Aden will turns 2 next month, how time flies!! I really miss the newborn him *emo mode on* Anyway, I shall do a quick update on his progress before he turns 2!
1. Aden likes to mimic whatever we do, and by now can understand more instructions like 'cover your ears' (he likes to do this now). We also got him to clean up his toys every time after playing, though sometimes he do it halfway only but I won't give up in involving him to do chores ;)
2. Likes to play dress up, like wearing our clothes and glasses. He gets very action when he put on the glasses, and whenever we took a photo of him, he'll want to see the photo after that...
His vocabs widen quite a lot lately, by now he can recognise all of us and will greet us. He also has good memory of certain things, like the fruit shop we used to go, where the toy machines are in Tesco, where I keep his snacks, even can recognise FIL's shop when we pass by.
3. His latest hobby now is to play with the car steering wheel =_=' He won't miss it every morning, he even give up eating yogurt or snacks and lead me to the key box to take the car keys. Mummy is heartache seeing this little boy spin the new car's steering wheel like that, very rough some more :( But I always make a deal with him before allowing him to play with the wheels, which is to only play for a while, and when I ask him to get down, he has to get down no matter what. Well, sometimes he listens but sometimes he don't.
4. Does your child has a dovey? I think most kids do! Aden is no exception, he must hug his stinky pillow every time he sleeps, and even when he's not sleeping~ We call this pillow his 'bao bei' (means darling in Mandarin), he can say bao bei very precisely as well.
5. This fella likes milk very much, and I realise his appetite for milk grows tremendously lately. He can take 5oz milk and ask for it again after 2 hours =_= He will keep on saying nen nen nen nen and if I don't give, he'll starts to throw tantrums. I always say to him, 'lucky your daddy got money, or else, you got no milk to drink'. (Averagely, a tin of 900g milk powder lasts about 12 days, only)
He's still taking Bellamy's organic milk, I wonder is it because of the organic ingredients which makes him hungry quick?
Anyway, though he eats a lot, he poops a lot as well. Minimum twice daily.
6. Of course, besides milk, he's a glutton for food as well, basically any types of food la! We give him rice with soup, fruits, crackers, dessert occasionally like ice cream, junk food, soft drinks... (Ok I am getting more and more guilty as I type this :P).
Anyway, I am glad that he's not so choosy when it comes to food.
7. See his big belly? That's the consequences of being a glutton! Honestly, I am not sure how much he weighs now, the last weighing (which is about 2-3 months ago) was about 12kg. But one thing for sure, he's really heavy. Can't afford to carry him for more than 5 minutes, even daddy also surrender, haha!
But this boy has strong arms, can see his muscles at the arm, he can lift the bucket with water and pour them during bath time. Current height is about 84cm.
8. Aden has a major phobia of hair cut, I mean a real big phobia! He will start to pout then followed by loud scream and cry upon entering the salon. I have tried switch to other barber but to no avail. He seems to know something is not right when he sees the barber. I have no choice but to let his hair grow to this length now which sometimes people will mistaken him as a girl :(
Anyway, I did trim his hair myself, but can only do that when he sleeps, but because I am not a professional barber (xD), I'll just trim a little bit, haha!
Same thing goes to visiting the pediatrician, Aden will starts to cry when he enters the hospital/clinic. I have to sweet talk to him in order for him to calm down a bit, but most of the times I just let him cry and drag him into the room =_=
Well, life as a mother...............
Aden虽然很调皮不过也是胆小鬼一个！带他剪个头发简直是要了他的命！一进去理发店就会开始狂哭硬拉我走。就连理发师都说‘你还是带他回去改天才来吧！’ 所以我也没办法，让他留长发了，哈哈！就因为这样很多外人会问我他是girl or boy? =_=""
In addition to that, Aden has a very bad habits of throwing things, basically everything, sometimes he'll even throw things from upstairs to downstairs and to date, he had spoil many things including his toys (blame his fast hands!)
I have taught him many many times to not do this, I even showed him the proper way which is to give instead of throw. We even resorted to caning when he really misbehave. But all are no use cause he doesn't seems to understand!! When I scolded and asked him whether he still want to throw or not, he will shake his head but after a while, he'll repeat the same old acts. Worst, when we dine outside, he'll sometimes throw the spoon/bowl to the floor. Arghhh, really drive me nuts!!! Can you imagine I have to scream at him almost everyday like a mad lady!
Any mummies have any advices to me regarding this? Appreciate that!