Thursday, September 8, 2016

Day trip to Penang

The usual places I go whenever I go Penang is shopping malls like Queensbay or Gurney, this time around I suggested something new.
假日呆在太平也会闷,所以我们偶尔会北上槟城走走~ 不需要过夜,因为太近了,哈哈!

So we dropped by M Mall. It's actually next to Penang Times Square.
这天来到了 M Mall.



Haha, what kinda expression is this Aden?
这是什么表情啊?耍酷不过又偷笑?:p

There's a Madame Tussauds inside, I guess a small one perhaps~
里面有间蜡像馆,不过考虑到小瓜们都还不会欣赏所以没进去。
入门要钱哦,而且不便宜~


We din't enter, thinking that the kids is too young to appreciate that~ Plus entrance ticket is not cheap


There's also a kids indoor games center, very attractive for the kids, cause it's very colorful!
家婆说那海盗乌龟跟老公很像,哈哈!!


这间商场对我来说不好shop,没什么适合的~ 不过我倒很喜欢它们的设计,各个角落都有主题,可以拍很多照~ 肯定花了不少钱来装饰,不过那创意,赞!


This mall to me, nothing interesting to buy inside... But I do admire their interior designs, every floor has their own themes~
Here Toby spotted so many fruits in there and he's ready to climb inside! xD


后面的水果啊!!都是假的啦~ 不过就看了心情很好,颜色好鲜艳!^^
off shoulder 上衣很美,不过穿着它抱小孩还真的很不方便啊!>.<



Aden seems to enjoy this corner, some giant super heroes figurines~


Aden 最爱的角落,什么super hero 他都喜欢!

Toby spotted a giant bear sitting on the floor and he's ready to hug it and sleep~~




We left the mall empty handed, and visited Wonder Food museum, a specialty museum celebrating Penang's food heritage.
离开了M Mall,我们出发到食物狂想馆咯!


Our virgin visit here 
第一次来呢~

一进门就被这两样食物给吸引啦!马来西亚人都很熟悉的cendol 和煎荷包蛋! 
哦,如果你还不知道,里面都是槟城到地的食物复制品~

All the food replica looks very real, but be careful, most of them are not allowed to touch


Hubby with our Chinese cuisine, a big thumbs up he gave :p


来到槟城就会想到laksa啦!不过这个超级大碗的laksa到底要多少人吃才能吃完啊?!
我隔壁的小老鼠不够高看不到,哈哈!

Come Aden, try this giant bowl of laksa!

Not forgetting curry noodles! That prawn is indeed very giant!


And Cendol, something I would want when the weather is hot!

Roti Canai, 好久没吃了啊!!


Toby cannot wait to taste the roti canai!

Must dip with the curry gravy!


So how was it Toby? Yummy? :p


大部分的复制品都不给摸,不过他们也有准备一些可以摸/拿起来的以便拍照起来看了更真实~
几乎每个角落都有工作人员看顾


There are staffs there who will monitor and even take group photos for you

我要开动咯!


The museum prepared some replicas which can be hold and take some candid photographs.
I know our expressions is not appropriate at all, well it shows that my sister in law and I are not drama queens :p



Sweet corner, 几乎每个人都爱的甜食~ 

Life is short, make it sweet!!

发了霉的复制品看起来也好真哦!



Can tell what's this?
 Shark fins, say no to shark fins!


这间房间展示的都是全世界最高级最贵的食物~ 想要看是什么,自己去Google吧!:p
工作人员主动帮我们拍照,不过也太随便了吧??看那灯遮住了我老板的脸了 =_=

One thing I would love the staff to improve is their photography skill, please adjust to a better angle~ :p


Teh peng, teh o peng and whatever-peng is our local favorites, but my advise is, don't drink too much also.. Especially ladies, too much icy stuff is not good~ :p


Wonder Food Museum
49, Lebuh Pantai, George Town, 10200 George Town,
 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Facebook page: WonderFood Museum Penang

MyKad holders get cheaper price for the entrance tickets, can't recall how much exactly, but I remember it's reasonable.

Though this place is meant more for tourists, but it's nice for the locals too, get to see and learn more on local food culture. Always go shopping mall also nothing much to buy right? Might as well visit places like this~

Actually there are a lot of other replicas inside but I din't manage to take photos, cause busy chasing the 2 kids. So it's best if you can visit it yourself! 
It's a long post, but I hope you all read completely (cause my fingers are a bit numb now) and enjoyed!

虽说这地方比较适合外国人参观,不过对于我们这些本地人也很有趣!可以学习本地的食物传统和一些历史,比起去逛商场更好哦!^^
其实里面还有很多复制品我都没机会拍下,因为在忙着追那两个瓜(尤其是小的那个)。所以最好你们自己去看看啦!

好久没写那么长的部落了,打字打到手指麻了,你们最好认真给我看完ok? :p

 

36 comments:

  1. MMall确实没什么好逛,只是去拍拍照这样XD
    Wonder Food museum我没去过叻,找天要带小芝麻去了,等下他以为有得吃XP
    那个荷包蛋我真的以为是真的蛋,做得太像了啦!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯嗯。真的没什么好shop.. 不过拍照就ok.

      哈哈,它们的复制品真的做的很像哦~

      Delete
  2. The M mall and the Wonder Food Museum are new places that I have yet to visit. Seems like all my trips to Penang were quite hurried. I am interested to visit this food museum soon. Your photos are so colourful and happy! Your drama acting also passed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you can go, can act siao siao there at the food museum :p

      Acting skill passed? Haha, glad to hear that!

      Delete
  3. Have not been to Penang for years now, now that my girl is no longer in Sg Petani. Love that museum, very nice food displays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should plan for a visit to WM, can visit us the bloggers, eat all local food and visit some tourist places, lots of development already.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy looking at your two boys! This food museum is very interesting. I must go visit when I have a chance to go to Penang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PH!

      Yes, go visit it, it's interesting!

      Delete
  5. M Mall... sell those M Coin products one ar? Hahaha shopping better go back to Gurney Plaza or QB lah... or Paragon if you feel richer :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yea I agree, those 2 are a better shopping malls.

      Paragon also ok la!

      Delete
  6. Toby is a big boy already! So fast ho!
    I havent been here, looks interesting, esp the wax statues etc. Ok put in my checklist for next visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Time sure flies, the kids grown up, we also got older, hur hur!

      Delete
  7. I prefer to go these places than go shopping as Singapore already have lots of shopping centre...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes pretend to be a tourist is a good thing too!

      Delete
  8. 那个食物馆很特别,有些食物做得蛮逼真的~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯嗯,改次有北上可以考虑这个哦!
      (顺便来找我 ;p)

      Delete
  9. 哇~好大碗的Laksa和Cendol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 哈哈对啊!如果是真的就好!xD

      Delete
  10. Penang has definitely expanded. The last time I was there, there was only Komtar. I don't remember Queensbay being around back then.

    The museum looks like a new place to visit too. May I say that it's the potential to induce hunger in some of the readers? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, expanded a lot now. I wonder what happened to Komtar, been years since I last went, haha!

      Delete
  11. I like the food replica, very colourful and interesting, I will like to visit M Mall and the museum to take photos if I go Penang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, very colorful, see already also feel mood better :p

      Delete
  12. I havent been to the wonder food as yet... Very interesting and cute.. All giant bowls!! Lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go Penang frequently, next time can go visit this museum!

      Delete
  13. Oh you came to Pg and seemed enjoying pretty much. Good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never been to M Mall. All the photos with your sons are so cute, especially the food photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time if you go Penang can visit this place...

      Delete
  15. This looks like so much fun! I'll be in Penang in November. Will try to find time for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. 原來還有食物狂想館這種地方,我才知道 XD
    那個海盜烏龜的確跟你老公很像 哈哈哈哈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 对啊对啊,还有一个3D museum, 我们没去。

      哈哈很像啊?LOL!

      Delete
  17. Wow! Those food looked so delivious in their giant sizes!!! I want to visit this museum. Make me drooling only. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes come la, can take the chance to have some holidays.

      Delete
  18. the food looks so real! I wish that ais kacang is real...and that roti canai...mmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmm...drooling now!!!! btw, u look fabulous there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish those are real too, haha!

      Thanks!

      Delete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)