Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Aden goes to kindergarten

Ola!
This is my first post of 2017! Hope still ok to wish all my readers a happy new year!! 😃

After a year of honeymoon, my Aden boy is officially in kindergarten now ;)

I love their uniform, who says pink is only for girls?? xD

First day to school, he was behaving ok (except that he wants me to by his side all the time =_=)

Getting his name tag from his teacher

I enrolled him to the afternoon class, though I still think morning session would be better for me (in terms of sending and picking), but morning class will be a bit tiring for him I guess as he needs to wake up around 7 something...


First week is orientation week so they engaged mostly in singing and dancing....

... also some exercises.....

... and story telling by the teacher

... as well as playing toys...

There will be a few minutes of snack break every day

Teaching them to queue up properly before leaving the classroom.
First few days were kinda messy, all kids playing and running around >.<
Can imagine how the teacher feels looking after 26 kids at the same time haha! I alone jaga 2 kids also nearly faint already LOL!

For the first week, I was there accompanying him. They only attend the school for 2 hours for the first week. This week onwards will be 4 hours.


Yesterday, I was there for about half an hour and when I told him I was leaving, he cried, refused to let me go. 
In the end I still left, I heard him crying. But I have to be firm, I know I can't accompany him everyday.
He looks fine when I pick him up, teacher said he was ok when I wasn't around... 

I know it will be a challenge sending him to school for the time being, as he is still quite clingy to me, it takes times for him to mingle around people, but have to train him to learn to be independent. 
I hope things will go on smoothly after this, gambateh my boy! You can do it!

p/s: my mum said I cried everyday for the first month when I started kindergarten, I hope Aden won't be like me, hahaha!! 😅
 

28 comments:

  1. Be a good boy in school, Aden. Study hard, and make your parents, especially your mum, proud! God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wish he can be a good boy too!

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely and warm post. It reminds me of myself and my mum doting on my first day at kindergarten.

    Aden is a very brave and confident kid so I am sure he will not cry easily in a week. Pink colour is good to radiate love & happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He improved a bit la, hopefully no more tears at all starting next week~~

      Delete
  3. Aden big boy already!He will be ok lah, just give him time. Myself last time also memberontak when go to kindergarten. So clingy to my grandma. hee..hee..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, most kids will memberontak in the beginning, some will be ok in a while, some takes longer time.

      Delete
  4. Aden is a big brother so he is looking the part in his smart school uniform. i think afternoon session is better for him too because i am someone who can not wake up in the morning, hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, got good and bad also la studying in the morning session..

      Delete
  5. Mine same case.. when I left my son, I could hear him bawling away... so loud till the Sister (Nun) came and asked what happened, after that, he never cried.. hahahaa... When we are not around, they sure won't cry.. malu ma.. hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true, they dare not cry loudly in front of other people.. Just sob only..

      Delete
  6. Can choose morning or afternoon session over in Malaysia? If not wrong, the kindergarten here, the first year, afternoon, the second year, morning session...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends on management, some cannot choose some can.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha! Hope he will be alright soon. I did not accompany Jamie at all. ^^ bad mummy, left him with the teachers. He did cried for 3 days but for few minutes after I left him. Now he is alright but need a bit of incentive so he will be willing to go to kindergarden. ^^

    Aden so grown up now. And the pink uniform is cute.

    So nice can go in the afternoon. Mostly kindergardens here are morning session. I put Jamie half day so he is from 7am to 1145am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good la, your Jamie is one independent boy.

      Wah 7am?? So so early...

      Delete
  8. How time flies! Aden is all grown up now. Yes must train him to be independent, as time goes by, he will get used to it

    I think you must feel heart pain to hear him cry but it is true that you must be firm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I am ok with him crying, I just worry he will throw temper and cause troubles to the teachers...

      Delete
  9. When my kids went to kindergarten, I had to be around too. But they got used very fast so no trouble for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 大个仔了,加油哦!慢慢来吧!孩子也需要时间的^^
    我儿子的幼儿园是不支持父母陪伴孩子的,就让他们直接习惯没有父母陪伴孩子的上课,还好那时第一天送去他没有感觉所以我就直接走人了xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 嗯嗯我知道,所以我也告诉自己耐心点 =)

      哈哈那很好耶!你的佟B确实很棒!

      Delete
  11. WISH ADEN HAPPY SCHOOLING. DON'T WORRY ONCE HE GOT FRIENDS THERE...HE WILL BE FINE AFTERWARD...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, he already got 2 best friends there LOL!

      Delete
  12. Aiyo...it felt like just yesterday he was a baby..grow so fast. 1st week of kindy sure fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are right, you need to be firm. Very fast he will forget about being clingy one lah... although you might not like it that much when that happens hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am waiting for that day to come!

      Delete
  14. Big big ady. Doing great at kindy ...keep up Aden!!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)