Saturday, November 16, 2013

Blueberry muffins & French yogurt cake

Just a short post today, as I am quite busy right now.
And I know many of you (especially the mummies) are on your way to your holidays! Perhaps not many people are blog hopping today ;)

Back to the topic, blueberry muffins are something I wanted to bake for so long but kept on procrastinating, actually I love blueberry but I prefer to eat it on its own, rather than making it into juice/cakes.
Anyway, here's my easy recipe to make the yummylicious blueberry muffins.

Ingredients:
190g plain flour, 
2 eggs, 
1/2tbsp baking powder, 
180g caster sugar, 
150g fresh blueberries, 
125ml milk, 
1 tsp vanilla extract, 
40g butter (softened), 
pinch of salt
Steps: (preheat oven to 200'c) 1. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. 2. In a separate bowl, mix milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter, whisk together but remember not to over mix. 3. Make a well in mixture 1, then slowly pour in mixture 2, lastly fold in the blueberries. 4. Bake at 200'c for about 20 mins or when the muffins turn golden brown.



Though blueberries are not cheap, I try not to be too stingy with them, haha xD


French yogurt cake

Ingredients:
190g flour
2 tsp baking powder
120g caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
120g Greek yogurt (I can't find Greek yogurt at the mini market near my house so I use normal yogurt)
50g vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Steps:
1. Whisk flour and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the sugar with grated lemon zest.
3. Add yogurt, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
4. Whisk to blend then fold in dry ingredients. \
5. Pour into loaf pan, oiled and floured.
6. Bake in the oven for 55 minutes, under 170'c. Let cool for 15 minutes.



I don't have a smaller loaf pan so my cake is kinda thin

But I think baking is like cooking, sometimes you don't have to follow exactly what people is doing, you need to be creative. Though my cakes are thin, when I stake 2 slices together, and even spread some cream in the middle, it makes a more attractive tea time dessert, right? =)


Til then, enjoy your weekend folks!

61 comments:

  1. French yogurt cake sounds good. Oh dear!!! It cracked so badly...or is it supposed to look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Hayley, now you are making me drool... I am a dessert addict! I think I better go Secret Recipe to get a piece this evening.... to satisfy the "yearning" .. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, high 5! I love desserts too!! Hehe~

      Delete
  3. i love blueberry too!! not so much into muffins
    but blueberry danish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blueberries cupcake looks good! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 我要蓝莓的外带3粒,谢谢!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All nice and yummy with a cup of hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffin!!!!!!! 不知道我的烤箱几时才能变这些蛋糕出来, 该去入手一个mixer回来了哈哈!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea to stack up your thin cake to make "double decker". So pandai you :) The blueberry muffins look so yummy! But I prefer to eat my blueberries fresh too. Since they are expensive and heat destroys vitamins, it's like very wasteful to bake them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. French yogurt cake,很流口水的名词!!
    没有试过

    ReplyDelete
  10. where do you get your recipes from? :) or ist all self inspired?

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, school holidays started and i guess you are right, some parents are already enjoying their holidays with the kids, or maybe on the way or going to.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love berries, all kinds of berries.. on their own or made into juices or anything, dunno why, just love them, hahaha!! and these blueberry muffins are sure something i like~~

      Delete
    2. you are indeed VERY generous with your blueberries with the muffins lah.. outside ones just use blueberry jams (barely see any blueberry) but you are not putting one blueberry but A FEW blueberries in one muffin.. that's loaded, i loike~~ :D

      Delete
    3. haha, you called it FRENCH yoghurt cake but then you are using GREEK yoghurt?? hehe, kind of funny but i know this joke is not funny at all lah.. i love the way you got creative to stack to pieces of the cake and sandwich some cream in between!! nice idea, and actually should put yoghurt instead hor if you have extra..

      Delete
    4. cooking or baking, i think as long as you are making something to eat or drink, improvise and being creative is sure more fun.. cooking/baking is an art and not science, so don't have to follow the recipe and measurement exactly lah.. agak-agak and follow what your heart thinks :)

      Delete
    5. Same here, I love all berries!

      Haha, I am that generous :p

      Hehe, that's just the name la, not important =)

      Agree, don't have to follow everything exactly!

      Delete
  12. My favorite muffffinnnssss!!!!! Sorry if I have gone a little hyper, Hayley. It's just that I tend to melt whenever I see cakes or muffins.

    Don't worry about not being able to visit us often, Hayley. We understand. =) Even I can feel my legs glued in the pile of assignments that have grown over the weeks. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I posted too fast. >.<

      What I wanted to add in the previous comment is that your muffins looks really tasty. My Mom will kill me if I use all of the blueberries in the baking, man. =/

      Delete
  13. Another great bakes from your kitchen again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That French greek yogurt cake sounds interesting to me. I think you can get the greek ones from Tesco. Because the normal yogurt we always have is more watery that is why your cake look a bit damp. Greek one is much more thicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looking forward for more interesting bakes from you.

      Delete
    2. I know, Tesco sure got.
      But I din't go Tesco that time, just dropped by the nearest mini market.

      Delete
  15. Nice baking. Yogurt cake, this is very special. I like your blueberries muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to korek lubang and hide liao

    ReplyDelete
  17. your muffin looks so delicious. Can courier some over ka?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmmmn!!! I love your cake and muffins! I buy them every week and you can imagine how much I spent on them! Your hubby is lucky to have a baker at home!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, but he is not much into cakes...

      Delete
  19. You are such a good baker. How do you find time to bake since your boy is so sticky to you hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum look after Aden while I bake ;)

      Delete
  20. Oh dear! they looks nice!! is in my bookmark dy! haha~ thank you for sharing!! =D
    love the blueberry muffins especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Blueberries are definitely not cheap! Yums.. they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 你好勤力,Aden最幸福了,呵呵!
    Blueberry muffins我想尝试!^^
    我也觉得有时自己调一调那些食谱也很不错^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对阿。。不一定要着原本的食谱。。

      Delete
  23. Do u use hand whisk or machine ? Btw, your cakes look great. U r creative too to stack up your cakes to make them look 'taller'.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)