Tuesday, August 23, 2016

15 months

.... is my breastfeeding journey this time ;)

To others, 15 months could be nothing but to me, I am proud enough ^^



With Aden, it was hard cause of lack of experience and support. But with Toby, things get better. 

My initial goal was to breastfeed for first 6 months, but never expect I could continued until now.

Toby has started solid since 6 months old, and I introduced formula milk to him last month. So now, I am starting to slowly wean him off from breastmilk. Don't ask why, and don't judge me, cause I believe I already gave the best to him ^^
#dontjudgeme


Breastfeeding is not easy especially in the beginning, I encountered blocked ducts, engorgement, wet shirts, even mastitis :(
Thankfully I managed to survive, with helps from experienced mamas and through the Internet. Not forgetting supports from my family members.

I am sure going to miss the lovely bonding time with Toby from now on, but I am happy at the same time that I can eat whatever I want, and wear whatever I love whenever going out, haha!!

Will I continue to breastfeed IF I have my 3rd child? Of course! ;))
It offers so many benefits to the baby as well as to the mother!


To all the wonderful breastfeeding mothers out there, you are the best!
And if you have breastfeeding friends around you, do give her a big thumbs up ya! ;)

#breastfeeding #powerfulmilk #noteasybutworthit #noregret #mothersloveisthegreatest

32 comments:

  1. Double Big Thumbs Up to ya!

    Look at my size!... You know why la.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fast! Yes, they say it gets better each time. Another one on the way? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the midst of planning a 3rd baby? hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muahaha, you will know if I have.. :p

      Delete
  4. My sister also breastfeed my nephew, but only a few months cos she has to work, my brother in law joked that hers is one side is chocolate milk and the other side is strawberry milk because my mom asks are the two sides the same milk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 哺乳15个月已经非常棒了!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 好棒好棒哺乳15个月呢~~

    说真的,哺乳妈咪真的不容易办到的,我也庆幸第一胎感谢孩子的合作,喂到21个月~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Hayley! See, your little Toby is so healthy and bright. Mother's milk is best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bravo Hayley for breastfeeding him this long. Nobody will judge you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Mummy! I am having a tough time weaning Ayden off. He is going to be 3 end of this month and I am still at my wits end to wean him :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind, may be he's not ready, slowly la~

      Delete
  10. I salute you! Nobody can/will judge you. I have problem breastfeeding my kids. Just continue for 6 months then I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, you already gave your best! 15 months is great! I'm sure no one would judge you for doing so well. I imagine it can't be easy. I was actually kinda curious when you mentioned it but most source just say it's recommended to breastfeed only for the first 6 months so 15 months is actually a very long time. Great work Hayley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yea, some people breastfeed til 3-4 years! That's really not easy!

      Delete
  12. Thumbs up to you how matter how many months as breastfeed mommy~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! Good on you for breastfeeding him for so long.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)