Sunday, February 17, 2013

Movie review: A good day to die hard


Starring: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney

Synopsis:
John McClane (Bruce Willis) travels to Russia to help out his seemingly wayward son, Jack (Jai Courtney), only to discover that Jack is a CIA operative working to prevent a nuclear-weapons heist, causing the father and son to team up against underworld forces.

Another action-packed movie this time, and it features Bruce Willis, a 57-year-old actor but still is looking good in his acting.
I find this quite similar to the last movie I watched, The Last Stand, cause 2 very well known Hollywood actors (Arnold and Bruce) doing all the stunts and actions. I enjoy this one as much as the last one.

Story line wise, as the title says, it's hard for them to die even though John falls from the helicopter above to the hard ground, of course it doesn't make sense but well, most of the movies thesedays are like that, right? =)

Personal rating: 7/10

28 comments:

  1. nice movie..I like to watch movie but couldn't find the time..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyewww!!! Didn't even watch the earlier ones when Willis was young...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha how come? Not interested or busy?

      Delete
  3. Fell from the helicopter? Reminded me of one Jackie Chan movie where Maggie Cheung also was pushed from the helicopter onto the car filmed in KL... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hayley, wow! You sure a real movie fan! I didn't even know there's this movie now showing.
    I love his movies....
    Last night I watched James Bond's 'Skyfall' on a DVD....a friend had given me as a present.

    Incidentally Hayley, how much is a ticket see a movie now? I remember the last time I saw a movie in KL....I paid Rgt 1.80 upstairs seats, ha ha.
    Have a great week.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, yes I am a movie buff!

      Oh, Skyfall, I dint watch that one though.

      Erm, average priced about RM 10 now. RM 1.80?? That must be many many yearsss ago already :P

      Delete
  5. I watch The Wedding Diary II during the forth day of CNY, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I watched it too, but it was part I, on local TV channel, hehe.

      Delete
  6. don't think i will be watching this lah.. in fact i just watched "I Love HK" yesterday only, CNY mah, sure must watch some CNY movies.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I din't watch that one, heard it's so so only...

      Delete
  7. LOL>...funy you should post this....just saw in FB my fren posted she and her kids went watch movie and her husband went and watch this die hard movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you mean both of them went watch different movies la?

      Delete
  8. I only watch Jack Lam Tuck Weng's produced CNY movie, it was suck. The worst movie that I ever watched.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, heard from you that day, luckily I din't watch, LOL!

      Delete
  9. Er... how come my comment went missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked this movie is rated 18, so I'm gonna skip this one and wait for DVD release.

      But I'm looking forward to watch Jack the Giant Slayer :)
      Hope it's rated 13PG.

      Delete
    2. I've heard about this, Jack the Giant Slayer, don't know really nice or not?

      Delete
  10. High rating you gave. Really salute him so old already still can perform in action movie like Mr. Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 这部电影,注定我看不到了。因为我男朋友和家人去看了,我又不喜欢在家看西洋电影,哈!

    ReplyDelete
  12. at last u watch Die Hard de! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)