Orange pound cake:
200g unsalted butter
200g plain flour + 1 tsp baking powder
Fresh orange juice (bout 50ml)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter with sugar til fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time. Then add in vanilla extract.
3. Sift plain flour with baking powder and pour half in. Continue whisking til smooth.
4. Add in orange juice, followed by the other half of the flour, then the orange zest. Combine everything til smooth.
5. Pour the batter into baking pan, bake in the preheated oven (180'c) for 50-60 minutes.
This cake goes so well with a cup of Lipton tea! =]
Made this specially for hubby's birthday last Friday ;) Well he isn't a fan of Oreo, but I had no idea what else to bake, I din't want something too complicated, nor too easy :p
Anyway here's the ingredients:
200g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
240g caster sugar
3tsp baking powder
80g unsalted butter
2tsp vanilla extract
16 whole Oreo's
1. Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and salt into a bowl give it all a whisk around.
2. In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar together until it combines then add the vanilla extract and the eggs 1 at a time whisking them in slowly.
3. Alternately add the milk and flour and bring it all together,adding any remaining flour at the end.
4. Place a piece of Oreo at the cupcake cases.
5. Pour the batter into cupcake cases, covering the Oreo's and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven (180'c).
For the cream topping:
150g softened unsalted butter
350g sifted icing sugar (I reduced to 250g)
1tsp vanilla extract
3 or 4 crushed Oreo's
1. Crush Oreo using food processor or in a bag.
2. Beat the butter and icing sugar and vanilla together for a good few minutes until it becomes very smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the milk a little at a time if you find the consistency a little too thick.
4. Mix in a spoonful at a time of the crushed Oreo's.
5. Continue beating til the texture is creamy, pour them into a piping bag and squeeze on top of the cakes.
6. Next put a piece of Oreo on top the cream topping.
(seriously, this cream batter is so finger licking good!! Sinfully yummy!)
Tada!! Really satisfied with this batch of Oreo cupcakes!
And this is how the bottom looks like
Something sweet and hearty for my darling <3
He loved it, so as my little man Aden ;)
Well, if you are wondering how we celebrate his birthday, we din't. Or may be we did, we just went for a simple dinner together at a hawker center, no fancy fancy restaurant, haha xD
But happiness can be as simple as that, right?
Here's our latest picture, was at a friend's wedding reception last Saturday, and no Aden wasn't tagged along =)