Monday, November 4, 2013

Movie review: Thor the Dark World

Image source

Starring: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Christopher Eccleston

I've just checked, the last time I watched a movie in the cinema was in July, that's about 4 months ago!! :0
Well, it's either there's no nice blockbuster lately, or it's because I am super busy (I think the latter reason makes more sense :p)

Anyway, I din't watch the first episode of Thor, but know a little bit of the story through The Avengers. And I've heard quite a few positive reviews from friends about this movie, so hubby and I went for our movie date yesterday.

Here's the synopsis taken from IMDB:
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

The story line is kinda so so to me, as it jumps between Thor's world and the real modern world. But I am amused by some of the hilarious scenes, especially when Loki turns himself into Captain America xD

And speaking of Loki the bad guy, I don't like him in The Avengers, as he is so evil! But in this episode, he seems to change to become better but in the end, I felt a bit disappointed when he dies, luckily it was just part of his trick, hehe~

And I have to say I like the computer graphics thing! They makeAsgard and everything looks super beautiful! 

All in all, we both enjoyed our little movie date ;)

Rating: 7/10

49 comments:

  1. i only wanna watch Chris Hemsworth. haha.

    I actually enjoyed the first movie so look forward to this sequel. The last time I catch a movie in cinema? That was in June. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes he is quite good looking ;)

      Haha, almost like me, 3-4 months din't step into cinema already.

      Delete
  2. How nice to go on a movie date with your hubby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 这个我要看~~~~~~~~~~~
    我先不看你写的,因为我不要知道剧情~~~~~~~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the ad on tv..looks very interesting but I don't have chance to go for movies lor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not bad!
      Oh, must be busy with your 2 princesses~

      Delete
  5. It has been a long while since going to the movies... now more addicted to Astro On Demand.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know!! AOD is quite interesting too~

      Delete
  6. oh, i am going to watch this tomorrow.. booked my ticket last Thursday already, because my credit card got free tickets on Thursday mah.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. errr, i actually don't have high expectation on the storyline lah, cos all these superhero movies mostly talk about the same thing only.. i guess it's the actions and computer graphics that make the whole movie interesting lor..

      Delete
    2. aiyoh, kind of read your review and a little spoiler, haha!! never mind lah, you also didn't reveal a lot.. and surprise that you said Loki becomes a good guy?? errr, helping Thor is it??

      Delete
    3. but Loki died in the end?? errr, i guess if the movie receives good response and the company is going to have the 3rd movie, i am sure they will find ways to resurrect Loki and make up a story again~~ haha!! :D

      Delete
    4. no, he didn't die. It's a nice movie. I'm sure you will love it.

      Delete
    5. Your credit card always got free tickets geh? So nice!

      Haha, you're right, they talk about similar stuff.

      Erm I don't wanna tell you in details, you watched for yourself, but remember to stay til the end ya! ^^

      Delete
  7. It was a break for me after Deepavali to watch the movie with both my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched with my fam too. A very nice movie. Worth the pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi 55!我也是给那个LOKI的无厘头,弄到哭笑不得!
    觉得他有抢走THOR的风头!哈哈哈哈~Captain America那一幕笑瓜我!

    妳有没有stay到最后一个scene??!那个Thor还有倒回来kiss女主角,
    然后那只dinasour那边追鸟的scene??!很多人错过了哪!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对阿,Captain America 那一幕,哈哈!xD

      哦还有最后一个scene 哦?我都没看到!只看到他们把cube 交给一个怪人那边罢了!Ho....

      Delete
  10. 话说Hayley,我上星期看了妳的保养篇后,败了两支Cure natural aqua gel回家...orz....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. No, thank you...not into TV, not into movies...anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then what are you into these days?? Cooking? ;)

      Delete
  12. Its so good that we caught round 2 over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You shd watch the first Thor, then u see the real chemistry between Thor and Dr Jane Foster. And Darcy the assistant is really hilarious! lol. i think most girls fell in love with Loki in this Thor installment, he is like the bad boy that every girl yearns to date once in their lives. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, only if I can find that extra times to watch part I.
      Yes, Darcy is cute!!
      LOL, you're right, he's bad but kinda cute too~

      Delete
  14. 做么你每次都这样快的!!!yer第一集我有看,所以这集我很想看!也打算带着佟b去看哈哈哈!!!
    结果读到结局谁死掉料xD 还好主角没有死就好=p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哦,不过有点暴力,不懂佟b看了会不会不舒服或者发梦呢?

      哈哈其实那几个重要的角色都没死啦!

      Delete
  15. The last I watched a movie was several days before Ayden was born. Now... know nothing about the latest movies. Wished to watch Thor though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha never mind, it takes some times for you to catch up with movie world these days~

      Delete
  16. Yeah I watch this too during the holiday. The Loki yet die, wonder where is the king. I'm sure very soon part 3 will coming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha my hubby also waiting for part 3, me, ok ok only, keke~

      Delete
  17. Only once in a while go movie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loki certainly added some good laugh into the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)