Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Movie review: The Lone Ranger (2013)

Image from HERE

Starring: Johnny Depp, Armie Hammer, William Fichtner, Ruth Wilson

I did not planned to watch this one at first (was planning to watch WHD), but accidentally read about some positive reviews from bloggers so thought of giving it a try.

Tonto (Johnny Depp) as a native American warrior, together with the hero of justice John Reid (Armie Hammer) teams up and saves Texas from the hands of the cruel bad guy, Butch Cavendish (William Fichtner).

We all know Johnny Depp from his quirky make up and the pirate character (well at least I do ^^). And this time he did another fantastic job with this Tonto character in the movie! It was so much fun to watch his hilarious personality and styles in this movie.

As for the main actor,Armie Hammer, who is also the lone ranger, honestly he is quite a new face to me. But I do like his character, the 2 of them are consider quite a perfect partner (The only thing is that when they stand together, it makes Johnny so much shorter and fatter! :p)

All in all, I love this film a lot! It's packed with lots of laughter and actions for the whole 180 minutes, definitely worth the ticket price!

Rating: 7/10

40 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I heard that it's cheaper to watch movies in Malaysia...

      Delete
    2. Erm, it depends la... Ticket here is between RM 10 - RM 14.

      You too, have a great evening!

      Delete
  2. Loved the comics when I was small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I din't know about the comics!

      Delete
  3. Johnny Depp 吸引我,呵呵~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. 最近很忙很忙很忙!周末都在工作!想去看电影都没有时间!!哭死!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 唉哟工作狂!

      记得要relax 哦!

      Delete
  5. quite a number of movies to watch recently huh?? i just watched "Despicable Me 2" last Sunday, sure cannot miss this lah, i am a fans of the Minions!!! muahahahaha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the next one i'm planning to watch is "White House Down".. "Lone Ranger" perhaps will be the next after this lah.. Johnny Depp and Disney, most of the time would not be wrong lah i guess~~ :)

      Delete
    2. oh, 180 minutes?? wow, i love long movies, hahaha!! *auntie mode on* definitely worth to pay for the ticket~~ :p

      Delete
    3. oh, Arnie Hammer!! i just read the newspaper and there was an article about him, the so-called emerging Hollywood Hunk.. so have you fallen into him?? hehehe~~

      Delete
    4. I wanna watch Despicable Me 2 also leh!! But hubby is not keen on this one, aiyo... :(

      I wanted to watch WHD also, but think I will download it instead.

      Yea, 180 minutes, definitely worth the ticket la! ;)

      Eh, he is quite muscular la but I am afraid he's not my cup of tea, LOL!

      Delete
  6. Cant watch it :(....J cnt tag along ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably get the DVD and watch it when he is not around or aftyer he zzz

      Delete
    2. Ya can't tag J along... Never mind, watch it at home lo...

      Delete
  7. Never missed the TV shows of Lone Ranger during my younger days and can remember vividly Tonto's favorite word ~ 'kemosabe'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I love that word also, kemosabe!!

      Delete
  8. It seems like a nice movie..I need to go for movies. Been ages since I last gone for movies with my girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it's a nice one, hope you'll like it too!

      Delete
  9. haha...i'm not missing this one, my childhood hero. I still remember the 'racing horse' theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I love that horse, very pretty and funny!

      Delete
  10. I am going to watch this movie tonight!!! Your review has prompted me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed watching it TM!!

      Delete
  11. I am a great fan of cowboys and still dream to ride the rodeo horses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a fan of cowboy ar? Hehe...

      Delete
  12. I saw real cowboys when I was student visiting Dallas. I went nuts. Yeeee Haaawww!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors and I always enjoy his movies. this is a must watch movie. Heheh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I love his movies! He's such a great actor!

      Delete
  14. No chance to watch leh. Going to cinema sure kids will attached. hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, so can only choose animation or U-rated movie!

      Delete
  15. it is dam fun to watch them (Tonto and John Reid) jokes around in this movie hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't watch this!!! =[ But I'm gonna to watch it soon!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehehe...anything with Johny Depp is always good for me:D

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)