Today we say goodbye to 2012 and when the clock strikes 12 tonight, we welcome the brand new 2013.
On the last few days of every year, my usual practice is to do a quick recap of some memorable events that happened throughout the year. So I am not going to miss it this year.
Here are some special and memorable events of my 2012:
- Announced my baby gender to everyone
- Second year in giving ang pao, spent my CNY with my 6 months-old baby bump
-Started to count down to my EDD
- First visit to Kuala Selangor
- First visit to Sitiawan
- Went for my maternity outdoor shooting
- Short trip to Penang with friends
- Started packing for my delivery
- WENT THROUGH PAINFUL EXPERIENCE AND GAVE BIRTH TO MY FIRST PRECIOUS ADEN BOY! <3
- Enjoying my confinement moment
- Aden's fullmoon and I was officially released from jail ^^
- Started my life as a stay at home mum and handling my baby all by myself
- Short trip to KL without Aden
- Saliva collection ritual for Aden
- My first birthday with Aden
- Year end vacation to Canada and US
- Participated in Whitesoot blogger circle
- Aden's first solid experience
- Aden's first baby gathering
- Everybody survived the so called 21st doomsday!
Of course the most amazing thing that happens this year is the arrival of my son, and also carrying the title stay-at-home-mum.
Overall 2012 has been quite fruitful for me and I am enjoying every single seconds despite all the tiredness. I hope you had a great 2012 too!
Here, wishing all my lovely readers a happier, greater and healthier 2013!
Have fun tonight! <3
Sunday, December 30, 2012
It is 10 minutes to 12am while I am writing this and I am so tired actually. But die die also have to blog now cause I am behind schedule already! Actually there're few more posts to write before the end of 2012 but now I don't think I make it already.
There was a current interruption at my area on Friday night for 3 hours (which spoilt my plan to blog), then on Saturday morning, another interruption for almost 5 hours! What a bad way to start the weekend!! >=(
Ok let's not talk about that anymore.
This will be a mixed post of a wedding dinner I attended early this month, and a short trip to Penang with hubs and Aden.
Starts off with some photos taken on Sharon's wedding night. I knew her while she was having her internship training at Silverstone (my previous working place).
Very surprised she invited me to her wedding cause we actually don't talk much ;)
Well I was actually very excited cause I knew I was going to see some of my ex colleagues during the dinner
With some ex colleagues from Costing department
With Loi from Costing (on the left) and Amy from Finance (on the right). This 2 were the top users I supported while I was working there
Unfortunately I din't manage to catch up a lot with them because we were sitting separately. They were served with vegetarian dishes (cause Loi is a vegan) that night while hubby and I were seated at non-vegetarian table
Nonetheless we enjoyed the dinner that night
Yours truly with Sharon and her hubby before leaving, hmm you can tell they are actually younger than me.. hehe..
Photo taken by hubby
The next day after the dinner, hubby brought Aden and I to Penang as there was a baby fair at PISA.
This is actually Aden's first outstation trip.
Daddy driving and mummy camwhore at the back, haha!
My little boss sat in front with his dad
He slept all the way from home to Penang and from Penang to home, good boy!
Nice weather at Penang
Went for lunch at Queensbay Mall, now that Aden can sit properly on high chair, mummy feels less busier already ^^ Just make sure to prepare his food beforehand
Where's my food mummy?
Very difficult to make him look at the camera so just simply snapped a few....
The baby fair was ok, not a grand one but we managed to get something for Aden still.
The most useful thing we got is the Pororo 2 sided playmat. Have been looking for one since months ago but all were not suitable. This is like a queen-sized bed and the material is very baby friendly.
Stock up more snacks for Aden
Just some other stuff we got during the fair. Mummy too got something for herself (forgot to take pictures).
Alright I can go sleep happily now.
Good night everyone!
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hey dear readers!
If you've been following me, you'd remember I blogged about this great piece of news for female bloggers from Whitesoot last month.
So entering December I have another opportunity to choose another lovely piece of clothing from Whitesoot.
This is the second sponsored item and similar to the previous one, I simply love my choice!
I decided to go with tops this round, and I was torn between these 2:
Flutter sleeve mandarin collar top, RM 47 (love this cause of the sleeves)
(By the way their homepage is so Christmasy this December!)
Tuxedo-inspired dip back shirt, RM 47 (love this cause of the tuxedo)
Both are so lovely!
In the end, I chosen the first one as the color is more to my liking ;)
Quality wise, I don't have to elaborate further cause it's guaranteed! It's worth every single cent!
Blue! My favourite color on earth~ (Do note that color is slightly different here in the photo compared with the actual piece)
Very unique ruffled sleeves! <3
As this is a top, it can basically goes with anything. Shorts, skirts, jeans and even legging (for slimmer person).
And another thing I like about this top is, it can be formal (for work) and informal (girls day out) at the same times. Just depends on how you match it.
First set is to match it with shorts and flats, simple yet nice looking and comfy. I unbutton the top and wore a tube top inside.
Button it up and this is another look!
The top is also good to go with denim skirts, or pencil skirt as demo in the website. I actually love that matching with the pencil skirt but unfortunately it's not applicable to me as I have big hips ... >.<
A last set I've tried is to match with a pair of jeans. Simple yet classy, right? Match it with a pair of heels to elongate my silhouette.
Also with a lovely shoulder bag (my Christmas gift), will blog about it soon ^^
A self-shot photo to end the post ;)
I actually prefer to wear it with a tube top inside cause I think this covers my chubby face.
So my female readers, have you started shopping at Whitesoot?? Have you got your free items? If you have not, this is the time to act! Hurry and drop them a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And in conjuction with their year end sales, Whitesoot is having FREE DELIVERY for everything in-store! Head on to www.whitesoot.com for more details!
Monday, December 24, 2012
Hello new world!! There's no doomsday and we are all still alive! xD
Anyway, I bet most of you are in holiday mood cause tomorrow is Christmas! So to celebrate Christmas I'm going to wrap up my US travelogue here, with the long awaited shopping loots post (Finally!)
1. Went for manicure few days before the trip. Also colored my hair a week before the departure, hehe..
The exchange rate during the trip:
RM 32 = CAD 10, RM 31 = USD 10. USD is accepted at Canada but balance is in CAD. Most credit cards are accepted at both Canada & US.
2. We went shopping at Fifth Avenue, the famous shopping street at NYC. Too bad time is not enough for me to cover all the shops there (which I am so regret til now!).
3. With the great legacy of the late Steve Jobs. Apple store here opens 24 hours.
4. The first shop to look for upon reaching Fifth Avenue is the Coach boutique because I have so many orders in hands from friends!
5. As it was still a month plus away to Christmas, only certain areas in the city display Christmas decorations.
6. Hubby and I collect Hard Rock shirts so whenever we travel oversea, we won't miss to visit the HR shop.(but very sorry to say we did not own any HR Malaysia shirts >.<).
7. Besides Fifth Avenue, another famous shopping spot is of course Times Square NYC. Lots of international brands here like Levi's, Hard Rock, Sketchers, Sephora, Toy R Us, Disney, Forever 21, GAP and many many more. Also some broadway theaters, cinemas, souvenir shops and so on.
Most shops here opens til midnight. For instance Forever 21 here opens from 8am-2am EVERYDAY and it consist of 3 floors, you tell me how can I not love NYC!!
8. Inside Disney store.
9. In the huge Toy R Us store.
10. I see so many nice Barbie dolls! I really feel like buying one but hubby teased me by saying 'what for? Wanna buy for our future daughter is it?' >.<
11. On the 2nd last day of the trip we travelled to an urban side of NY and went shopping at Woodbury Premium Outlet. It has bout 220 stores and is one of the largest contiguous outlet centers in the world.
We were there for like 4 hours only (well you know, its always this rush following tours), so we only stepped in to the stores we like.
(Photo from here)
12. Many hotdog stalls around the town and according to the tour guide, it's a must to try the hotdog as it completes the whole NY trip. Haha!
13. So I did not hesitate to try =)
14. Haagen Dazs sundae for my
To summarize the trip, here's what I've got.
Coach wrislets, handbags and men's wallet (All not for myself cause I've already got one wrislet which I think is enough)
Instead I bought a Burberry purse, will keep til CNY ;) I love Burberry more than other brands....
Some shoes for hubby, I and Aden. As it was winter when we were there, lots of boots and heels on sales which are not so suitable for me.....
Some skincare products from Clarins, Crabtree & Evelyn and Loccitane. The Clarins product is a steal cause it was the mall's one day sale so I got many freebies!!
Clothes and a soft toy for Aden
Going to let my son wear this tonight!
A quick look at my loots
Some yoga attires from Nike (Nike is quite worth buying here)
Our Hard Rock collections
Shirts, tops, dress and innerwear from CK and Forever 21
Levi's jeans and shorts
Some other miscellaneous from Ralph Lauren and Forever 21.
There are more clothes we bought but already given to friends and family ^^
Fridge magnets and postcards for friends
Canadian ginseng candies
Chocolates from local airport
This is FIL's company sales trip so as usual, the generous York management gave us the following as gifts:
Famous Canadian ginseng
Hard Rock tops for hubby and I
2 units of brand new iPod touch and an iPhone casing ^^
Our luggages were slightly overweight but no extra penalties xD Luckily we brought 2 more extra backpacks.
Despite the longggg flight hours and jetlag, I am thankful for the chance to visit US. It's a memorable trip and I hope you all enjoy reading all the US-related posts! ;)
Here's the links just in case you have missed my previous posts:
Part I: Niagara Falls
Part II: Helicoper ride
part III: The rest of Toronto
Part IV: Washington part IPart V: Washington part II
Part VI: Wall Street & Times Sq NYC
Part VII: Statue of Liberty & hotels
Til then, wishing all my readers a Merry Christmas!