This is one of my favorite CNY snacks, been wanting to bake my own pineapple tarts since last year! :p
Anyway, this is one first attempt in baking pineapple tarts and honestly, it din't turn out to be nice (I mean the shape) cause my dough wasn't 'hard' enough so I cannot roll them nicely into a ball shaped. But thank God the taste is there!
Now let's look at the ingredients:
(Yield about 100 pieces)
For the pastry:
100g condensed milk
2 egg yolks
For the pineapple filling:
1.5kg fresh pineapple
250g caster sugar
1. Blend the pineapple using food processor (I use normal blender), without adding any water.
2. Cook them over medium heat, keep stiring.
3. Add in sugar and continue to cook until the mixture becomes thick, takes about 1 hour.
Alternatively, for faster preparation, simply use the ready made pineapple filling ;)
For the egg wash:
1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon milk
1. Cream butter and milk, then add in egg yolk one at a time.
2. Add in flour.
3. Preheat oven to 180'C.
4. Roll pastry dough into small ball then flatten with palm.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the dough and wrap it up.
(For clearer picture please click HERE)
6. Glaze with egg wash.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or til the tarts is golden brown.
Fresh pineapples! It happens that I found 3 pineapples in the fridge so I decided to make my own pineapple filling...
But it takes me about 1 hour to cook the filling!! =_=" Next time, I'll use the ready made filling instead, haha xD
My end products
Though they doesn't look good from the outside, they sure taste nice! Really melt-in-the-mouth! <3