Friday, December 14, 2012

2012 Winter Trip: Wall Street & Times Square NYC

Greetings all! It's Friday and it means weekend is just around the corner! =)
But as a mom weekend doesnt mean anything cause I gotto work still....... :(
 
Anyway thats not what I wanna talk about today. This is the continuation of my US travelogue and also the first post of New York City (NYC)! ;)
 
We stayed at NYC for 3 nights and basically it's more to shopping. Many of us keep the money at the beginning of the trip and wait til we reached NYC to spend! Haha!
But of course apart from shopping we visited some of the famous landmarks of NYC, such as the Wall Street, financial district of NYC.
 

Wall Street is famous for its Wall Street Bull! The Bull is situated in the middle of the road hence we have to be careful when taking photos here cause vehicles are coming from 2 directions

Hubs and I with the Bull. Very hard to take proper photo with it cause too many tourists!

We dint mean anything bad by posing this. Just for fun *shy*

It was a cloudy morning. Temperature around 3'c

See the number of tourists!

This man pratically knows every country's national anthem. We told him we are from Malaysian and surprisingly he played our Negarakku!

We walked around Wall Street and that's the George Washington's statue behind me. The building is called Federal Hall, its the first capitol building of the US


That's our tour guide Ann in black sweater, she is originally from Taiwan

Behind me is the New York Stock Exchange

=)

The Trump Building

NY double decker bus and yellow cab

So many yellow cabs! Love this scene!
 
You know I never thought I'd come to New York cause to me US is too far away (not to mention the cost to travel here) and all the visa thingy seems hard for younger people (well that's what I heard la).
But actually the visa application now is slightly easier already and basically easy to approve. As for the cost and pocket money, I must thank my FIL for his generous kindness <3

Chinatown, NY

It was snowing the day before we reached NY
 
Besides Wall Street, another main attraction of NYC is of course its glamorous Times Square! We stayed at Hilton Times Square and this is such a strategic hotel! Just walk out from the hotel entrance and all beautiful lights are here welcoming you!

This is the morning view of Times Square

Not too happening cause its early morning

Needless to say, the night view is more awesome! Very very crowded and happening!

Lights everywhere~

McDonald

The beautiful signboards

I can see police are everywhere here

Woohoo! York Mei is finally here at New York! ;)

Smurfs! There're alot of cute mascots here waving to take photos with you. But of course its not free la!

It is very crowded here regardless of time. Times Square is truly a city that never sleeps, photo taken at nearly 12am but people are everywhere. Some stores here open til midnight.

According to the tour guide, Tokyo has similar big signboards and they are nicer than Times Square. But to me, everything is already so wonderful here at Times Square! I cant imagine how beautiful things are at Tokyo! ;)
 
I can walk here all night, seriously. Just to feel the atmosphere and taking photos of every corner =)
 
Related travelogue:
Part I: Niagara Falls
Part II: Helicoper ride

58 comments:

  1. woot woot!! the long anticipated New York travelogue!!

    New York, New York
    I want to wake up in that city
    That never sleeps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times Square OMG!

    Ok, NYC does has its charm and I am sure u went crazy shopping for there are so many brands so much cheaper than Malaysia. Waiting for you to share your shopping haul with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YT, yea I shopped quite alot there =P
      True, there're many brands worth buying there!

      Delete
  3. yeah, i think there are also many tourist attractions in New York?? errr, the bull (with huge balls) at wall street, the NY timesquare, and oh, you must also have been to see the statue of liberty right?? and also all the famous skyscrapers and i hope you also went to ground zero??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, but we only see the Statue of Liberty from far..
      Will blog bout it soon.

      Delete
  4. I can see you had a wonderful trip..have not been to NYC yet. I will have to put in a lot of afford to earn more to make a trip there..hopefully soon. Thanks for the nice introduction of NYC..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agnes, hopefully soon! ;)
      No problem la~

      Delete
  5. all the hotel you stayed are situated at very strategic locations, how nice!! mind telling us which travel agent you booked your holidays?? hahahaha.. usually the travel agents just put you at ulu-ulu places to save cost..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, sure, its Best Experience from KL =)

      Delete
  6. so nice lah the timesquare with all the signboards and neon lights.. yeah, i heard japan is even more HEBAT with all these, but then too bad lah, i haven't even step into both countries also..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, who knows you might get to visit them one day!

      Delete
  7. NEW YORK CITY!!!!!!多么熟悉的画面呀!!我觉得很多女人会败在NYC之下,太多迷惑了,哈哈~ Time square真的很美!!!啊!我的美国梦,不懂几时呢=((

    你的fil真好 =)

    既然到了NYC,我相信血拼文就快出来了,呵呵呵!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 珊,没错没错!你想看看,boutique都开到半夜2点!哪里可以不诱惑啊!

      嗯,再给点耐心!很快很快ok!

      Delete
  8. interesting New York meets beautiful York Mei.. what are the York's together?? shopping and shopping and shopping, which will be featured in the next post?? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK, next post, hmm... Also NY but not yet about shopping :P

      Delete
  9. Nice trip really. Yeap, is York Mei went to New York with York Team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget to let us see your shopping loots k

      Delete
    2. I should say show us please...hehehe

      Delete
    3. Anzerin, yes you're right! All YORK! :P

      Yes please bear with me, shopping post coming up soon!

      Delete
  10. What a marvelous trip to NYC!

    I dare not dream to go to this city, and only can catch a glimpse of it on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I foresee the trip fare per pax must have cost a BOMB! Even if I managed to go, I'll go there penniless, can window shopping only T___T

      Delete
    2. Please make me green with envy, show me your loot!

      Delete
    3. Yvonne, I dont think you'll be penniless when going there, got your hubby to sponsor ma! *wink*

      Ok I will post a shopping post soon~

      Delete
  11. NYC~~~ 只在电影里面看过,不知道什么时候才有机会去看看呢!呼~ 太多地方想去了

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, 可以的啦。。Dare to dream big! ;)

      Delete
  12. NYC is such a happening place. It is really an eye opening experience for you. Albeit the journey and missing Aden, I guess it was still an awesome trip for you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yan, yea it was an amazing trip for me! Hehe...

      Delete
  13. So after visiting Wall Street,now can become Warren Buffet already lol,,,,,

    Have a great weekend York Mei,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eugene, haha no la! :P

      You too, have a great weekend~

      Delete
  14. yes new york new york..
    I remember the bull..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that man knows every country national anthem, so cool. So you shop a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea so great right?
      Hmm yes, I shopped quite alot :P

      Delete
  16. Oh finally at the Big Apple. Aiyaya no wonder stock shares in Wall St. nose dived on that very day after you and hubs did something behind the bull lolz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings Hayley,

    As usual, I'm always late to leave my comments after anyone else. Haha! During the end-year school holiday, everyday feels like weekends for me. Sometimes, I forgot what day is today. But, anyway, Happy Weekend to you and family.

    Sadly to say, I didn't manage to go to New York when I was working in U.S years back, but I had my transit flight there. I'm not sure what's good in New York for tourists but like you mentioned in your blog entry here, it's a good place for shopping.

    The Wallstreet has a bull monument? What was it made of? If I'm not mistaken, the bull was also seen in a film called "The Sorcerer's Apprentice'. But, the bull came to life through magic, in that movie, and attacked the hero. Of course, the hero won the fight. And...hehehe the two of you were very naughty to touch the bull's balls. Ahaks! What were you thinking? Hahaha!

    Awww! the street performer played our National Anthem? How much did you pay him? Or did you say to him "You're fired!" acting like Donald Trump near the Trump building for his poor tune. Hahaha! My my, you were very lucky to visit New York. And just like in TV, New York has lots of taxis. And you confirmed this scenario through your photos. Cool...I bet the cabs fees there are much cheaper than Malaysia.

    I'm also amazed by all the digital advertising on the buildings of NY Times Square. Do we have that in KL?(I ask because I've not been to KL for 8 years now)And wait! Smurfs in the city? Another street performers? How much did you pay them?

    This is adventurous Hayley. I just love you travel log. At least it open my eyes to the other side of the world.

    OK then, have a nice day yeah?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, its ok, thank you for visiting still and appreciate the long comments.

      Nvm, may be you'd get to visit NY one day ;)

      Erm sorry I am not sure what is the Bull made of :P
      Haha, I dint think anything, just pose for fun since a few tour members did the same ^^

      Oh that street performer, I dint pay him anything but my friend did.

      Digital signboards, there're a few at KL city I believe.

      Sorry I am not sure how much to pay to those street perfomers :P

      You too, have a nice day!

      Delete
  18. Whoa..NYC! All the pics so nice la. You look so fresh and pretty in all the photos.

    Can't wait to see what you bought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mummy Gwen!
      Thanks!
      I will blog bout the haul soon ;)

      Delete
  19. I love to see the yellow cabs too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice photos of your city tour in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a fan of NYC and I'm hoping to visit the city one day! Perhaps not when tourists are all over the place though! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha then it'd be quite hard... :P The place is always crowded!

      Delete
  22. Lovely photos. Now we know how NYC looks like. Next post will be on your shopping loots,ya!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonder from here why NYC looks like . . . KL? XD just kidding

    :) feel so strange if I step on NYC alone hahax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC IS NOTHING LIKE KL lo.. :D

      Haha wont la!!

      Delete
  24. I took Zoloft for five months and was barely able to fight it and now she
    is to learn about emetophobia in an effort to deal with the fatigue.
    I forget little things like pee and poop. As an adult it almost feels
    ridiculous to fear vomiting. Basically, it just doesn't have the fear of developing morning sickness and all. Sometimes, sufferers have learned how to cure Emetophobia.
    Also visit my page Nageezi emetophobia treatment

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nevertheless, if you are feeling a kind of takes
    on the right posture to another sciatic nerve is responsible for the nerve pain remedy
    they consider jumping into them.

    my web site: Good Thunder acupuncture back pain
    Also see my page > Good Thunder acupuncture back pain

    ReplyDelete
  26. There are many chemic treatments for Acid Reflux and even surgery, but something that many hoi polloi look out
    over that allows in relieving the Gastro esophageal Acid flow rate second disease GERD as it contains Escarole.


    Here is my blog post natural remedy for acid reflux children
    My blog - natural remedy for acid reflux children

    ReplyDelete
  27. Blogging can be Outlined of weblog when its fame cattle ranch with the intro of the liberate Blogging services, Blogger for instance, became identical popular.


    Check out my webpage ... click here

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)