Friday, September 20, 2013

Trip to Scandinavia 2013: Stave church in Lom, Norway

Continuation of my Norway travelogue.

We passed by a small historical town called Lom during the Norway trip.
Basically just for toilet break and tea break, but most importantly is to witness the unique stave church here.

Photo taken from inside the coach, very beautiful isn't it? I still have loads of scenic photos to share, if you're still interested, do stay tuned

This is what I was talking about, traditional stave church that uses free standing inner columns to support a raised section in the ceiling of the main nave

The view surrounded the church is super nice too!

If I remember correctly, temperature this day was around 8'C. My legs weren't covered but it was quite tolerable, as the sun is hot

Actually the grass field in front of the church is already an attraction to me, hehe~

My current FB profile picture. Can't find grasses like this in Malaysia, where they are short and clean, with no cow shits on them :p

We only walked on the outside of the church

Hubby and friends doing their jumps

Norway is really a beautiful country, if not because of its high living costs, I'll really consider to migrate here when I get older! xD

I reckon my mood will turn good whenever I see these greenery photos ;)

There's a lake nearby too

While on the way to a nearby cafe, I spotted some beautiful flowers on a bridge.......

..... and when look down from the bridge, this is what I saw. Clean river water!

Tauke besar treated us some coffees and hot chocolate

And ice cream too! Having ice cream on a cold day is actually quite nice~

After the tea break, it's time to say good bye to Lom, and continue to the next destination which I'll blog later on

These were the 3 buses we used in Norway. Guess I was in which bus? (No prize for guessing it right though :p)


Til then, have a happy weekend!

Relevant travelogue: 

46 comments:

  1. Really beautiful scenes...
    Only seen those greenery pictures from movies!
    Love it so much!!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, three coaches! Must be a big tour group. You must be in the A coach.

    Norway is indeed beautiful..full of greenery. I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every single photo here i guess you are in coach B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or i guess you are in none of the coaches cos you are outside taking photo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old churches. No photos of the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 照片很漂亮,那邊的風景/景點都會讓人抹煞很多菲林!aww,喜歡你指甲的顏色。呵呵

    雖然8度,但是太陽那麼大,幫你緩和一下冷天的氣候。應該會舒服溫暖。

    ReplyDelete
  7. 我也觉得冬天吃冰淇淋很赞,好久没有体会了。
    这地方很美,同意你说的,我也觉得国外的草好笑比较美,哈。

    ReplyDelete
  8. 我也是超级喜欢在冷天吃冰淇淋!!!!
    这个国家真的很美!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 那些草真的很绿油油,坐在上面欣赏风景真的很赞!冷天吃冰真的很爽一下的hor.

    这些风景感觉很梦幻酱,很美

    ReplyDelete
  10. 8℃ and your legs are not covered must have very thick skin then haha just kidding. Bananaz would be shivering all over already. You are in bus 'B' saw you waving with peace sign too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes I have thick skin xD

      Nope, was in coach A.

      Delete
  11. Nice entrance to the wooden structure of the church. Aiya sayang no pixz of the church from inside.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice place...

    Your hubby look a bit like one of my friend, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful scenery! Salute you for wearing so less at temperature 8c. Thumb up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the beautiful scenarios...everything looks so fresh and clean there. You can really tahan cold! I feel like I'm already frozen at any temp below 10C...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I can eat ice cream on a cold day. I shall try it tonight. I'll switch on my air-cond and eat my ice cream. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cow shit? I'd be more worried about stepping on dog poo in Malaysia! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Did you get to enter the church and learn its history or something?

    ReplyDelete
  18. so nice, having toilet break at this nice place!! sounds so classy lah, usually when joining group tour, toilet breaks are usually at some petrol stations.. hahaha!! great itinerary indeed.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really beautiful view all over the place.. must be a very relaxing afternoon though you need to sit in the coach to go to another place.. love the church and the green, feel so comfortable looking at them, plus a hot sun under a 8°C weather, nice combination i'd say..

      Delete
    2. not bad huh, having piping hot coffee as well as the cold ice-cream.. really 冰火雙享受!! hehehe..

      Delete
    3. wah, guess which coach you were in?? that's actually quite a challenging trivia lor.. haha!! luckily you just asked it for fun with no prize, else (the uncle me) sure need to crack my head already~~ :D

      Delete
    4. Yep, usually petrol station is the toilet stop, haha xD

      Yes, everything is so beautiful here!

      Haha just ask for fun la!

      Delete
  19. Lovely photos. The surroundings are really beautiful and green! I think you are in Coach A.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 照片像post card,风景都好漂亮!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 好蔚蓝的天,暖阳下的8度,应该还是挺舒服,只要不刮大风。
    冷天吃冰淇淋是必有一番享受的~^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like wooden churches but have not seen many yet.

    Greetings,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice scenes...
    can relax after see those greenery

    ReplyDelete
  24. The view is spectacularrrrrr~~~~~

    Haha, I so need a vacation right now and all these beautiful pics make me wanna scream. I NEED A HOLIDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 我喜欢那个教堂!
    教堂周围很美!!!大自然的美增添了教堂一份灵性感。
    哈哈哈哈哈哈!!笑呱我了!!这里或许可以找到这样美丽的草,但是也可能有牛屎哈哈哈!!!
    那时那里几度??你穿得很清凉!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The wooden church is so beautiful that I have to pause a while to see the details..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  27. So true about green grass and no shit on them...hehehehe. I can only roll on the grass happily at home:P

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Lom Lom! What a nice name!

    I often heard that many places in Europe have clean environment like how you described the clear sparkling clean waters beneath the bridge! I am very curious about their short and green spotless grass too. Is that why people say the grass is always greener over the fence? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  29. makes me feeling travel over there and look how is the surrounding at the stave church! > . <

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg, the scenery is niceeee. maybe cause the grass is so green like what u said. hahaha! ice cream is a must when traveling!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)