Read about this at missyblurkit's blog and so tempted to try!
Let's waste no more time and straight to the point shall we?
Here're the ingredients needed:
• 75g butter (melted)
• 2 Kiwifruit
• 250g flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 75g caster sugar
• 75g cheddar cheese
• 1 egg
• 125ml milk
• 1 tsp oregano
• 125g bacon
1. Cube bacon and fry them, drain and set aside.
2. Mash the kiwifruit.
3. Mix dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, oregano and baking powder).
4. Mix melted butter, half the mashed kiwifruit, milk and egg together.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour mixture #4 into it.
6. Mix until well blended.
7. Once well mixed, add the bacon, cheddar cheese and the other half kiwifruit. Combine well.
8. Spoon into the muffin cups. Fill it about 3/4 full. You can put in some kiwifruit on top as decorations too.
9. Bake under 190'C for about 20 mins.
Opps, I hope you're not feeling hungry if you're reading this at 11.50pm, hehe~
Anyway, I have to say, the whole thing smells absolutely good during baking, and after baking. But to me, I don't quite like the taste, I mean, the sweet sour kiwi with bacon? Hmm....
But I am glad that at least I tried, never try never know, right? ;)