Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BFF trip to Bangkok 2013: The food post

Bangkok is not only a heaven for the men shopping but also food! I've actually Google and blog hopping beforehand to see what's worth to eat at Bangkok, can only chose the most popular ones as we were there for only 4 days 3 nights, a very rush trip.

I've filtered out those food we ate during the trip which I think worth mentioning.

@ Food court, Platinum Mall
Green curry chicken rice

Beef noodles

Fruit crepe

The food court is so big here in Platinum Mall, hundreds of tables are provided but almost all are occupied.


Dessert @ Swensen, Platinum Mall


(pale looking face, first day after touching down)
Swensen is not in my itinerary, we decided to go here instead of Mr Jones Orphanage at Siam Center cause of the location. Siam Center is further away from where we stay, but Platinum Mall is just about 10 minutes walk from the hotel.
End up, no regrets! Much cheaper and yummier compared to Malaysia.


T&K seafood, Chinatown 
(It's easier to get here by metered cab)






By far the most satisfying meal we had ;) Can't recall the price but I think it's about RM 50 including drinks, very reasonable, the seafood was fresh! It was raining heavily this night we almost cancelled the trip to Chinatown, luckily we din't! But since it was near 10pm when we got there so most shops were closed, hence I din't know is there any nice place to shop around. What I saw was a big food store called Lin Zhen Xiang (林真香) and some road stalls selling food and drinks, and some traffic as well ;)


Mango glutinous rice @ floating market
A trip to Thailand is not complete without a taste of their famous mango glutinous rice ;)


Somtam @ Siam Square Soi 5
(We followed the map and managed to locate this shop, not too difficult, as long as you are at the Siam Square area, look for the signboard Soi 5)


Deep fried spicy fish

Spicy pork belly soup

Green papaya salad

Such a hot lunch! I was seriously sweating though it's an air-conditioned restaurant. But I have to say this is worth trying, especially if you like spicy food


Mango Tango @ Siam Square Soi 5
(Not hard to locate since it's just near Somtam)



I miss their mango desserts!! So sweet, juicy and simply delicious!! But the cafe is extremely small til everyone is sitting so close next to each other ;)


Kane mochi @ Asiatique


I have not taste the one at KL but my pal Crystal it's nice, and it is slightly cheaper too! Sweet dessert after our dinner at Asiatique.


Not much food eh? Cause this trip is all about shopping (and walking as well)! But in order to have energy to shop must at least eat a bit also la! :p
This trip we eat quite a bit, but I think we walked even more than what we eat. So I din't put on any weight after I came back, haha xD

Next up, our birthday dinner at the tallest building in Thailand, do stay tune ;)

Relevant travelogue:

68 comments:

  1. Salivating at the food pics and I'm really curious to try glutinous rice in Thailand. I havent been to Thailand so .. :( Cant wait to see your shopping loot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea that glutinous rice is yummy!

      Ok, do stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward on your next post!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm?? so fast you are posting about the food you had in BKK already?? looks like this is gonna be a very short series woh, haha~~ :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wah, researched about what to eat somemore.. errr, i kind of miss their braised pork knuckle rice leh, and i asked a Thai friend how to order and i still remember it's "ka moo mai ao nang".. ka moo means pork rice, and i specifically asked for no fat and skin which is mai ao nang.. hehehe!! :p

      Delete
    2. the food all very yummy lor, i am more interested to try those hot dishes (not really the desserts besides the kao niao mak mong - sweetened glutinous rice with mango).. the green curry chicken rice, the beef noodles, the fried rice, the papaya salad, the tomyam!!! fuyoh, all make me drooling now lah~~

      Delete
    3. one more thing i miss was the BK pork burger!! they allow you the option to have either beef or pork patty, the last time i went i was surprised and of course i opted for pork patty - double cheese grilled pork burger!! very very delicious, i very 想念 that lah~~ :D

      Delete
    4. SK, yep not a long travelogue since I went for only 4D3N.

      Oh, I don't quite like the knuckle rice, hehe~

      Yea all the food you mentioned is indeed yummy!

      Yep, their McD samurai pork burger is something cannot be missed! I had that in the airport (forgot to take picts). How I wish Msia have this too! LOL!

      Delete
  4. oh my! since when u went bangkok? I am so outdated lol XD

    feel like to thailand again . . . :x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我大愛泰國菜!!看了好餓!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drooling over your food. Slurp.

    Hope able to go next year. Suppose to go this year but postpone due to my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, hopefully your wish come true! hehe~

      Delete
  7. Just had my Thai food fix for lunch at Amarin. Hehehe

    Yummm yummm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything sure looks drool-worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 每一个来一份pls 〜 我很喜欢泰国餐

    ReplyDelete
  10. 你很衰!!勾起我的伤心事,人家本来明天要出发去曼谷庆生,逼不得已要burn掉机票,呜呜呜~~T_T

    曼谷所有食物我si beh怀念,Swensen、T&K海鲜、芒果糯米饭、鸡饭等等好多!!你去Asiatique有坐摩天轮没?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哎哟我知道了。。没办法啦,下次再补回咯!

      哦没有咧,没时间,因为我们要血拼!:p

      Delete
  11. Oh my, making me hungry at this hour. Everything looks so inviting to me cos I love Thai food!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry for making you hungry but those food are really yummy.

      Delete
  12. wow, you really enjoy the food over there. I must make a trip to bangkok too one day to try all those food. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You eat so nice food. Looking so good in the picture.
    U.S madethermal bags Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  14. Able to travel with your best friend is the best thing to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Drooling plus-plus!!! I absolutely love Thai! Slurps..... Oooo...the mango pulut dessert! My favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 泰國餐真的非常好吃。

    我超愛他們的芒果糯米,還有那個chinatown的海鮮,我上次去也有吃,還好不會很貴 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对,那边的海鲜满新鲜,价格也很公道。

      Delete
  17. Seeing all the foods makes me drooling... hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  18. 流口水啊~
    我超级爱吃泰国餐的!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Drooling over your food... especially the Mango glutinous rice, slurp!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yer!!!!我好想去曼谷!!!>_<
    我觉得我去曼谷一定肥到很够力回来!因为食物都很对我胃口!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈你先去远的,接着再去近的咯!

      Erm也很难讲啦,因为得走很多嘛!那边天气又热,很会流汗,所以应该不会肥很多pun~

      Delete
  21. 我看到甜品,甜品!!还有海鲜!!呵呵~~

    ReplyDelete
  22. 回国体重有飚吗?看到都流口水。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈还好耶!没有怎样,因为都有走很多,和流汗很多。

      Delete
  23. I have to agree that there's plenty of food there.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all the food you posted. It made me hungry while reading this post. My tummy started to croak like a frog Grrrr Grrrr Grrrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is nice to see you having a BFF traveling with you! Guys won't do that.

    I love the spicy fish and mangoes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha guys sure will do that too, but not for food or shopping lo, you know what I mean? Wakaka!! xD

      Delete
  26. 食物很 tempting. See until drooling, haha... slurrrrp!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Drooling over the food. Swensen ice-cream a must try when go Thailand hor.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am certainly looking forward to some Thai street food experiences in Bangkok...though I need to make sure there is no papaya cross contamination...

    ReplyDelete
  29. gonna catchem all! LOL! (inspire from pikachu)

    dam all looks so sibeh tasty wei! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how many kg u gain in this trip? XD XD XD XD (just kidding)

      Delete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)