To date, my son is already 1 year 1 month 1 week and 3 days old (Time flies isn't it?)
So I reckon it's time to submit his report card ;)
1. In the Chinese beliefs, there's this 'item picking' tradition when the baby turns one year old. Well I am not very superstitious and this is not a must for me, but I find it kinda cute and fun so I prepared some items for Aden to choose.
Shoes, book, ruler, pen, money and a calculator (This is a simplified version, a complete set of this tradition requires even more items) Each item represents different meaning, it symbolized the kid's future career by looking at the sequence of the items he picks.
Here he is! All items are new to him except for the shoes. Guess which item he first picked? ;)
First was the ruler (means he might become a designer or architect in the future) , second was a RM 50 note (means he might be very wealthy in the future!) The rest, not interested >.< And he held the note in his hands quite long... haha xD (So $$ face!)
Well I don't really believe in those things la, just wanna try it for fun~
2. During his 13th months check up, he weighs 10kg, and is 77cm tall. Still wearing L size pant diapers, 2 solid meals per day, snacks a lot in between, and 2 sessions of milk time (about 7oz each session). He is still very glutton and whenever he sees food, he'll say 'mam mam' very precisely.
Oh he also poo a lot everyday! At least 3 times! Hence his diapers habis (finish) very fast! I wonder is this normal since he's not a breastfeed baby anymore?
Aden 还是那么贪吃，不过吃得多也放得多！一天最少便便3次 （是正常吗？）所以尿片用得特别快！我都跟他说幸好阿公有能力要不然怎样买你的尿片啊？毕竟一包Mamypoko裤尿片不便宜呢~
3. As he is now learning to walk on his own, he is getting more active! I mean, super active! I got more tired and the most anticipating moment is his nap time. I can either nap with him or do my own stuff. Stay at home mum can be very busy also! Really envious at those mummies who have got a maid/helper at home!
Aden still naps twice a day (most of the time).
4. His favorite sleeping pose lately, and I notice he sleeps longer with this pose, I let him sleep the way he wants although one of his hand might become numb, haha xD
5. Become very busybody and ransack everything he can! He is also very gwai lan (means super naughty in Hokkien) these days, and is not afraid of anything/anyone in the house!
6. Not growing any molars at the moment, still with 8 front incisors. Able to walk a few steps on his own already.
7. He used to scare of the toys car in the mall but now not anymore, even refuse to get out of it!
8. He has strong arms so nothing is too difficult for him to climb these days. I used to worry that he'd fall down but looks like my worry is too much now.
现在爬高爬低都不是大问题了！天啊，男孩真的 sipek giat！
9. Boys will be boys, Aden loves cars and wheels!
10. Likes to play peek-ka-boo and this day, he thought I couldn't find him by hiding under my clothes but his leg betrayed him, haha my silly boy!
11. Brought him for a photo contest the other day at Tesco, not expecting him to win, just wanna snap for fun. Loves his smile here~
He is becoming more talkative but still not able to talk accurately yet. Favorite words are still 'mam mam' and 'nen nen'. Able to recognize a few words and point to the item in the room when I say the names, like fan, books, bathroom, TV and etc.
Looking after an active and naughty toddler is really not easy. I admit I love exercising but this type of exercise seems too much now >.<
But I am thankful that at least he is active and loves exploring everything (means he is a normal child)!
现在每天都跟Aden在 boh eng，真的很忙很累。。不过这也是当全职妈妈的‘好处’，因为可以第一时间看到他每天不同的新进展！=)