafe is good but the CN Tower was an unique experience

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  22. HeLLo Hayley,

    Sorry for dropping by a bit late. The internet in kampung is unstable. Without 3G, we sometimes lost connection with the internet.

    So, this time around you visit Toronto right? When visiting cold countries, never wear sandals or slippers. Hahahha! I tried before in Amsterdam, from inside my hotel, I thought the weather outside was ok, but then, I was freezing since I didn't wear jacket at that time. I had to go into many buildings to get the heater. Ahaks!

    Though there were not many people that night, you two really got the guts to go out. Was it safe to be out at night there? But I just love looking at the Ferris Wheel and the dinosaur!

    The tower, which one is better? KL Tower or the Skylon Tower? What can u see from up there? The whole of Toronto?

    The parliament building looks ancient, just like the Victorian age. But... I loike....On the other hand, our Malaysian parliament looks like an upside down pistol. Hahah!

    As usual, Chinatown is everywhere. The Chinese really survives almost in every corner of the earth. I think soon there'll be Chinatown in Antarctic.

    The toilet? Ughhh! People can have a peep. Scary...

    p/s: Have a nice day Hayley.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, yes it's Toronto this time.

      Haha yalo, now lesson learnt!

      Dont worry, it is safe there! Unlike our country...

      Err, I am not sure which is best, cause never really been to KL tower la! We can see 360 degree view of the Toronto city and the beautiful Niagara Falls.

      Haha correct, people can peep into the cubicle :/

      Delete
  23. The photos are lovely and you look pretty in the last 8th photo, gosh the scenery are so beautiful, love the trees and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Libby, thanks!
      Yes, it is such a beautiful place~

      Delete
  24. Can't wait to read your shopping posts! Hurrryyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no you guys are giving me pressure! :P

      Delete
  25. keh gao gaoXDXDXD
    笑瓜我。。。

    好多可以拍照的景点哦!你这趟拍了多少照片回来啊?

    这么高的餐厅,上去用餐时有脚兜吗?呵呵

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. janelle, 哈哈!:P

      Erm其实不多咧,大概600多张罢了。。之前去欧洲的更多。

      哈哈没有啦,我没有畏高的~

      Delete
  26. SKYLON TORONTO! *must remember* hahahah XD

    because the food looks nice hehe :X

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)