Monday, August 5, 2013

My love towards baking

Just wanted to share some of my recent baking, before I retire to bed.

1. Original flavor baked cheesecake
Ingredients: (I skip the base part, cause I am lazy like that, haha! xD)
250g cream cheese
25g caster sugar
25g butter
15g flour, sifted
2 tablespoon lemon juice
115g original flavored plain yogurt
1 egg
2 egg yolk
2 egg whites
35g caster sugar
Pinch of salt

Steps:
1. Start by mixing the egg whites, 35g caster sugar and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese til fluffy.
3. Add in butter and 25g caster sugar, followed by egg and egg yolk.
4. Add in yogurt then lemon juice.
5. Pour in flour and mix well. Followed by mixture in step 1.
6. Pour the mixture into the cake mould using water-bath method, and bake under 170'C for about 60 minutes. Leave the cake inside the oven for another 30 minutes, then put into the fridge overnight before cutting (I skip this step though).



The end product. Simply cheesylicious!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Doughnut balls
Ingredients:
400g flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tablespoon butter
100g sugar
1 egg
80ml milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
vegetable oil for frying
icing sugar

Steps:
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. Beat the butter, and then add in sugar, followed by egg.
3. Add in milk and vanilla extract.
4. Slowly pour in mixture step 1 and mix til the dough holds together. Cover and chill for about 2 hours. (I waited 1 hour only, works fine for me too)
5. Scoop a spoonful of batter and fry til it become golden brown. Repeat til you have finish all the batter.
6. Sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
It taste just like doughnuts xD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Pudding bread
Ingredients: (this is a 'slumble' recipe, you can use any amount you like)
-breads
-2 egg
-milk
-melted butter

Steps:
1. In a baking mould, tear a few slices of bread.


2. Pour some melted butter, egg and milk on top. Be careful not to pour too much milk cause it'll become too watery. If you have sweet tooth, you can add in some sugar syrup.


3. Then bake under 200'C  for about 30 minutes. For decorations, you can sprinkle some chocolate chips or raisins on top.

Tada! Super easy! 

I am indeed surprise that my baking mojo is here for quite some time! I realize I can give up my nap time and get busy in the kitchen when the mojo is really really here ^^

Hope you enjoy reading! =)

53 comments:

  1. wow, I simply love all of them. I must try to bake the cheese cake. The last time I baked cheese cake was about 10 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was contemplating cheesecake earlier on today...but just realised that I can only make none bake cheesecake. My baked ones ALWAYS screw up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look so tempting!!! especially the Pudding bread and baked cheese cake!!!I haven't touch my oven since we bought, hope tat someday I can really make it useful!haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, look forward to read about your baking post!

      Delete
  4. Pudding cake 好像很简单,找机会试试看 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not bake for quite sometimes liao...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's yummy! The cheesecake is tempting my palate now.

    P.S. Did you buy that stainless steel mold in the bakery? I've been looking for the same type of mold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's available at bakery shop, quite a lot to choose some more.

      Delete
  7. Baking can be fun... but for me only if the recipe is simple enuf LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo...I love bread pudding. My daughter's been baking too. Watch out for the post - coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhhh...look at that Cheesecakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 你很勤力啦!你老公及aden很有口福,呵呵。
    我最近很忙,肯定没有时间去动我的烤箱了,可怜的烤箱在哭泣 xD
    那个面包布丁我想做,上次跟Natalie拿食谱了,在看看你的,有空我再来做做看^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy! I love baked cheese cake and butter cake most. It has been awhile since my last baking session. Lazy already. You're so hardworking la, ur hubby got 口福. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try the cheesecake. So sinful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baking does sound fun over there! And can be stress reliever too. :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice Hayley! Good job.. I never know how to bake yet.. maybe 20 years later I'll try hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  15. 只要我家的面包快过期,就会出现面包布丁这道甜品,说真的!要够甜才好吃!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯,对阿,所以可以加糖!

      Delete
  16. pudding bread 口感如何?
    我还在等我的烤箱飞来〜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 口感很nice啊!吃得到面包,也有鸡蛋的香味!

      Delete
  17. wow, you really bake a lot!! hmmm, must be when you were playing peek-a-boo with Aden.. because you knew he sure hide in the closet, so you took your time to bake while he hides~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the first one, soft cheese cake!! this one is one of my favorite!! i like this very much, more than those really cheesy cheesecakes.. if you recall, AEON sells this type of cheesecake, i super love and can hantam the whole cake all by myself, hahaha, but of course not at one time lah.. :D

      Delete
    2. the second one, hahaha, by looking at the photo i cannot recognise that as any donuts lah, looks like 笑口棗 more lor!! when it comes to donut, i actually like the most basic sugar ring the most lah.. those fancy fancy ones, not really like them.. the simplest is always the best :)

      Delete
    3. the third one, bread and butter pudding.. yeah, kind of like this also.. but then cannot eat this a lot because very easily "jelak" and stuffed up one.. but you didn't have the vanilla sauce for it, and i believe you also didn't make it too sweet lah.. :)

      Delete
    4. SK, well if I really did that when Aden was hiding, I can call myself a super super mom already! LOL!

      Yea I know, I saw it before, mine can compete with that leh, kakaka :p

      Haha same here, I prefer traditional types of doughnuts, don't like those from Big Apple or J&co.

      Right, pudding bread, cannot eat too much at one go, really very filling one.

      Delete
  18. 你走向了一条非常棒的不归路!
    会烘焙的女人特别有魅力,所以你是魅力女人,哈!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈夸奖了啦!
      我烘焙是因为贪吃,LOL! xD

      Delete
  19. Wow..all your bakes are yummy looking. Geng lah you. I will never sacrifice my nap time for baking..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 我只能说,你真的是大大勤劳!虽然是不归路,却是非常棒的不归路,你老公和孩子以及家人们都大大有口福!加油!你很棒!

    ReplyDelete
  21. pudding bread 好容易!
    你的烘焙功夫越来越厉害了!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯,真的很容易,你也可以试试看!

      Delete
  22. ohhh, u make me wanna bake jor XD too bad I got no time to bake :P

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...I like that bread pudding!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like all, especially the cottony cheesecake! Too bad I suck at baking... luckily over here I can still buy some really good cheesecakes at very reasonable prices :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too suck at it in the beginning.. But practice makes perfect ma!

      Delete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)