Hello hello! Greetings from my naughty boy! In case if you miss him (or you've forgotten his face), here's the latest picture of him. Yep, surely the BIG boss at home ;D
Time flies and today, he is 17 months, 1 week and 4 days old. Few more weeks and he'll be one and a half years old! :0
Time to submit his progress now~
1. Aden is a very busybody boy. Just like the saying, monkey see monkey do. If he sees us sweeping/mopping the floor, he'll pick up the broom and do the same (actually he is only creating more mess for us to clean up =_=). When he sees us killing the mosquitoes with the mosquitoes racket, he'll do the same as well (though sometimes he get shocked by the racket 'piak' sounds).
2. Well, I can't say he's a gentle toddler. I've seen my friend's kids who is almost Aden's age can sit quietly, and make not much noise. But my son is totally the opposite. To me his face already can tell how samseng he is.
I know, being active means he is healthy, but as much as I want him to be healthy and to grow up soon, I secretly wish he's tiny enough for me to hold in my arms, ahh I miss the new born him so much!!
3. He surprises us with lots of funny silly stunts each day. One day I found him clearing out all his toy cars from the paper box and tried to sit in it. He end up tearing the box cause obviously, the box is too small for his body >.<
4. Anyway, Aden is surely a fast leaner. He can understand what we say generally, and he'll do what we asked him to (most of the times, like pick up the toy from the floor, put back the book to the shelf, holding our hands when walking outside and etc), the only thing is that he's not good in speaking yet.
His favorite words are still 'mam mam' and 'ma ma'. Other than that are all his baby language. I was a bit concerned about this slow talker at first, but seems like it's normal for a toddler to speak properly after the age of 2? Well, we shall see.
5. Aden had shared my birthday twice and even though it's not posh celebration, I am thankful for having him around.He is getting more and more active and it's quite impossible to have a nice and quiet meal outside these days. He just can't sit still on his high chair, always wanna stand up or climb to the table.
6. He doesn't know how to show his thumbs up when we asked him 'is it good?', instead he shows his index finger like this to show that something is 'good good' ;)
7. Aden has about 17 teeth so far and honestly, I am pretty surprise with it. Had been teaching him to brush his teeth on his own. Potty training wasn't a real success yet, we are both working on it ;)
8. Favorite activity is still hide and seek but this time around he chooses new place to hide (not at mummy's wardrobe anymore), like this one, the store corner at the living room. Open and close the door by himself and hide inside, waiting for us to find him.
It's dark inside but obviously he is not afraid of dark.
9. This boy has bad temper just like his dad. If he wants something, he wants it right away. If not, he'll throw his tantrum, and drag you towards that thing. He not only cry, but scream his lungs out >.<
10. Been bringing him to swim very often. He can walk freely in the baby pool (just 2 feet high), and splash water. Soon we will bring him to the adults pool and teach him more swimming. He loves water very much!
11. Kids will be kids, Aden likes anything sweet. Of course, we don't allow him to eat too much sweet stuff. Candies below are all given by the people during the Nine Emperor God festival last week.
Still create lots of mess for me, just cleaning up his mess is a great exercise for me already. Guess I can skip my yoga lesson already, LOL!
12. Samseng boy has move a level up by climbing the gate by himself, but he doesn't know how to get down properly hence fell off a few times. He cried a bit, got back up, and then climb again =_=" Seriously I am speechless with his action these days. I raise white flag, I surrender.
13. He has totally no stranger anxiety, but even so, he won't let everyone to carry him.
He is 11.3kg now, 78cm tall. Speaking of height, I notice he din't grow taller at all for the past 2 months T__T I hope he doesn't inherit mummy's genes in terms of height. (珊，Aden也是矮冬瓜一个)
Not much changes in terms of nap and feeding. But he did become more fussy when it comes to food lately, one minute he likes porridge and the next he doesn't! He is so unpredictable!! Hubby and myself aren't choosy when it comes to food but this boy is totally opposite. But then he's still a glutton boy, snacks a lot everyday.
I got to go Google for toddler's food ideas these days and hopefully this is just a phase.....
14. I've always wanted Aden to have those mushroom hair style but because his hair is growing slow, I could only ask the hair dresser to trim his hair little by little. This time, the hair dresser managed to trim more at the sides and back, so looks kinda 'mushroom' to me, haha xD
By the way, Aden is very terrified of haircut, he'll cry and scream and move his head non stop, nothing can calm him down, not even food or iPhone >.<
As he is growing up, it's important how we the parents teach and guide him everyday. Every parents want the best for their kids so do I. One kid is enough for me at the moment, as I hope to shower him with more loves and care (actually the main reason is I got not enough time, so busy looking after him and sometimes we even bath together to save time xD).
That's all I can think of now.
Til we meet again. Ciao~