Monday, January 6, 2014

Body check up time/身体检查时间到!

Olla people!

How was your weekend? Hope it was a great one! I was away to KL with Aden and my parents for a few days hence the lack of updates. We went to the Doraemon expo in Viva Home and honestly, it was a bit disappointing. Anyway, I shall share more about that in the coming post.

By the way, I did not managed to reply every single comments recently but rest assured I read all of them, and I still know who are my loyal readers ;)

Few days before the trip to KL, I went for my annual body check up and collected the report. Well, as expected, there're good and bad news. 

大家好!终于有时间好好生文了!最近超忙(erm其实也没做什么大工程啦只不过Aden这只粘粘虫搞到我时间不够用!)!虽然说忙不过你们写给我的每个留言我都有看哦!在这里要谢谢大家这么久以来的支持!Arigatou~

上礼拜带了Aden和爸爸妈妈南下去KL看多拉A梦展!结果却有点失望。。不过还是有拍到照啦,迟些再跟大家分享~

上礼拜也做了身体检查,拿报告时心里已经在想不懂胆固醇会不会超标,结果。。。显nia~


The good news is, everything is normal in general (thank God!)
The bad news is, my cholesterol level is still here to kacau~ Still a bit higher than normal range :( However, I sorta did a bit comparison of the reading between year 2012 and this one and am glad to see that the reading has went down a little this time. But still, have to pay attention to it.

不过这次的reading比上一年好一点点啦!不过还是得多加注意咯!

庆幸的是,除了胆固醇做怪之外,其他的都很好,终算松了口气 ;)

上网找了些资料,除了燕麦之外,omega 3, 坚果类,西芹,果汁,橄榄油等等也很有帮助。当然适量的运动也不能忽略!

I Googled on top 5 food that helps reduce cholesterol level and this one comes at number one, 

oat. Have been consuming this daily for the past few months, guess I'll have to continue the diet.

Second on the list, fish and Omega 3 fatty acid. Got this free during the Norway trip last year but din't consume it since I already taking other supplements, was afraid too many supplements will do bad for my body! Guess I'll have to take this now, perhaps every alternate days.

Other food which helps in this case are for example olive oil, walnuts/almonds or other nuts, celery and natural juices. 
And not forgetting, exercising! 

你们呢?作了身体检查没?不要再把‘很忙,没时间’当借口咯!即使有些人看起来很瘦,即使你现在没感觉到什么不对劲,这也不代表体内没问题的。身体健康最重要,尽早把毛病找出来然后找方法解决吧!
大家一起加油!(Erm 应该说大家一起‘减油' 才对!xD)

Health is definitely my main concern ever since I become a mummy, since I am not only looking after the other half but also my son! 
Hope you do your check up regularly too and hope everything is fine =)

57 comments:

  1. Goodb to hear you're healthy only with a bit of high cholesterol. Stay healthy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oats help tremendously! May want to try out Kordel's oat bran. Its processed differently so it really helps to reduce the cholesterol more efficiently. Tried it on my hubby and its been good results for 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 我刚做了妇产科检查,新年后就做其他的身体检查咯!
    高胆固醇,运动和吃VC有效!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so you have been MIA in the blogsphere and went to the Doraemon Expo in KL!! how could you go there before i do, hahaha!! but i am taken aback when you said it was a little disappointing lah.. errr, too crowded with people and nothing much to see and like rushing you to go to the next section??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's good that you have your body checkup regularly.. and glad to hear that the report tells that you have good health in general.. hmmmm, higher cholesterol level?? ooopsss, i was a little surprise you got higher cholesterol level actually.. having too much "two people world" supper with your hubby?? :p

      Delete
    2. oh yeah, oat is good.. i have oats for breakfast every morning, and i also add in sunflower seeds, raisins and almonds then pour in hot water, and nothing more being added.. guess this is good for me huh since sometimes i also like to eat fattening food~~ :D

      Delete
    3. Haha how could you not been there yet since you're a big fan of Doraemon!!
      Not too crowded la, it's because it's quite boring, to me, shall share more in my coming post.

      Haha no leh, 我们很久都没有 'two people world' 了!I think I din't really control those oily food intake la! :(

      That's a very good practise! I guess your cholesterol level should be fine!

      Delete
  5. good to hear that..have a healthy diet and everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cholesterol level is so high they cannot give a reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyoyo! So scary man! I better not look at your food posts too much nanti my cholesterol also shoot up!!!!! Gah!!!

      Delete
    2. STP, wah..... But you seems very steady and calm! :0

      TM, hahaha, you better watch out! xD

      Delete
  7. My cholesterol is also kacau-ing me too! sigh... each day I try to drink two mugs of instant oats in the office but come weekend, I don't drink... I guess I have to continue too... must cut down oily food but always forget when the food is served in front, right?? hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Claire! There're just too much temptations around! xD

      Delete
    2. Exercise, on diet, take supplements or meds to lower it.

      Delete
  8. My cholestorel is always at the border line too. No choice! Who asks me to love taking high cholestorel food like brown cuttlefish, etc. hehee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here la, so that's why really must watch out..

      Delete
  9. Hello Hayley, good to know your report is fine. At least your cholesterol reading went down too. May it go down lower as you continue to eat oats and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mun.
      Yep, I will watch out for that.

      Delete
  10. Cholesterol is pretty common now, but as long as you control the bad cholesterol then it would be fine. Eat moderately and exercise regularly. The last time I checked up, my cholesterol is at boundary level but got to watch my diet properly.

    I think I also need to go for body check up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, it's quite common, but it's risky too, so must watch out for that.

      Delete
  11. I also just did mine last week . Try that product oat 25. It seems good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 恩,我也是预定了新年后要做身体检查了~~你去了那个叮当展哦?真的有失望吗?我正犹豫着,其实我也没有很迷它啦~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 个人觉得有点失望啦,就不是很有趣咯。。
      我会再详细的分享。

      Delete
  13. 你提醒了我,该安排时间去做全新一年身体检查了!这是对自己健康负责任的表现~^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. 我还没做~谢谢提醒~
    我常吃麦片,希望ok >_<

    原来你是带爸爸妈妈来KL,就奇怪做么你老公没来~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 那就赶快去做咯!希望你一切都好啦~

      对阿,老公做工嘛,就趁机会带爸妈去走走 ;)

      Delete
  15. This post got me worried and sweat a bit. I need to get my blood tests done soon!! I know I am not healthy at this age. I did take oats and fish oil when I had cholesterol issues and they really helped a lot. I think I am very greedy when comes to rich food. I do exercise in the gym often but I think I better watch my food instead. HELP!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes TM, better don't procrastinate since it's our health we're talking about. Prevention is always better than cure!
      As long as we take good care, things will eventually become better.

      Delete
  16. 每年body checkup真的很重要,谢谢提醒!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGG!! 我好想尖叫!妳放oats的盒子整个形状跟我的一模一样哪!哈哈!XD

    健康就是宝,要多多注意饮食均衡~!一起运动加油!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈是啊?xD

      嗯,大家一起努力!

      Delete
  18. 我没有云顶的习惯neh!!!!
    而且也好久没有检查过了

    让我紧张了一下,冒汗中

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 你是说运动吧?xD

      哈哈那么你还等什么呢?

      Delete
  19. good that you practice going for check up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my cholestrol also a bit high...gotta watch on food intake

      Delete
  20. You are very disciplined to go for health check up every year. Glad that overall result is good. Eat more natural unprocessed food to combat bad cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Me too, just done with my yearly checkup and report is ready but have no time to collect until after CNY :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. 等过年前去检查吧。。。也刚好有VOUCHER来得正是时候=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. 我做了。。。定期检查是必须的!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  24. 我拿了 voucher 还没有去做,要安排一下时间了~~
    我每次也是胆固醇超标,然后医生就会说要多运动,呵呵~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哦是啊,胆固醇真的很讨厌啦~

      Delete
  25. 我去年没有做检查,看来要尽快在婚前再一次全身检查了。我前年check了接近贫血,阿老还尿酸,看来要去check看如何了现在。

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)