Skip to main content

The unwelcomed birthday presents

(Note: Quite a long post, I skipped my afternoon nap to write this so please read everything ya!! xDD)


Past 2 weeks were really exhausting for me.

It all started on 20th April when Aden developed a mild fever, he was tired and sleepy, I let him skipped school for 2 days.

He seldom takes afternoon nap, when he does, it means he is not feeling well :(


The next day, it was Toby's turn😢

Poor boy, his temperature reached 39° and it was on and off~

Then I notice he started to have these cute double eyelids for a few days~ Haha not sure why~

He was feeling really unwell, very lethargic, no appetite and super duper clingy to me!


Then both brothers started to cough badly 😢😢 

So on the 25th, I brought them to the pediatrician again. 
He examined both boys and suspected it could be pneumonia and even dengue (because their fever were on and off).
Suggested to get admitted right away.

I wasn't sure if that's necessary because I knew once admitted, have to stay for at least 5 days (hubby's niece had that before). But somehow, he is the pediatrician, we have to trust him.... And I want the boys to receive proper treatments and get recovered asap, so I said ok.

First day in the hospital, both fell asleep late afternoon after taking medicines

They have to take nebuliser every 6 hours

Let's start with big brother Aden. Honestly he was quite behaved throughout the stay, he took his nebuliser and medication without much fuss, and he did not cry when the doctor poked his hand for blood drawn. He can sleep and eat well.
 He recovered quite fast, I think he started to feel better from day 2 onwards, but cannot go home yet because the antibiotics have to be taken for 5 continuous days

Toby on the other hand, he really drove me nuts. 
He struggled when the doctor poked his hand (I understand, he was still too young so crying is understandable). He cried hysterically whenever taking his nebuliser and medicines, nurses also shake heads.... 
The most tiring part was, he wants ONLY ME to carry, he just couldn't stay in the room and always wanted to go out. I used to carry him but during that few days, my arms ached! 
I tried to be patient, knowing how suffering he is, but there are times I just couldn't help, I got really upset because I was really tired and he was so clingy! 😭


Then me, I slept on those foldable rest seat for 4 nights. Of course it wasn't comfortable and I did not have good sleeps, the room is a shared room so you can imagine how peaceful it is~
Anyway, those to me are just small matters, I just want my kids to be comfortable and recover asap.


I stayed at the hospital most of the times, only 2 afternoons I sneaked out back home for a quick shower and change, while my mum and mum-in-law stayed at the room with them. 
I am thankful to have these 2 ladies with me because they take turns to help me in the hospital, while I can rest a bit during daytime.
Hubby got really caught up with works, he only came accompanied us at nights.


Doctor came to us on day 2 telling us it wasn't dengue, but it was confirm to be pneumonia.
How the hell such young children got pneumonia? We have no idea. It could be viral infections.

Toby's situation is slightly serious than his brother. He cough really terribly and lost his voice.
I only started to see improvements on day 4. I got worried that he wasn't able to discharge the next day~ 


Lucky his fever was fully subsided, according to the physiotherapy staff, once he has no sign of fever his phlegm would reduced and he would eventually feels better

 Aden skipped school for 6 days in total and his homeworks......... I don't even wanna talk about it :p :p 
You see he usually gets 2-3 pages of homeworks everyday, so you can count how many pages of homeworks he has during the admission.
I went to the school to collect his homeworks and asked him to do bit by bit.
He is only in kindergarten and he already has so many homeworks, I cannot imagine how it's going to be when he goes to primary school >.<


On day 5 morning, exactly a day before Toby's second birthday, we got green light to discharge!! Yay!!

Aden was fully recovered, while Toby got 80% recovered, I was so glad!  


Medical bills for 5D4N stays is about RM8k for both boys =_="""
Just Toby alone is already RM4k++, luckily we have medical cards!
It's really important to have insurance these days, during cases like this especially.
----------------------------------------------------

Ok, sad story aside!

The next day after Toby got discharged, it was his second birthday. 
No fancy celebration as we still need to watch his food intake, so I just bought him a Minion cake, had a simple dinner with close family members.



Happy birthday my darling! Mummy prays that you grow up healthy and happy!! And please no terrible two ya! 😆 


Exactly a week later, it was Aden's birthday!
Since this is his first year at kindergarten, I let him celebrate his birthday in his class with friends.

It was an advanced birthday celebration for him as his actual birthday falls on Sunday.

Party packs for his friends!

 Notice a short fella eyeing on the fried meehoon?? Hahaha! xD


The cake requested by Aden, Lightning McQueen cartoon. Whole cake finished, apparently all the kids love the cake! =)


Because I did not get to eat that cake, I let Aden choose another cake on his actual birthday, muahahaha!! 

This is the 3rd birthday cake for them  :p
(Little brother is trying to wink)


Aden wanted Poli cars design this round, inside is chocolate icing cake, yummy~
The cake is 1kg, cost me RM100 including the 4 Poli cars, quite reasonable la!

My parents came over that night for a simple birthday celebration

Sons with their ah ma~

Happy boy!

With my 2 darlings~~ 

Happy birthday once again Aden! You are now 5 years old! 
Mummy hopes you grow up healthy, happy and handsome! ^^


Both are fully recovered now, back to their naughty selves =)


By the way, I wanna take this chance to wish all the mothers out there 
A Happy Mother's Day!! 🌹🌹🌹💖💖 

Til then, have a great weekend!


Comments

  1. Wow! You are really a tough and good mummy! It was really difficult to jaga 2 boys in the hospital at once. I think you lost appetite and weight for all the worries. It is such a nice story to see a happy ending with 2 birthdays. I hope they will someday read this blog of yours and appreciate your love & sacrifices.
    Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's not easy at all, but we mummy just can do it, hehe!
      Lost appetite, not really xD But I looked very tired and 'chan'.. :(

      Thanks for the comment TM!

      Delete
  2. Thanks god they had recovered..yay
    Good boys
    I understand you must be so worried and exhausted during that period.
    Good job mummy!!
    Happy belated birthday to Aden and Toby
    Happy Monther's Day to you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, we mothers sure can understand this kinda feeling right?

      Thanks ya!

      Delete
  3. This is really long post. The longest from you I think. ^^

    Poor boys and mummy. But glad everything was fine in the end. Luckily not dengue. Jamie also sick for 2 weeks. Coughing didnt get better and he suddenly had fever on and off after 2 weeks so I worried that he may get dengue. Went back to doctor. Antibiotic given and luckily he recovered but got antibiotic-related diarrhea for 3 days!! Headache and tired me while I were recovering from sickness myself.

    Glad your boys recovered in time for the youngest's birthday. Lovely photos of the boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I believe so, that's why I asked my readers to finish reading it all haha!

      Hmm true, lucky it's not dengue, else need to worry more..

      A mother is the restless when her children are sick, right?

      Delete
  4. Phewwwww!!!! Glad that both are well now. Pneumonia? I am pretty sure it was viral fever - one gets it, the other will get too. Good thing you and the father did not get it - it is very infectious. Belated birthday greetings to your boys, God bless, all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, probably viral fever then develop into coughing.
      Thanks STP!

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

    Happy Belated Birthday to the boy's :)

    Good to hear that they have fully recovered...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor thing, kids fall sick, most heart pain is mother, happy mother's day to you Hayley and glad to hear they have now recovered and happy belated birthday to the boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's day to you, Hayley.

    I was there too with my two girls in a same room due to food poisoning. It was tough and tiring, I can understand how you feel. Take this as part and parcel of a challenging motherhood.

    You stay easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor boys and poor you! Glad that they have recovered and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 辛苦了妈妈~~ 在医院要同一时间照顾两个生病"扭技"的小孩实在不容易,你真的好棒! 但现在雨过天晴了,希望你能好好休息,两个小孩能健健康康,快乐成长 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very glad to see both of them healthy again. The most taxing moments for a mum is when our kids not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated mother's day to you, Hayley! You are a super mother taking good care of your two sons with very less sleep for yourself. Good to hear that they are ok now and had wonderful birthday celebrations for each and more than once for Aden. He must be really happy to have 2 birthday cakes. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy belated birthday to your sons and happy belated mother's day to u! u r such a great mother for taking so much care for ur sons, tending to their needs and tantrum while they were sick and yet cheer them up with various birthday celebrations! Hopefully they grew up to be filial and obedient to u in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! (But strictly no advertisements please)

Popular posts from this blog

近期所用的美容产品分享篇

*还没参加抽奖游戏的朋友们,快快按这里吧~ 到今晚10点罢了哦!* (For those who have not participate in the Bangkok giveaway, click HERE before 10pm today!* *帮我的家换了形象,还好吧?^^ *
好久好久没来篇像样的华语post咯! 今天就算牺牲美容觉也得呕出一篇来回馈我亲爱的读者朋友们,我知道有时看太多鸡肠对眼睛不好 xDD 怎样,我抵錫吗?:p
Hmm 近期有用了些我觉得很不错的美容产品想和大家分享分享。
1. Tosowoong pore brush 这是我美容师介绍的,来自韩国的电动洗脸仪。据说是韩国最好卖的电动洗脸仪。用的是0.045mm的nano钎维细毛,最大功能就是能彻底的深入毛孔而清洁毛孔里的污垢,同时也不会令毛孔粗大,效果比平时我们用手洗来的更干净。因为用的是很软的细毛所以可以每天使用,也不会造成什么皮肤敏感等问题。 基本上它的操作方法就好像电动牙刷一样,先将细毛弄湿然后挤上洗面乳,on一on,就可以轻轻的往脸上洗。
上回从曼谷回来脸上突然起了好多粉刺油粒,而且还是会痒的那种,应该是那边的水和空气肮脏,加上喝不够水,又不够睡,搞到毛孔诸塞阿!刚好美容师介绍了这个 pore brush,用了几天后,真的有觉得皮肤比较干净亮丽!不过我并没有每天用啦!有时赶时间的时候,用手洗会比较快 xD 想要更了解Tosowoong pore brush的朋友,可以按这里
满意度:8/10
每次用完后把细毛稍微清洗,然后放在附送的stand上,自然风干就可以了
电动棒也可以’振出’很多泡沫~
这些细毛也不会集水,所以很快就会吹干了
里面用的是一个AAA电池。基本上只要把盖锁紧,整个洗脸棒浸在水里也没问题。 售卖价格:RM 170

2。那天去索取了一包7天装的 Clarins double serum sample,用了一次后立刻爱上它了!!我一直以来对Clarins的产品都有好评。这个也不例外! 它是以油和水所制成的,里面共有20种植物精华,主要功能是抗老,减少皱纹,缩小毛孔,紧实肌肤,让肌肤有弹性。 我一直相信抗老必须从早做起所以在还未迈入‘3张’就必须打好基础,呵呵~

包装里有两种精华分别是水性的和油性的。把两种精华混合在一起,轻轻往脸上压和拍打就可以了,不需要刻意…

Hot product, LATOJA (涵曦)!

Latoja (涵曦) is one of the latest slimming/skincare brand which invade Malaysia since last year.
It has technology from Spain and is manufactured in China.

Latoja has 3 products which are:
1. Latoja body slimming cream (王者纤体乳)
2. Latoja compact miniature hyaluronic acid solution (玻尿酸紧致原液)
3. Latoja infant skin serum (婴儿针)

1. Latoja body slimming cream:
- reduce cellulite, burn fats, lighten stretchmarks (even the very terrible ones), helps in post natal body repairing, increase lymphatic detoxification/sweating, improves water retention, reduce wrinkles, whitening and firming. Can be used on tummy, arms, hips and thighs. Suitable for male and female. Safe for breastfeeding mums but not recommended for pregnant women.

- it has ginger extracts so it leaves some warm sensation after application but it's actually very comfortable. Unlike those burning sensation which you find in other slimming cream.

See, it treats beer belly like magic!




Even very serious stretchmarks!
2. Latoja Hwanyu…

BFF trip to Bangkok 2013: The food post

Bangkok is not only a heaven for the men shopping but also food! I've actually Google and blog hopping beforehand to see what's worth to eat at Bangkok, can only chose the most popular ones as we were there for only 4 days 3 nights, a very rush trip.
I've filtered out those food we ate during the trip which I think worth mentioning.
@ Food court, Platinum Mall Green curry chicken rice
Beef noodles
Fruit crepe
The food court is so big here in Platinum Mall, hundreds of tables are provided but almost all are occupied.

Dessert @ Swensen, Platinum Mall

(pale looking face, first day after touching down) Swensen is not in my itinerary, we decided to go here instead of Mr Jones Orphanage at Siam Center cause of the location. Siam Center is further away from where we stay, but Platinum Mall is just about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. End up, no regrets! Much cheaper and yummier compared to Malaysia.

T&K seafood, Chinatown  (It's easier to get here by metered cab)





By far…