It's actually 'half failed half success' mille crepe, haha! Half failed because of the look (which you'll see later, but please don't laugh ya!), half success because of the taste.
I've been wanting to make mille crepe since some times ago but keep on delaying because of the tedious works on frying the crepes one by one. But my recent strong baking mojo had made me doing it at last.
Here are the ingredients needed:
For the crepe:
2 eggs (room temperature)
100g cake flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
250ml milk (room temperature)
Few drops of vanilla essence
For the fillings: (There' re actually lots of options for the fillings, I adopted the easiest one)
250g fresh cream
2 tbsp sugar
3 large bananas
1. Sieve the flour in a bowl.
2. Add sugar, eggs and mix well.
3. Add half the milk, butter and mix well again.
4. Strain the batter to remove lumps.
5. Add the other half of milk, vanilla and mix well.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature for about 30 mins.
7. Pour a ladleful of batter onto non stick pan and fry. The thinner the crepe, the better.
8. Continue to cook til all the batter is finished.
9. Leave the crepes til cool.
Pardon for the out-of-shape crepes, haha!
For the fillings:
1. Beat fresh cream with sugar on top of a bowl of ice and beat til it forms a soft peak.
2. Add in mashed bananas. Set aside.
To assemble the crepes:
1. Take one layer of the crepe, spread Nutella.
2. Take another layer of the crepe, spread the banana cream.
3. Repeat til you have use all the crepes.
4. Cover with a plastic wrap, put into fridge for about an hour before cut.
So here's my virgin attempt with mille crepe! Can't achieve good layering because of the mashed bananas inside.
Despite the ugly looks, I can say my mille crepe taste good though! My friend commented that looks can be improved later on, the most important thing is that it taste good! Yep I agree on this! ^o^
The crepes taste even better the next day, honestly I love it! So as my parents and hubs. But I know I shall practise more to achieve both the taste and look ;)