Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Everyone needs some ME time

Being a stay-at-home-mum to 2 boys sure makes me very crazy tired and stressed. Plus I am not those very patient types to be honest, I am just like that #dontjudgeme
So in order not to make myself go even crazier tired, I make sure I have some ME time doing the things I like every week, leaving the kids to le hubby/family members.

Like...

KTV comes chit chat session with bffs



We had a small food party that night ;)
(I hope can have mini gathering like this more often) 


I also appreciate bigger gathering like this.........



My dance instructor TS, she is a school teacher too! I admire her talents, she knows a lot of dance steps (line dance, traditional dance, cha cha, zumba, hip hop, break dance and etc)



These are some of the members who attend the dance lessons, some I haven't met before as we attend different classes


These are some of the food we had that night~

We also had a small gift exchange session.


Of course those food gathering like above cannot attend every week la, sure gain weight and cause wallet a big hole >.<"

But workout/exercise session, that for me, must attend every week! 


 Fitness dance class, I attend twice weekly~

Also tried piloxing, a new type of fitness style which combined pilates, boxing and dancing~

I exercise not just because I want to be slim, most importantly I need to sweat and detox! Which I believe is a great way to de-stress, and is important in giving our body and mind peace!


While I do look forward to ME time, I do cherish every moments spent with my dear family...




Aden is already 4yo, while Toby is now 1yo, kids sure grow up fast aren't they? 
And hubby and I also getting older, so must appreciate every minutes which we get to spend together ;))






What about you? How would you define your own ME time?

42 comments:

  1. It is good that you have some activities and me-time to de-stress, we all need a balance between work (in this case your work is being a good wife and mother) and play, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you balancing your family time and Me time. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I always tell my missus to go out with friends for coffee or a bite to eat and chat chat chat...a break from her every day routine. Therapeutic. But she's not keen, quite happy to stay at home, do the chores...or watch Korean shows on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very nice of you!
      Well, as long as your missus is happy, staying at home is good also la! :p

      Delete
  4. I tried piloxing, not so used to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I kinda like it! Very good for our arms and legs ;)

      Delete
  5. A balance between family and personal time is always good.

    You had a great time,ya? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed most moms that look fabulous (like you) are those that have ME time or at least know how to de-stress. I think if you can do that, it is good, because if the mom cannot find balance, keep sacrifice sacrifice sacrifice until she become yellow face auntie (Cantonese), when the kids grow up she keeps nagging and reminding them of her sacrifices, they will feel pissed off also hahaha :/ .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the way you described like very funny la! Watched too much dramas liao is it? :p

      Delete
  7. You really have a healthy and happy lifestyle! Wow! I was surprised to see so much food and rice pot inside the karaoke room! Over here, they will throw us out for bringing outside food. That karaoke must be inside your home?

    I also have to sweat often otherwise I feel so sick in my head. My ME time is going to gym alone. Here there are many 24 hours Anytime Fitness Gym to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks!
      Yea, this KTV, we are allow to bring outside food, halal one la, but have to clean up a bit before leaving.

      Going to the gym alone sounds ok to me, we need to exercise to detox and de-stress!

      Delete
  8. yeah agree, nice to have small/ big gatherings ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally find a lot of ME time and that is only when I retire from working time... hahahaa... Yes, I can relate to your post, once awhile we must go out with our own group of friends.. and when we go home, we love our family even more.. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea right, can gossip gossip ma :p
      And we can act crazy with our bffs ;)

      Delete
  10. My ME time is going out to shop alone. Or facial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good too!! Retail therapy ;)

      Delete
  11. yup....everyone need Me time. else will go nuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, afterall we are just human right?

      Delete
  12. Yes, it's good to have Me time, if not you will go bonkers hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete
  13. 即使做了妈妈还是需要me time的,很好啊!
    你很瘦很美啊!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 是的,要不然会ki siao!每天24小时对着他们。。。:p

      Delete
  14. 当了妈妈之后Me time显得更重要,我们都需要平衡自己的生活,偶尔跳出家庭的琐碎繁杂,好好享受Me time是一种爱自己的表现。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯说的没错。做自己喜欢的事情,那感觉很棒!

      Delete
  15. That's nice that you are able to balance your time between babysitting and winding down. My poor wifey gotta take care of the kids 24 hours a day as I was in SG most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you must love her more! Give her more ME time whenever you can ;)

      Delete
  16. 难得有 me-time 真的很好,但是我不喜欢太常有,毕竟要麻烦别人帮忙照顾孩子也是顾虑之一。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 呵呵,如果是老公就ok啦!

      Delete
  17. Great to spend time with friends. Full of fun and a way of distressing. I always like ME time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, everyone needs and likes that ;)

      Delete
  18. Long time didn't go for karaoke, miss it.
    PS: I'm curious, both u & hubby sit at passenger seat, who was driving? ^__*

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is good and sane to have me time away from family commitment once a while. Good for you.

    How I wish I would have more of catching up with friends and such activities but hard to get my friends around as everyone is working and busy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here also, my gang, all also became mummies already, very hard to catch up.. Even our Whatsapp has gone quiet for weeks already...

      Delete
  20. At least you got more ME-time than me.. I only have ME-time when I "take MC" once every 2 months (oops!)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps, I feel you, 3 boys, sure very hard.
      But you can do it!! Jiayou jiayou!

      Delete
  21. ME time? What is that? I know of no such thing :'(

    Everywhere I go, my two shadows go with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know that feelings... What to do right~

      Delete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)