Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 Winter Trip: Second part of Washington, D.C and Philadelphia

Good afternoon everyone!
 
This is the last post of Washington, plus a little bit of Philadelphia.
 
Before I proceed, I notice that comments on my travelogue are getting lesser, I wonder why? May be some of you are becoming boring already, or most of you are away for holidays?
Anyway, just to let you know I'll be giving away some souvenirs I bought from US to my faithful readers, so if you are interested do keep the comments flowing in, who knows you might be the lucky one? ^^
 
Alright now I shall let the pictures do the talking.
 


These above pictures taken at a small park near the Lincoln Memorial building, each pillars represent different cities of US

There's also a big beautiful fountain



:P


Some syok-sendiri shots

After several camwhoring photos, this friendly mama came over and asked if we needed her help to hold the camera, haha so shy :P


We had a quick photo stop at the Capital Hill, the largest historic residential neighbourhood in Washington.

 That's the Capital Hill behind us

With Kelly, a new friend I met during the trip. She is Chinese but looks abit like mixed ;)
She is younger than me but some tour members commented she looks much matured than me, haha! :P

The nice sunset
 
We had western dinner at Washington, a restaurant called Legals.


Cold bread

 New England clam choulder

Classic Caesar salad

Wood grilled Atlantic Salmon with grilled shrimp skewer

Wood grilled Filet Mignon

1 1/2 pound lobster

Legal's crab cake dinner

With some of the tour members
 
As mentioned we stayed only a night at Washington. The next morning, we took a 3 1/2 hours bus ride to Philadelphia. We had lunch at one of the restaurant at Chinatown. 
The nice Fu Lu Shou (福禄寿) statues in the restaurant. Guests from around the world put notes all over them, I even saw a RM 10 note there ;)

Chinatown, Philadelphia 



Horse carriages everywhere! I love horsey! But pity them at the same times, cause they have to walk and walk and walk.....:(
 
The main attraction about Philadelphia this trip is the Independence Hall. The Declaration of Independence was adopted in 1776 here in Philadelphia so this is what makes it an important and historical city, though it's just a small city.

The Liberty Bell, a symbol of liberty for over 200 years


Taken a park nearby

Just want to share this useful parking system over there in the US. Definetely save space. I know some countries already adopt this pattern, wonder when will it comes to Malaysia? :P
 
Well that's the short post about Washington and Philadelphia. Probably nothing very special, cause the main attraction is NYC! Hehe ;) Will blog about it next. Thanks for reading!
 
Related travelogue:
Part I: Niagara Falls
Part II: Helicoper ride
Part IV: Washington part I 

47 comments:

  1. woot!! still got story on Washington DC?? haha, i thought you just spent little time there so there will be little stories to tell, and that you also said in your previous posts that it will be New York the next post onwards mah..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, hanna hanna, no more Washington liao... ^^

      Delete
  2. US is such a far place from my dream. I did plan to go before but money is a concern ^^

    Eh, that Kelly really looks like a mix! Pretty~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YT, dare to dream, who knows the dream might become reality?

      Yes she is pretty!

      Delete
  3. i think everyone are on holiday too lah, that is why the comments get less.. never mind, i will still comment here and just let everyone gone missing so that i have bigger chance to win the souvenirs, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree everyone is away for holidays and the comments are in slow pace. Same at mine.

      So, do I get a bigger chance of winning the souvenir? Kekeke~

      Delete
    2. LOL you two!
      Well, big chances! :D

      Delete
  4. oh, a pillar for all the 52 states?? did you go and take photo with each of the pillars?? that would be a very nice collection, let's see what 52 different poses you may have, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it for different states or cities? I'm not well verse with US, is Washington a city or state? Darn, I sounded so stupid!

      Delete
    2. If I'm not mistaken, It's a state. We can always google it right?

      Delete
    3. SK, haha I dint take photos of each pillars la! Just random pillars ;)

      Yvonne, it's states actually. But Washington is a district, not state nor city ;)

      Delete
  5. i am hungry now, looking at the food makes me even hungrier!! the prawns and the filet mignon, OMG, so tempting~~ i must forbid myself to scroll up and peep at those photos again~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. one thing i really do not like about package tour is that they bring me to eat chinese food.. errr, why?? i have enough here, i want to eat more local stuffs lah~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, you got a point but if you eat their local stuff continously, you'd be bored too~

      Delete
  7. 不闷不闷,我爱眼睛游世界!哈哈!
    Lincoln Memorial附近的那个喷水池真的很壮观很美,也是在很多电影可以看到,哈哈。Again, night at the museum,哈哈。
    你好有爱心hor可怜马儿,如果我去,如果价钱ok的话,我会去骑那马车,哈哈。
    那个car park真的很酷的咯!!这里都不懂几时会有,哈哈。

    Waiting for NYC!!!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊,谢谢支持!<3

      我不懂多少钱,erm只是觉得马儿一生都在走。。好像蛮苦的咯。。:(

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Hayley,

    So, still on Washington DC and Philadelphia? Interesting post though. You know there was a Science fiction film on Philadelphia long time ago. It was about a few men, all Naval officers, were caught in a storm and they magically appeared in the future. They were like "sakai" but they were determined to go back in time, to where they belonged. Of course, they succeeded. Boy...I really miss that film.

    The buildings in the states always amazed me. They were beautiful and unique. I think in Malaysia, the only place with nice buildings is Putra Jaya. Sarawak? Gee...I still wonder where all the money has gone to?

    Your new friend? She looks like a bit of Mat Salleh. Can she speak Chinese? And of all the food served for your dinner, I'm impressed with the lobster. I have never seen a red couloured lobster. It looks like a plastic lobster. Ahaks! But I'm sure it wasn't a fake one right?. How did it taste like?

    Oh you saw RM10 note on the statues? Let me ask you. "Do they accept Malaysian currency at Money Changers?" The last time I went to New Orleans, they didn't accept Malaysian Ringgit. Uhu...!

    The horse carriages were lovely. Too bad, I have never tried them ever in my life. I should put this in my wishlist before I die. Hahaha!

    p/s: Unlike others, I can visit blogs often during school holidays because I have plenty of time to do so. But once the school re-open, you will hardly see me around...hahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, no, I dint know about that movie.

      Yea she can speak Cantonese.

      Sure the lobster is not fake la! haha.. It was nice~

      I think they accept RM notes..

      p/s: I understand, school holidays mean holidays for you too ^^

      Delete
  10. nah...was away from PC so no blog hopp lor :P still love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy eh... phai seh. Will read about ur previous post later. That Kelly is very leng lui. Yes, she looks more matured that you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 这一晚的晚餐很丰富啊!!!
    两个人出游就是这样,我也是一路叫别人拍得

    你知道吗,我以前在深圳的世界之窗看过翻版的华盛顿纪念碑,那时候有位中国小孩问妈妈我身边这支东西是什么建筑物,我无意间听见妈妈的答案竟然是

    “这就是马来西亚最高的建筑物啊....”
    我快笑死了!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. min, 是咯,没法啦,除非自己拿tripod。。

      哈哈是啊?好好笑哦~

      Delete
  13. Me always very slow to come read blog, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look like Washington is much warmer than Toronto. I believe you will feel more comfortable, right?
    Both US and Canada are my dream countries to visit in future. Of course, I do follow your blog, to get some ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pictures. And I am drooling over your lobster! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The parking system in kl got. Wisma amoda, where Taiwan embassy is. But 2 level only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for informing!
      But I dont think I'll have the chance to see, haha.. Hardly go there.

      Delete
  17. I've always wanted to visit DC

    ReplyDelete
  18. interesting..wish I could go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice trip over there! hehehe very breeze feel le :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breeze? I think cold is more appropriate, haha!

      Delete
  20. Hi Hayley, love the pics of your US holiday....I guess both of you feeling the cold.
    This morning where I am it was -6'c. And it's not even winter yet.
    We've been here and love the scenes, but was there early Fall few years ago.
    You saw the original huge liberty bell, the one with a crack on it?
    Nice pics.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, thanks for dropping by!
      Already -6'c? I cant imagine in winter....

      I think its the original one, there's a crack on it, but not very big only.. hehe.

      Delete
  21. Looks like their grass are greener there...hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)