Sunday, January 26, 2014

Melt-in-the-mouth pineapple tarts

This is one of my favorite CNY snacks, been wanting to bake my own pineapple tarts since last year! :p

Anyway, this is one first attempt in baking pineapple tarts and honestly, it din't turn out to be nice (I mean the shape) cause my dough wasn't 'hard' enough so I cannot roll them nicely into a ball shaped. But thank God the taste is there! 

Now let's look at the ingredients: 
(Yield about 100 pieces)
For the pastry:
350g butter
100g condensed milk
500g flour
2 egg yolks

For the pineapple filling:
1.5kg fresh pineapple
250g caster sugar

Steps:
1. Blend the pineapple using food processor (I use normal blender), without adding any water.
2. Cook them over medium heat, keep stiring.
3. Add in sugar and continue to cook until the mixture becomes thick, takes about 1 hour.

Alternatively, for faster preparation, simply use the ready made pineapple filling ;)

For the egg wash:
1 egg yolk + 1 teaspoon milk

Steps:
1. Cream butter and milk, then add in egg yolk one at a time.
2. Add in flour.
3. Preheat oven to 180'C.
4. Roll pastry dough into small ball then flatten with palm.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the dough and wrap it up.
(For clearer picture please click HERE)
6. Glaze with egg wash.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or til the tarts is golden brown.

Fresh pineapples! It happens that I found 3 pineapples in the fridge so I decided to make my own pineapple filling...

But it takes me about 1 hour to cook the filling!! =_=" Next time, I'll use the ready made filling instead, haha xD

My end products

Though they doesn't look good from the outside, they sure taste nice! Really melt-in-the-mouth! <3

27 comments:

  1. But I try not to eat too much CNY snacks cos mostly are heaty and dry... scare get sore throat and cough, heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so capable, I don't know how to cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Hayley... I loves this, but this year, i am lazy to do any bakes... I bake pineapple tart before, but i use the filling bought from the bakery shop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so fantastic that you make your own pineapple tarts. I haven't learn this recipe. You are truly capable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pineapple tarts!

    Wish can have some right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 新鲜馅料的黄梨酥,你的家人好幸福噢!烘培店出售的黄梨馅都下了一定的防腐剂,这样黄梨酥才耐放。所以我敢肯定你新鲜馅的黄梨酥味道肯定很赞!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahhh...Hayley, you even made your own pineapple jam! Last time I used to bake the pineapple cookies but I bought the jam from outside.. I am sure yours are much better... yummms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, home cooked pineapple filling. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah, 說時遲拿時快!! you just mentioned about baking for CNY and now you have really started!! errr, i remember i was asking where did you find time to do that since Aden is so 黏~~ hahaha!! and you impressed me with this 入口即溶 pineapple tart!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister has done this before and really a lot of work lah, 多功到 she could spent whole day in the kitchen from morning till late night!! that is why she is not doing it now, just buy from outside lah, afterall also serve the guests only, no need so good and so 花心思 la~~ haha!!

      Delete
    2. i love this type pineapple tarts, those "wrapped-up" ones, more than those "one pile on the pastry" type, errr, you know what i mean right?? hahaha.. actually can make them square like those taiwanese 鳳梨酥, would be easier than making into balls right?? errr, just my thought lah, cos 方方正正 like that should be easier i guess :p

      Delete
    3. yummy lor your pineapple tart.. the pineapple stuffing and the pastry like already blended together woh, like that looks very yummy leh.. those that has very distinctive separation of the pineapple and pastry not so nice to me..

      Delete
  10. They sure look ummmmm....different! Did mamakucing send you any? I think [SK] got some, lucky bloke. Hers were so so so so good!!! So very nice! Too bad mine got "damaged" in transit, no thanks to poslaju... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's the point, being different is the key that makes my homemade pineapple tarts special! I don't see if there's anything wrong with being 'different'.
      Nope, mamakucing din't send me any but that's fine, since I already baked my own.

      Delete
  11. Hello Hayley,
    As long as the taste is there and taste good, the looks do not matter to me. It is the taste that counts. Yours sound so tasty. I wanna eat them! Would you be selling them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 我喜欢黄梨饼!好吃!你这款好像没吃过啊!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hayley, may I have your confinement lady Aunty Lisa's number? Sorry to post here, I couldn't find your email address. Thank you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pineapple tarts! Will give this recipe a try during the long CNY break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh my fav! Esp those nice soft filling with melting skin! ... Send me one tin! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..looks nice..sure taste nice too..

    ReplyDelete
  17. 好诱人的金黄色黄梨酥!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...looks good to me ! I love pineapple tarts too. Homemade are the best as u can adjust the sugar level. Outside bought are some too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This year I was lucky enough that Meow Mama made some for me.

    Happy Chinese New Year to you and family, Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wah...so yummy, I would like to have some, hehe!!! =]

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)