Hello new world!! There's no doomsday and we are all still alive! xD
Anyway, I bet most of you are in holiday mood cause tomorrow is Christmas! So to celebrate Christmas I'm going to wrap up my US travelogue here, with the long awaited shopping loots post (Finally!)
1. Went for manicure few days before the trip. Also colored my hair a week before the departure, hehe..
The exchange rate during the trip:
RM 32 = CAD 10, RM 31 = USD 10. USD is accepted at Canada but balance is in CAD. Most credit cards are accepted at both Canada & US.
2. We went shopping at Fifth Avenue, the famous shopping street at NYC. Too bad time is not enough for me to cover all the shops there (which I am so regret til now!).
3. With the great legacy of the late Steve Jobs. Apple store here opens 24 hours.
4. The first shop to look for upon reaching Fifth Avenue is the Coach boutique because I have so many orders in hands from friends!
5. As it was still a month plus away to Christmas, only certain areas in the city display Christmas decorations.
6. Hubby and I collect Hard Rock shirts so whenever we travel oversea, we won't miss to visit the HR shop.(but very sorry to say we did not own any HR Malaysia shirts >.<).
7. Besides Fifth Avenue, another famous shopping spot is of course Times Square NYC. Lots of international brands here like Levi's, Hard Rock, Sketchers, Sephora, Toy R Us, Disney, Forever 21, GAP and many many more. Also some broadway theaters, cinemas, souvenir shops and so on.
Most shops here opens til midnight. For instance Forever 21 here opens from 8am-2am EVERYDAY and it consist of 3 floors, you tell me how can I not love NYC!!
8. Inside Disney store.
9. In the huge Toy R Us store.
10. I see so many nice Barbie dolls! I really feel like buying one but hubby teased me by saying 'what for? Wanna buy for our future daughter is it?' >.<
11. On the 2nd last day of the trip we travelled to an urban side of NY and went shopping at Woodbury Premium Outlet. It has bout 220 stores and is one of the largest contiguous outlet centers in the world.
We were there for like 4 hours only (well you know, its always this rush following tours), so we only stepped in to the stores we like.
(Photo from here)
12. Many hotdog stalls around the town and according to the tour guide, it's a must to try the hotdog as it completes the whole NY trip. Haha!
13. So I did not hesitate to try =)
14. Haagen Dazs sundae for my
To summarize the trip, here's what I've got.
Coach wrislets, handbags and men's wallet (All not for myself cause I've already got one wrislet which I think is enough)
Instead I bought a Burberry purse, will keep til CNY ;) I love Burberry more than other brands....
Some shoes for hubby, I and Aden. As it was winter when we were there, lots of boots and heels on sales which are not so suitable for me.....
Some skincare products from Clarins, Crabtree & Evelyn and Loccitane. The Clarins product is a steal cause it was the mall's one day sale so I got many freebies!!
Clothes and a soft toy for Aden
Going to let my son wear this tonight!
A quick look at my loots
Some yoga attires from Nike (Nike is quite worth buying here)
Our Hard Rock collections
Shirts, tops, dress and innerwear from CK and Forever 21
Levi's jeans and shorts
Some other miscellaneous from Ralph Lauren and Forever 21.
There are more clothes we bought but already given to friends and family ^^
Fridge magnets and postcards for friends
Canadian ginseng candies
Chocolates from local airport
This is FIL's company sales trip so as usual, the generous York management gave us the following as gifts:
Famous Canadian ginseng
Hard Rock tops for hubby and I
2 units of brand new iPod touch and an iPhone casing ^^
Our luggages were slightly overweight but no extra penalties xD Luckily we brought 2 more extra backpacks.
Despite the longggg flight hours and jetlag, I am thankful for the chance to visit US. It's a memorable trip and I hope you all enjoy reading all the US-related posts! ;)
Here's the links just in case you have missed my previous posts:
Part I: Niagara Falls
Part II: Helicoper ride
part III: The rest of Toronto
Part IV: Washington part IPart V: Washington part II
Part VI: Wall Street & Times Sq NYC
Part VII: Statue of Liberty & hotels
Til then, wishing all my readers a Merry Christmas!